Biological control, a healthy garden without chemicals

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 18/06/08, 14:21

Hello,
You're welcome, sharing information is also a way of being "ecological" : Mrgreen:
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 18/06/08, 15:56

About aphids, this year we had a lot on our apple trees, cherry trees ... but before making draconian decisions, we decided to wait and see and we did well, the following week hundreds of ladybugs get are intallée and we began to reproduce and goinfrer all the aphids!

Result of the match, the trees lost some leaves, the aphids are all dead and the ladybugs are good thank you!

If you do not have a chance (we did not always have it)
it is possible to buy larvae, it's pretty, cheap, it does not polish and in addition you can witness the transformation of larvae into ladybugs, very nice, it seemed to me that the black or red point appeared in the same place as the red "hairs" that the larvae on the back if it does not move any more, do not be afraid, it is that the metamorphosis has started!
http://www.jba-nature.com/boite-larves-coccinelles-coccinelles-europeennes-p-329.html
By the way, if you see them coming, know that the following year, you will have even more ...
Good luck to everyone
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Chrisboubou47
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Chrisboubou47 » 18/06/08, 16:46

there are some ladybugs in our country, but the poor are not the face of the innumerable aphids. so we put our blended tobacco leaf mixture in water, sprayed once ... and since the ladybugs seem to handle the thing, no need to add ...
0 x
Christophe

Re: Biological control, a healthy garden without chemicals

by Christophe » 21/07/21, 14:07

The bottom line of the biological fight of ladybugs! : Mrgreen:

ladybug.jpg
coccinelle.jpg (106.9 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 21/07/21, 15:05

Christophe wrote:The bottom line of the biological fight of ladybugs! : Mrgreen:

Nice, but the larvae are much more voracious than the imagos.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 21/07/21, 16:09

Moais, the concern is that they used Asian ladybugs, more voracious and now they have invaded us and are competing with ours http://www7.inra.fr/opie-insectes/pdf/i ... -et-al.pdf

Well done biological control : Mrgreen:
Attachments
amas2.jpg
Winters on the ceiling of my garden shed
amas2.jpg (309.62 KiB) Viewed 2579 times
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 21/07/21, 19:43

izydeconne
It is to forget a little too quickly that the local ladybirds were decimated by the insecticides spread by chemical agriculture and the most resistant partly prevented from reproducing sufficiently by the cutting down of protective hedges against their predators.
If it is a mistake in biological control to have imported foreign varieties, it is only due to intensive agriculture and its poisons for flora and fauna.
In addition, it is also forgetting that more and more insects come from elsewhere, through international trade which brings unwanted varieties such as the Asian hornet which decimates bees that have not been murdered by industrial products of the agrochemicals. : Evil:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré