Group electrogene 30 kva to gazoil: saving ideas?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
blach
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Group electrogene 30 kva to gazoil: saving ideas?

by blach » 06/05/08, 11:48

Hello

I just found out what forum which is really very interesting, but also very very vast and it is not easy for a beginner in the field to find understandable info.
Also I allow myself to ask a question which may have already been, but for which I have not found a clear answer ...

Here is what brings me here: I have a 30 kva diesel generator that runs 24/24 and 7/7 (power supply from an isolated site). It consumes a lot of diesel, more than 100 L / day and I wondered if it was possible to
- replace the fuel with another simple oil type, or something else?
- In what proportion?
- Are there any problems relating to the ignition of the group (the day it runs out of gas for example, and we want to restart it)?
- How can we very simply improve the group's performance? It is in full sun, and I thought to myself that in the shade it would consume less right? Other tips to limit consumption?
- Is the diesel consumption of the group a function of the power called or is it constant? If I reduce the consumption of my equipment, will the group consume less diesel?

Here you are, thanks in advance for your responses
0 x
jc-tergal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jc-tergal » 06/05/08, 22:50

for the oil you start at 5% then you climb slowly. Me in my space pump bosh and direct injection I go up to 50% without problem and in the scenic it is 30% max. Must see the type of pump, the brand ... Go take a look on oliomobile.org for more info.

The oil is collected in a good restaurant which does not reuse it too much so then it is filtered at 25 microns then 5 microns and 1 micron in "brico depot" filters traditionally used on water pipes at home.
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 07/05/08, 08:24

Have you considered making a gillier-pantone assembly on your generator?
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 07/05/08, 09:36

Hello,
what is the brand of your injection pump?
photos please?
0 x
blach
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by blach » 07/05/08, 10:15

Thank you for your answers.
I have not yet seen the group, but it will be done soon, and I will keep you posted on these specifics.

For oil, it is indeed an economical solution but can we not turn almost 100%?

In any case I imagine that at 10 - 20% oil, no modification is to be made on the engine, I make the mixture in the tank and that's it?

Besides, I was wrong, my group is turned off every evening and turned on every morning, because it makes too much noise for the night (batteries take over at night).
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 07/05/08, 10:46

Certainly, there are many questions to be asked for such a power.

if the engine is more than 10 or 15 years old and if it has a good old mechanical injection pump, it is certain that it consumes too much and that a pantone would help it to pollute less.

Management-specific questions may arise: what does it fuel? Wouldn't better consumption planning make it possible to use a smaller group, therefore with a better yield, at certain times? Saving 10 liters per day pays off a small group in one year

could not some productions go to pure thermal solar? (domestic hot water, including for the washing machine (s), dishes, etc.)

the fact that it is a little hot does not pose in my opinion that a little problem: diesel engines consume less in summer, but we can maybe put the radiator in the shade (which could maybe also contribute to ECS)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
blach
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by blach » 07/05/08, 11:22

Here is some additional information to help you think about it: the group supplies a telecommunications site, roughly batteries, electronic equipment and air conditioners.
At night, the equipment is powered by batteries. During the day, the group recharges the batteries and supplies the equipment
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 07/05/08, 11:38

Are there inhabitants?
With us or in tropical countries
Have we already made a general consumption measurement for telecom equipment + their air conditioners (essential in these latitudes)

Another important detail: some installers neglect to mount the air conditioners in the shade. Do not hesitate to give them a small roof, preferably white.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 07/05/08, 13:33

Hello,
the simplest: start on 30% oil, and if it is stable hot, cAd set off to last, make a bicarbruation system: change the tank (return hoses) with simple mechanical ball valves, to switch to 100 % oil ! or 90% if you freak out but there are no reasons, if the mechanics are in good condition (a little cleaning is required).
to stop the group, switch to fuel 30% oil.

what T ° C does it do when you start the band?

yes, the cooling water can be used because it is an important part of the yield.
0 x
blach
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by blach » 07/05/08, 15:44

No inhabitants, it is only a shelter for telecom equipment.
It is relatively hot in our latitudes, it is the South of Morocco.
I would say a temperature between 20 and 30 ° C at the start of the group.

The inventory of equipment consumption must be carried out soon.
0 x