Old house full foot which costs expensive to heat!

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dadou9999
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Old house full foot which costs expensive to heat!

by dadou9999 » 25/03/08, 13:49

Hello,

I have a house on the ground floor 8) where I am a tenant. : Cry:
the problem is that it does not date from yesterday and therefore isolation is a utopia.
I do not want to leave my house (and saw the hassle to find accommodation, no way to leave).
but I would like to reduce my consumption and therefore my electricity bill (200 € / month yes, I know it's a shame, but if it was up to me I would have started by isolating it)
my owner does not want to isolate it and does not want to sell, and imposes on me the electric boiler ( : Evil: who only has a boiler) because it consumes, consumes, consumes and my average temperature is between 15 ° and 16 ° (long live winter! : Shock: )

Maybe I'll put a stove soon. *
but I don't know which model to use to heat my 70 m²

I would like to insulate the house at a lower cost : Idea: (external appearance is a square)

and if someone also knows how to heat better (I have water heaters in the house can it be diverted that?)

could someone advise me, knowing that i know absolutely nothing about it : Idea: :?:

ps: I understand the basics, photons all that, but I don't want to be ripped off by the seller from Casto ... thank you in advance for your help

thank you in advance for your precious help,
a repressed ecologist
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 07/04/08, 21:24

as a tenant, you don't have much choice.
if there is a chimney in the housing, the best would be a pellet stove because the day you leave the housing, you take it. but be careful to check if the conduit is up to standard. I do not know if you need the owner's agreement to use an existing duct? you should be informed.
if not, do you have the day / night rate?
if so, electric radiators with storage by refractory bricks are cheap used. they weigh in the 200 to 300 KG and it is necessary to remove the bricks to move them. the advantage is that they heat up during off-peak hours and restore their heat during peak hours.
0 x
Click my signature
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 08/04/08, 09:16

To insulate not too expensive: in general the heat goes especially by the roof spaces, 20cm of glass wool would settle the question not very expensive ... For the rest (window, walls) there is no miracle: that is expensive, therefore unthinkable in the context of a rental.
Storage heaters are stews: it costs a fortune and it weighs tons ...
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 08/04/08, 09:33

200 euro per month ??

If you can install a turbo type stove or any other stove that can work with sawdust. I tried this this year. It's great, provided you slightly oversize it compared to a wood stove. It is often easy to find free sawdust at the request of the carpenter. They are often happy to get rid of them. Anyway even by buying the wood it will cost you much less.
0 x