Falling stock markets, start of global decline?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 26/01/08, 11:07

Andre wrote:Hello
Hopefully, but do not dream. each time there have been kracks, it is gone and the rich are always richer, even the elders of the eastern blocks or the Chinese have in their ranks more and more billionaires.

The stock market
It is a sea with many medium poisons which eat the small ones and are made eat by some very large fish.
There is only one way to get very rich is to legally steal the savings of the average people, who are the most numerous, the very poor hide their poverty, governments maintain them on the limit, they are voters useful maneuverable at the opportune moment ..

Or it hurts, it is the worker who has saved all his life, in order to have enough income when he is retired
(retirement in America is very disparate and very low compare to what you have in France)
the few $ placed melt, in the end after if the boy has not placed capital, he finds himself simply after 15 years below what he had put for those old days
When it doesn't just happen to him like I have been robbed
NORBURG who disappears had all the small investments of honest people ..
In reality we should all withdraw our assets from banks and place money to put it in a fireproof metal box and use it as needed. Tear up credit cards, only make money transactions.
I knew a scrap dealer, his money (placed) aluminum ingots flowed.

In all this discussion there are those that their whole salary is not enough to survive, eat, find accommodation, so for them the stock market is far in their vision, one day they will reach the age or they will no longer be employed , hoping that they live in a country with fair social measures (America is very far from being social)

Andre

For the moment we are still lucky to have pay-as-you-go pensions, but this is changing, but we have not entered the USA system.

We also have savings products with guaranteed rates based on bonds (life insurance which have benefited from tax deductions for years).

With us, when we take risks it is because we want to: stocks on the stock market or bank products backed by stocks. It is up to us to be careful not to be ripped off by a Société Générale financial advisor (for example).

For the moment, barring a major scandal like your NORBOURG (not yet arrived with us), if we think before buying a savings product, we are quiet.

On the other hand if one launches in the Stock exchange with lost body (very easy with Internet, one can even bet up to 5 times the sum which one holds ..... then I do not tell you in case of loss .. ..), here we know what we are exposed to, so no right to complain if we lose.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Remundo

by Remundo » 26/01/08, 12:03

Hi Chrisophe,

I agree with the principle of wood pellet heating. This automates the installation. The carbon footprint is almost zero (perhaps the collection / crushing / transport is not neutral ...).

We could also value ALL the tree, down to the smallest leaf or needle dried with adequate grinding.

In a country like ours, the resource is really present.

@+
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 26/01/08, 12:05

This is the Auvergne sense of my friend Jean63 in action :P

jean63 wrote:For the moment we are still lucky to have pay-as-you-go pensions, but this is changing, but we have not entered the USA system.

We also have savings products with guaranteed rates based on bonds (life insurance which have benefited from tax deductions for years).

With us, when we take risks it is because we want to: stocks on the stock market or bank products backed by stocks. It is up to us to be careful not to be ripped off by a Société Générale financial advisor (for example).
[]
On the other hand if one launches in the Stock exchange with lost body (very easy with Internet, one can even bet up to 5 times the sum which one holds ..... then I do not tell you in case of loss .. ..), here we know what we are exposed to, so no right to complain if we lose.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/01/08, 14:33

jean63 wrote:It is up to us to be careful not to be ripped off by a Société Générale financial advisor (for example).

Impossible because to be really vigilant you have to be a trader ...The problem is that everyone wants to value their money with the minimum of risk and that is NOT possible ...Because the reality of things is that the company is a risk in itself !!!

jean63 wrote: there we know what we are exposed to, so no right to complain if we lose.

Not allowed? In theory yes! In practice my neck **** !!!
We see all the time of the particular stock market association complaining against one or the other "bankruptcy" or fall of action (vivendi, eurotunnel ...)

In a hyper assured world it cannot be otherwise ...only "we" forgot to be honest (with either even to start)...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 26/01/08, 18:17

Remundo wrote:This is the Auvergne sense of my friend Jean63 in action :P

jean63 wrote:For the moment we are still lucky to have pay-as-you-go pensions, but this is changing, but we have not entered the USA system.

[]

Exactly! we are not Americans we in Auvergne ..... well not all : Lol:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 26/01/08, 18:25

Christophe wrote:
jean63 wrote:It is up to us to be careful not to be ripped off by a Société Générale financial advisor (for example).

Impossible because to be really vigilant you have to be a trader ...The problem is that everyone wants to value their money with the minimum of risk and that is NOT possible ...!!

jean63 wrote: there we know what we are exposed to, so no right to complain if we lose.

Not allowed? In theory yes! In practice my neck **** !!!
We see all the time of the particular stock market association complaining against one or the other "bankruptcy" or fall of action (vivendi, eurotunnel ...)

In a hyper assured world it cannot be otherwise ... [b] only "we" forgot to be honest (with either even to begin with)

No, unless the system breaks completely, you can choose an investment guaranteed at around 4%, it's called old formula life insurance because now they have come out that bring a lot (they say !!), they call it "dynamic", indexed on the stock market of course !!.

My contract, I have not modified it despite repeated reminders for a few years.

Ask Remundo, he's like me on the subject.

In the stock market, I won and I also lost but it was always limited to small sums ......... this game is very dangerous. Those who play it of course only talk about their winnings, NEVER about their LOSSES : Lol:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 26/01/08, 18:30

Remundo wrote:Hi Chrisophe,

I agree with the principle of wood pellet heating. This automates the installation. The carbon footprint is almost zero (perhaps the collection / crushing / transport is not neutral ...).

We could also value ALL the tree, down to the smallest leaf or needle dried with adequate grinding.

In a country like ours, the resource is really present.

@+

I think you are wrong, it seems to me that at first Christ was anti-pellets .... am I wrong? and that then he modified his reasoning following the demonstrations of ???? (a satisfied user -> see the post on the subject).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/01/08, 18:43

Pfff I am not ANTI pellet but I am wary of the supply, which is not exactly the same thing ...

I have always had the same reasoning: that of denouncing the speculation that is being done (and risks being done) on this energy to the detriment of users ...There is also some for fuel but with fuel everyone is in the same galley that is to say that the prices are regulated...whereas a local pellet producer may very well decide today to double his prices tomorrow without anyone telling him anything ... and therefore to trap a whole "region" ...

Everything is explained on the subject "future of pellet prices"...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 26/01/08, 22:47

jean63 wrote:My contract, I have not modified it despite repeated reminders for a few years.

Ask Remundo, he's like me on the subject.

Yes, I have an old PEL of more than 10 years which must make me in the 4%. More than once I have been told that it is an obsolete product and that it is necessary to take recent "dynamic" products, backed by the stock exchange. Well ...

Each time, I tell them that I prefer the obsolete at 4% guaranteed free of charge than modernity without guarantee at 2% annual fee. There, in general, their faces tense : Lol:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 26/01/08, 22:51

Otherwise, Christophe is right to worry about the volatility of the price of pellets. The market is not regulated or sufficiently competitive to guarantee stable and reasonable prices. Unless you grind your wood yourself. Possible, but only for a few rare handymen lost in the countryside ...
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"