Cool a room ecologically, air conditioning

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 22/07/13, 07:41

To refresh my stay I installed a 250 mm hose which goes down into a cellar of 80m2 and I added 2 bathroom fan coils total 25 w it lowers the temperature by 2 degrees, when it is really too much hot and that is insufficient I add the air conditioning supplied with hydraulic elec I specify!
The air arrives from the cellar at 23 °.
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

A small diagram please

by fabio.gel » 22/07/13, 08:38

Hi raymon

I also thought taking the air from the basement at home against the air quality is not terrible.

Thank you

Fabio

raymon wrote:To refresh my stay I installed a 250 mm hose which goes down into a cellar of 80m2 and I added 2 bathroom fan coils total 25 w it lowers the temperature by 2 degrees, when it is really too much hot and that is insufficient I add the air conditioning supplied with hydraulic elec I specify!
The air arrives from the cellar at 23 °.
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/07/13, 12:59

cooling by evaporation of water it works to lower the thermometer ... but it does not increase much than comfort because it increases the humidity! and we can't stand the heat when it's wet

to do better we would need a certain gas plant: outside air cooled by evaporation which cools the inside air by an exchanger, to have cooling without humidity

to circulate air taken in the basement? it can work when there is a good cellar with clean air ... when the cellar is used as a garage it is better to forget

there is a lot of freshness in the ground: a pseudo geothermal drilling is a good way to take advantage of it, also effective for cooling in summer or heating in winters with a heat pump
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Cool a room ecologically, air conditioning

by hic » 22/07/13, 13:24

elekaj34 wrote:Hello,

I post here, more as thermal comfort than heating;)

I live in Montpellier, and these weather outside is hot (31 ° C currently, up to 34 ° C yesterday afternoon on the balcony)

Suddenly, I have beautiful close window and shutter, I have 28 or 30 ° C in the apartment !!! : Shock:

Hi elekaj34
Alternative solution!

Because you are badly isolated,
a shutter of 2m², heated to more than 55 °,
it is a 2KW low temperature radiator,
in permanent operation, without thermostat!

insulation is always the best energy solution! always : Mrgreen:

another example in minimalist mode
A blue sky elevates the temperature of my double glazing, which is in the shade,
from 3 ° to 4 °, relative to the ambient air.
(24 ° inside / outside, glass 27 °:
reference window with mirror reflector and light insulation 24 °)

AMHA, this forum is not very economical : Evil:
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
Did67

by Did67 » 22/07/13, 14:44

Insulation is necessary, but not enough in a "scorching" regime.

There is also a need for thermal inertia in the house; In short: "mass" (walls, stones, concrete, solid bricks) inside the insulated barrier ...

At home, at the moment, living room facing south and southwest: 23 ° / external temp 31,5 ° (north face, in the shade).

How?

- external walls in "Bisotherm" (blocks of pozzolana)
- thick slabs / paving (no thermal break)
- concrete partition walls of 25 cm / plaster
- all brick / plaster partitions
- shutters 4/5 closed during the day on all the south and west faces
- "normal" double glazing (from the 95s)
- all closed during the day
- all open at night ...

"Fairly good" insulation (I am approaching 100 kWh / m².year) - this is not exceptional at all; today just average. And above all, a big thermal inertia. And a "flow management" - manual (open: close).

Without air conditioning, without Canadian or Provençal well ...

This no longer works when the night temperatures no longer drop below 25 ° ... There, the house will "average" around 28 ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/07/13, 15:35

complete insulation of a home is not necessarily the right solution

in my old house built in 1800 with stone and earth walls without any insulation there is no heat wave!

this accommodation is in good thermal contact with the ground and the temperature does not rise

of course in winter it would be a disaster to heat to 20 ° C, you have to know how to settle for 10 °

I see modern well insulated houses, where it is impossible to open the windows at night because of the mosquito! to take advantage of the cooling of the night you would have to wake up in the middle of the night to open everything

it would be a trick to invent an automatic ventilation that turns on only at the right time at the end of the night when the temperature is lowest

this automatic ventilation would also be effective in other seasons to save heating: ventilate only at the end of the afternoon when the outside temperature is the highest

it would be better than the stupid VMC which ventilates continuously therefore continues to carry heat when we have too much, or lose it when it is not necessary
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 22/07/13, 18:00

chatelot16 wrote:there is a lot of freshness in the ground: a pseudo geothermal drilling is a good way to take advantage of it, also effective for cooling in summer or heating in winters with a heat pump

In one of my old accommodation, I had made an artesian well very close to the house. A pump raised water "fresh" (not measured the temperature at the time) but saw the condensation on the pipe in summer .....

The idea was to connect this pump to a few radiators of the central heating circuit instead of watering the garden hoping that it would be enough to cool the house a little in the summer. The heated water had to be discharged from the other side of the house into the lawn.

Unfortunately chui left there without having had time to try ... or to know if it could have worked a minimum. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Did67

by Did67 » 22/07/13, 18:06

Flytox wrote:
The idea was to connect this pump to some radiators of the central heating circuit instead of watering the garden:

You could have done both! The "warm" water would have been good for the plants ...
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Cool a room ecologically, air conditioning

by hic » 22/07/13, 18:11

elekaj34 wrote:Hello,

I post here, more as thermal comfort than heating;)

I live in Montpellier, and these weather outside is hot (31 ° C currently, up to 34 ° C yesterday afternoon on the balcony)

Suddenly, I have beautiful close window and shutter, I have 28 or 30 ° C in the apartment !!! : Shock:
The problem is that at night, although I have all the windows (which overlook the same facade) open, I cannot cool the interior, 26 ° C this morning must be said that yesterday at 23 p.m. I was still 30 ° C outside and "only" 27 ° C this morning around 7am.

I don't want too much air conditioning, but just an "ecological" way (or at least as much as possible) to cool the room a bit. I'm not trying to have 20 ° C but if I can have 25 ° C it would be good (at least in the bedroom because sleeping in 30 ° is painful)

I found the method of evaporation by drying wet sheets ... but hey I think it's rather psychological;)

PS: The external T ° C are those of a thermometer placed away from the sun. To help nothing, the VMC makes me return the hot air outside !!!

hi elekaj34
I have a theory in progress
Your discomfort does not come from the temperature,
but hygrometry

By experiment,
My feeling of comfort and health is normal, as long as the humidity does not exceed 65% or 70%.
beyond that, I feel discomfort, suffocation,
which are the signs of Hyperthermia, (overheating)
which lead to discomfort.

this ALSO concerns fragile people and high level athletes.

The idea is to control comfort by hygrometry! for less than air conditioning.

here are the dates of the weather forecast which should make you feel unpleasant stronger than usual.

Weather forecast for the next hours:
the 23/07/2013 between 00:00 AM and 01:00 AM
24 ° C | 75 ° F
mostlycloudy
Partly cloudy
Temperature: 24 ° C | 75 ° F
Feels like 24 ° C | 75 ° F
Dew point: 18 ° C | 65 ° F
Wind direction: West (225 °)
Wind speed: 6 km / h (4 mph)
Relative air humidity: 71%
UV index: 0
Amount of precipitation expected: 0 mm (0 in)
Probability of precipitation: 10%

Weather forecast for the next hours:
the 23/07/2013 between 01:00 AM and 02:00 AM
23 ° C | 74 ° F
mostlycloudy
Partly cloudy
Temperature: 23 ° C | 74 ° F
Feels like 23 ° C | 74 ° F
Dew point: 19 ° C | 65 ° F
Wind direction: West (225 °)
Wind speed: 4 km / h (2 mph)
Relative air humidity: 76%
UV index: 0
Amount of precipitation expected: 0 mm (0 in)
Probability of precipitation: 10%

More: http://www.cartesfrance.fr/carte-france ... z2Zn3Dkoo8

ou

Meteociel - Relative humidity observed in real time in France
*** http://www.meteociel.fr/accueil/humi.php ***
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
Did67

by Did67 » 22/07/13, 19:43

Indeed, the humidity of the air plays a lot: a 30 ° / 100% humidity in Abidjan is tiring, while a dry 35 ° in the Sahel is quite livable (as long as you hydrate! Because without sweating in the sense of dripping, we lose a lot of water directly in the form of vapor).

This is the drawback of water evaporative cooling systems. It cools well and well, and even improssously if the air is dry; but that does not increase comfort that much ...

Where an air conditioning cools and dries up!

[for info, 23,8 ° tonight, house closed; always 31,5 ° outside]
0 x