Excellium fuels, Ultimate Comparative tests and

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 03/01/08, 12:07

Yep,

But I don't even know how an injector is screwed up, ah well, here is one:

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... diesel.jpg

An injector, it can be cleaned, after the piezzo can be nase, but everything is apparently replaced

But good prevention is done in terms of fuel filtration, CHANGE YOUR FILTERS!
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 03/01/08, 14:21

Bougonnator wrote:The dealer advised me not to use Excellium, Ultimate and other sophisticated diesel.
I did not often put it because I mostly went to the supermarket. It works very well on the old indirect injection engines which are a bit scorched, but very high pressure direct injections seem very sensitive to the fuel ingested.

The dealer in question is ignorant: the fuels you cite are designed according to the manufacturers' specifications precisely for advanced diesel, not for old filthy engines ...
On the other hand if you put mostly supermarket fuel ...
The extremely effective thing to seize injectors and pumps on high pressure injections is water in diesel : Cheesy:
Note that an injector cannot be repaired ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/01/08, 15:07

Bougonnator wrote:My car is 1 year old and 16Mkm away, two out of four injectors have failed.

No luck, but reassure us it's under warranty, right ???

For your problem, I had heard that diesel fuel from eastern Europe could cause problems on high pressure but I don't think that in a single full you gun your injectors.

In your case, like chatam, if it is linked to the fuel, I tend to prefer a problem with water or particles and / or filtration failure. It should be seen on disassembly ... but are you sure it's just related to fuel?

What is your car ? Is it a new engine (in the design sense not in the new sense)? It would not be a Renault by chance? : Mrgreen:

Chatham wrote:Note that an injector cannot be repaired ...

Economically you mean?

By the way do you know if there are water / fuel separators on modern engines?

To come back to the subject, I have a counter argument that could explain certain better performances with supermarket gasoline: their consumption (of pumps) is much higher, so the tanks are simply much more often filled with petrol. On average, supermarket gasoline is therefore much fresher than that of small branded stations.

For diesel it should be much less sensitive on the other hand.

ps: for your information, did you know that in Belgium, there was no fuel in the supermarket? On the other hand, this explains that, there are many more independent stations.
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 03/01/08, 16:28

Christophe wrote:
Chatham wrote:Note that an injector cannot be repaired ...

Economically you mean?

By the way do you know if there are water / fuel separators on modern engines?

To come back to the subject, I have a counter argument that could explain certain better performances with supermarket gasoline: their consumption (of pumps) is much higher, so the tanks are simply much more often filled with petrol. On average, supermarket gasoline is therefore much fresher than that of small branded stations.

The electrically controlled injectors are not removable (the old mechanical ones if)
The fuel filter is not effective enough to separate water from fuel when it exceeds the trace state ...
It has never been reported to me that anyone who has consumed less with supermarket fuel ... no more, especially on the highway it is possible with certain supermarket gasolines which have good quality gasoline. For diesel, the difference in consumption is less, it is above all the level of pollution that there is a difference ...
Note that branded stations have quality-controlled fuel and are necessarily equipped with water separators (in accordance with the supply contracts they have signed).
Small stations with little traffic don't exist anymore: they all went bankrupt a long time ago, killed by supermarkets ... To be convinced, you just have to wander off the main roads and count the stations that remain. ..sometimes even the big villages no longer have a station ... (just that of the local convenience store) : Lol:
This summer I did almost 150km, a Sunday west of Orleans, before finally finding a pump (card): I had 2 liters left in the tank ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/01/08, 16:39

Chatham wrote:It has never been reported to me that anyone who has consumed less on supermarket fuel ...

Well me if ... I have always taken from the supermarket (I only have a VFR of 94 with carbs) and I have always overconsumed by taking, by chance, the brand (from 4.5 to 5L I test the 6 with the brands ...) same conditions obviously ... but hey it's a Japanese engine too :D

When I spoke of small stations it was not the independent ones but the small Total style stations on the edge of national or departmental for example ... the one which only have 4 or 6 pumps ... often 2 or 3 doubles in fact.

ps: ok for the injector (pump?) and decanter filter. I thought there would be one on the hdi given the "low" water tolerance of the high pressure injectors precisely ...
0 x
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by nofy » 03/01/08, 21:44

Good evening everyone,

Of course we can shoot these new injectors, with a simple refill.
In addition, during a removal, if you do not work in a super clean room, it is the insured cat ... and do not forget that they should not be reassembled anyhow: each injector its dedicated cylinder and that it is the computer which manages the opening times.
For fuel, it goes without saying that Premium, Exellium or others are advisable for this type of injector.

Christophe, the D4D engine, it is not Renault and the injectors of Renault, it is not Renault either : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: !

By the way for our Belgian friends, the LPG, or rather at home the LPG is how much right now?

Nofy (dream)
0 x
j-mimi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by j-mimi » 29/04/10, 10:33

Personally, I wanted to put myself in the excellcium of Total, but they sell it 10% more expensive, for 4% of fuel savings ... it is not profitable ... In addition it is Total who was giving this information ...

On the other hand there are French eco-additives which work very well and which cost less.
0 x
WHO CAN THE BEST, MAY BEST!
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 29/04/10, 11:36

Frankly what to think of all this ....

Currently I am testing my new car. 1.9JTD engine (diesel direct injection common dual-jet rail) fiat 105hp which totals 254km ....

I already made him swallow 4 full of diesel mixture of supermerdier / recycled frying oil / SP95 (about 2700km done in this way) the injectors did not slam and the car works normally ... Except above 50% HV I have to wait longer before starting because the tank booster pump has trouble establishing the pressure at the inlet of the HP pump ...
0 x
j-mimi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by j-mimi » 29/04/10, 14:35

What a mix !!! I find that 2 km is not much and I am afraid for your vehicle in 700 km ... Finally everyone takes the risks they want, but by taking a simple additive in your fuel you take the insurance of product that goes with it.

Personally I tried petroleum additives being fond of this kind of product and it never did anything (even the opposite effect).
I tested 2 eco-additives at the same time (engine oil and fuel) on my company vehicle. My vehicle had approximately 120 km when I treated it and it was from 000L to 9. I am now about 100 km with a consumption of 200L (000% reduction). Personally I find it huge!

To return to the total fuel which is the subject of this forum, I do not spit on their fuel distribution system, nor even on the fuel itself which is similar to the others.
I spit on their new process:
- additive fuel which costs more than it brings
- OIL BASED biodegradable oil: frankly we are taken for cons ...
and the list is just getting heavier!
0 x
WHO CAN THE BEST, MAY BEST!