Small fable on taxes in France

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/11/13, 21:37

0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/11/13, 00:55

the best is the end
For those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
For those who did not understand, no explanation is possible.

I agree on the perverse effect of too progressive taxation

but it gets worse: the income tax is a derisory part of the state budget

the majority of the budget is VAT! without any progressivity: almost everyone pays the VAT ... who can escape the VAT? those who spend their money directly abroad: tourism for example ... who travels the most? the richest ... therefore the richest more often escape the strongest tax that is the VAT

other overwhelming taxation: social charges, which effectively crush wages ... who can escape them? those who directly receive dividends

we therefore have taxes that tax less certain that we could designate as privileged

2 nd perverse effect: instead of taxing everyone clearly in an inescapable way, we create a national sport of tax optimization that demoralizes everyone ... by giving everyone the impression that they are being rolled over by the state if it does not find a ruse to escape the taxes

ultimate perverse effect: difficulty of any business creation: everyone with their little tip for paying less has no desire to share them

who had promised a simplification shock?

I rather see multiple complications

example CICE tax credit competitiveness employment: to improve competitiveness, a drop in charge would have been too simple: to make it more complicated it was done in the form of tax credit, paid late, but giving right to a free credit at the bank so that companies can have money faster ... such a gas plant that small businesses do not have the means to do the necessary paperwork: therefore load reduction only for large businesses!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/13, 09:08

Coincidence? Last night on France3 a documentary almost investigating tax in France.
All taxes included the most taxed are the middle classes at 50% and the least taxed the wealthiest at 32%. The average taxation of the most disadvantaged is around 40% ... according to an economic teacher interviewed ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/11/13, 14:11

and yes "those who pay taxes should be happy, it is a sign that they are happy!"

Christophe wrote:Well as soon as we remind certain truths to people I like it ...

Wouldn't you be the same kind with the striking civil servants?
: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

uh what is the report?
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 05/11/13, 23:13

Well, since we are talking about money: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classement ... es_en_2012

It took me a while to find my way in the figures in the table, notably Total's turnover in 2012 : Shock:
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/11/13, 00:30

the classification by turnover does not mean much: it puts in mind the simple seller like crossroads and auchan who make a big turnover for little added value

if we add all the turnover of subcontractors who participate in the construction of automobiles we find a total turnover greater than the turnover of a company that would do everything from A to Z

but there is no added value column

more logically when we add the added value of several companies, the added value would be exactly the same if everything was done in the same company

it's always the same in economics: it's always the least significant figures that are put forward so that we don't understand anything
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 06/11/13, 13:41

chatelot16 wrote:the classification by turnover does not mean much: it puts in mind the simple seller like crossroads and auchan who make a big turnover for little added value
it's always the same in economics: it's always the least significant figures that are put forward so that we don't understand anything

Admittedly the turnover of a company is a relative data that must be analyzed in detail, but I wanted to make the link with the information on "tax optimization" allowing most of these French companies to hardly pay any tax in France. Moreover the table gives the% of the turnover achieved in France which is a beginning of information on the French taxation of these companies

Example: 23% for TOTAL on an annual turnover of ... € 200 !!! (that makes it 061) and I'm ready to bet that the 000% of French turnover even gives a deficit : Mrgreen: the receipts it is for the foreigner, the expenditure it is for France!

To stay on this subject, have you seen the report on TV on Mrs. Bettencourt? ...
A rough estimate of the income (a large part of which is largely unknown) of this charming lady announces some € 200 per year only in dividends on Loréal shares (Because it is worth it ...).

The effectiveness of his "wealth optimizer", sorry ... of his "wealth manager", allows him to "escape" in part from French tax, sorry ... "to optimize" in part his French tax.

It makes you think of such sums. In particular on the fact that if the money was distributed with more balance, or simply reinjected in the economy of the country rather than in the purchase of an island at the other end of the planet (island, moreover that poor Liliane didn't even know she had ...) maybe the crisis would be less hard for some citizens.

In short, as I often say to my fellow economists at the Café de la Gare counter: "The economy is ultimately as simple as plumbing: if on the one hand there are oversized pipes which siphon off a large part of the flow. , inevitably the other is not a drop! CQFD "... : Mrgreen:
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 06/11/13, 13:44

Until 1985 the corporate tax under Giscard was also 50% now it is around 35%. There would be a problem and in addition Total does not make a profit in France so little tax. I pay around 500 euros in income tax and 3000 euros in property tax, which are not indexed to income but to the property owned by me. I would like to point out that my statements are made without fraud. A smicard farmer with 200 ha will not pay income tax but will be massacred on land.

Everything is fine.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 06/11/13, 13:47

raymon wrote:A smicard farmer with 200 ha will not pay income tax but will be massacred on land.

Like what, the tax of Liliane is well optimized: it's better to buy an exotic desert island rather than a French farm!
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 06/11/13, 13:54

Come on, let's not be too jealous ... that's a little dream: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... -21186.JPG

(sorry, Liliane, if you read me ... kisses)
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"