Impact on a newer vehicle?

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
lenobono
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Impact on a newer vehicle?

by lenobono » 25/03/08, 23:59

Hello,

I am currently studying the possibility of embarking on the installation of a Pantone system on a test vehicle, and then possibly in a larger impact business where I would offer a conversion service for the general public ...

The problem facing me right now, is that the person with the mechanical skills with whom I want to associate makes me by that the pantone system is relatively outdated if we consider the vehicles of today and where I find me (in Canada).

It is clear that all pantone engine installations are done on older vehicles, diesel engines and tractors ... I am beginning to doubt the usefulness of such a system on a newer vehicle.

For example, I have a 2002 Ford Focus, and this type of vehicle, following regulations, already has an emission control system which includes detectors which automatically regulate the gasoline / air flow of the engine in order to carry out an optimal burning of the gasoline, and also reinserts part of the exhaust gases to the engine.

According to my mechanic friend, therefore, this system already has all the characteristics of the pantone system, minus the obvious depollution advantage. The current vehicle system, still according to the mechanic, also already leads to an improvement in efficiency of around 30%. In addition, today's vehicles being automated and computerized, it would be quite complex to make a modification of the system without affecting the on-board computer and making it either ineffective or out of whack.

So my question (simplistic version) is whether the pantone system is really necessary for current vehicles (2000s and up) or if it is only older diesel vehicles and tractors that can take advantage of this principle!
0 x
: Lenovo Bono

I'm the good Lenovo!
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 26/03/08, 09:29

Absolutely!

and we are in the middle of a theoretical debate on the question
you will find answers on this subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/dopage-mot ... t4883.html

Good reading
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Osiris
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Osiris » 27/03/08, 00:58

leno bono,
this is a very interesting question !!!

Personally I will answer the following thing from a CO2 rejection point of view:
Given that these are the oldest vehicles which are the most polluting (and the most numerous) doping with water and pantone find all their interest there.

In the meantime, waiting for a possible technological breakthrough that will allow us to drive with non-fossil fuel:
- either to renew the world car park immediately !!! as Mr Peugeot would like with his last campaign of the "Blue Lion" which would like us to replace our old occas' for a new "pigeot", but good in these times of power of buying at half mast it may be relatively difficult ... and it does not solve the problem from an ecological point of view (because it will necessarily be necessary to produce more cars), apart from the enrichment of car drivers, I see not really what it can bring ...

-or start today to develop simple solutions and can be expensive (in comparison with current solutions) like water doping which works very well on the oldest models in circulation (far more numerous if we consider the world fleet in circulation, when we know that a good part of our old cars end their lives in in the countries of the south).

-of course you can also take your bike ....

In short, I think that the pantone is not intended (at first) to equip recent cars that emit less and less CO2 (in comparison with old cars, even if we are far from what it would take to effectively fight against global warming and other health problems related to pollution) in any case this process is in my opinion very effective on old cars, trucks and engines at constant load, at this stage of its development, while waiting that it improves that they can provide better gain on the most recent vehicles.

so if you have the opportunity to experiment do not hesitate ....

A word to everyone, hi
0 x
"When the man has shot the last
tree, caught the last fish, polluted
the last river, then he will go
reckon that money cannot be eaten. "
Native American proverb
lenobono
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lenobono » 27/03/08, 12:20

Captain, I don't think my technical level will allow me to understand this subject any time soon. If I apply the technique, then it will probably be through a "Breathe New Life Into Your Car" program or something similar.

I will continue to do my research on the viability of the thing ...

In the meantime, a little bit of information on the emission control system that I mentioned which was already in existence ... I remembered that this system was a "Catalyst" (or catalytic converters), and as far as I know, this is the same thing i find on the next page:
http://www.faurecia.fr/pages/products/exhaust.asp

Perhaps the catalytic converter system can be integrated into a pantone system, perhaps the opposite, or perhaps the two must absolutely be independent ... I believe that this is a subject to deepen (I will try to contribute to the subject linked by Capt).
0 x
: Lenovo Bono

I'm the good Lenovo!
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/03/08, 12:57

lenobono wrote:Captain, I think my technical level will not allow me to understand this subject anytime soon.

Little advice, start by reading this: https://www.econologie.com/synthese-des- ... -3589.html

It couldn't be simpler as a summary ...

ps: Maloche I answered your 2 questions to chatam on the other subject ... but I don't know if that satisfies you : Cheesy:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 27/03/08, 22:44

Wait, I will see
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^