Photos of solar installations from the road

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 05/03/08, 12:31

Hello

Tigrou wrote

of course the system will be more efficient by plugging into an existing radiator circuit, but I have no boiler.

Why do you say that ?

We can often read that the PCS is preferable because it uses lower temperatures and better suited to solar
Personally I would like to know a feedback on a solar installation using conventional radiators (for work on existing for example)
To test a low temperature solution, I lower the temperature of the water circulating in my installation (oil boiler) with the mixing valve and I check if I manage to maintain the temperature in the house. The limit still seems to be around 45-50 ° C.

A+
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 05/03/08, 16:29

Christophe wrote:Bham, I think the LM links are temporary ... it will not work in a few hours ...

Oh well? well you will have to do a search on the Leroy-M site
so.
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 05/03/08, 16:47

loop wrote:Personally I would like to know a feedback on a solar installation using conventional radiators (for work on existing for example)
A+

Quote: " A heating element dissipates a power which is essentially proportional to the product of its surface area by the temperature difference between it and the heated room.

Therefore, at constant heating power, if we want to be able to lower the temperature of the heating means, we have to increase its surface. We can add fins to the radiators which increases the surface or go to the stage above that is to say, use all or part of the floor or walls to really have a large area.
"

The following : http://amet.pierre.free.fr/yvesgern/Mur ... ntsWeb.htm
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 05/03/08, 19:17

Bonsoir

Thank you Christine for the link to this original achievement
Definitely this Pierre Amet site, that of genius

Still, we can't necessarily use this solution if we have a lot of furniture in front of the walls or don't want to break everything
Increase the number of radiators or incorporate fins?
Not obvious if we have a minimum of aesthetic concerns
Not easy to change everything for the low temperature either
It would be necessary to invent a temperature booster (but not a heat pump) which, using 2 Liters of water at 30 ° C, warms 1 Liter to 60 ° C
Notice to thermodynamicians!

A+
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 06/03/08, 00:02

For the "low temperature" radiators, I had large surface Acova installed in the bedrooms on the 1st floor, since a wooden house therefore no concrete slab on the 1st.

They are very beautiful aesthetically and heat the rooms well if necessary with water at 35 / 40 °.

On the ground floor: low temperature heating floor.

The gas boiler is still on the mini.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 07/03/08, 07:47

Still some questions for tigrou_838 if you have time to answer:

1-You say that your underfloor heating works permanently: can we say that the solar gives you 24 / 24h sufficient calories at 22 / 23 ° C throughout the winter or is it also thanks to your stove and its associated coil?
Because I suppose there are days or "solemnly" speaking you have nothing?

2-Do you take daily / weekly readings of "solar yield" taking into account the sunshine, outside temperature, ... etc?

3-How did you determine the area of ​​solar solar panels to buy based on your floor heating area?

4-Do you have photos and explanations of your heat exchanger on your stove?

5-Can you give me the German address where you bought your Howatech pipes?

thanks.
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

solar

by tigrou_838 » 07/03/08, 10:35

hello, so to answer.

calculation of the panels according to the capacity of the tank.

I send 22 / 23degrees in the heated floor, which allows me to maintain between 18 / 19degrees in the house with a circulator on speed two, 45w, while it is -7 at night and + 6 during the day.

after two to three days of cold without sun, I go up the calories of the tank with the coil behind the stove.

for now the coil is too small in length 4metres and too large in diameter diam14 / 16, the bulb thermostat works by coupling, I will soon do it again, longer 8 to 10metres and thinner, diam10 / 12.

of course I make a fire with two / three logs every evening and every morning to save the calories in the tank, have more autonomy and also because the system is designed for tempered, the few degrees of additional comfort it is the stove that gives them.

last week, the weather was nice and not too cold + 2 to + 12, I did not make any fire for the week, the sun was sufficient to heat by the system and accumulate too many callories in the tank.

search on google HOWATECH, he had a site not too badly done.

I hope I have almost answered.

not easy since my system is still evolving, at the moment insulating on the tank, insulating on the pipes, still a lot of work to do, like two sensors at 90degrees full south direct on radiator to heat bathroom and laundry garage, which will make me two solar heat diffusers on each side of the house; it's in progress.

jean
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

solar

by tigrou_838 » 07/03/08, 10:40

I just found the person on my purchase order of the time, speaking French and the address of the company of the floor heating special renovation very thin.

Christiane Schier
HoWaTech GmbH
Kühlweinstr. 4
66333 Volklingen
Tel. +49(0)6898 91466-0
Fax +49(0)6898 91466-66
info@howatech.de
http://www.howatech.de

solar greetings.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 07/03/08, 10:55

Thank you Jean for your answers, I just went to see your private gallery on the forum Call and I saw the photos of your stove there.
I guess this stove was not originally equipped with a coil, so you made this coil yourself.

Your feedback is very interesting because it proves that with a not very important "house" buffer tank and a low temperature heating floor with low inertia, solar heating is viable even in the North-East.

Great for the address, it's next to Saarbrücken, not far from my home.
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

solar

by tigrou_838 » 07/03/08, 11:01

but nothing BHAM,

if you want to see the two sensors at 90degrees, look on call the CR, http://amet.pierre.free.fr/evrard/evrard.html it will be pretty much the same thing but in total autonomy for both,

thermal sensors, 12v pump (car), 12v sensor, bulb probe, direct radiator, antifreeze, expansion tank.

you're not far from my house, no problem if you go through to visit my little installation.

jean
0 x

Back to "Renewable energy: solar electricity"