New Echo Motor 2 project, Mines de Douai

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/11/07, 22:41

Hi Julien (Bob_Isat),

Nice to see you again on forums :)

When you speak of the "serious blow" it is in relation to S&V or something else? :?:

For the PH I had already told them about it by email and I believe I have put a copy right?
0 x
Brolensky
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Brolensky » 06/11/07, 22:41

Like many of you, I look forward to hearing the results of the student group's investigations, as well as seeing them published in S&V.
In order to save time (and therefore increase the number of tests carried out in the allotted time), it would seem interesting to have an engine of the same type as that of a vehicle (available) with a proven assembly .
After having characterized this engine in its original configuration, in order to take account of its state of wear, it should be much less tedious to transfer the assemblies to be studied there than to “fall” complete engines.

But whatever the performance of the various assemblies tested, it would seem interesting, and this in order to validate whether we are in the presence of a simple injection of water or a dissociation of the molecule, to study the performances under various pH.

Good luck
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/11/07, 22:45

Brolensky wrote:or a dissociation of the molecule, to study the performance under various pH.

Be careful with the terms ... for a lot of people dissociation = cracking = H2 ...

Here we talk about ionization to produce hydroxyl or hydronium ions which requires much less energy than cracking ...
0 x
echo-moteur²
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by echo-moteur² » 06/11/07, 22:46

Thank you for these first few tips. We will try to take it into account in due course and will obviously try not to disappoint you.

It actually seems a bit premature to talk about dimensions, but we take note of them. Our current priority is to find a diesel engine in good condition, atmospheric and not too recent (no electronics). We will keep you informed.

By the way, could you tell us in which corner you live André STP?

See you soon.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/11/07, 22:48

echo-moteur² wrote:By the way, could you tell us in which corner you live André STP?

Ouch ... he lives in the corner of ... Montreal ...
0 x
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: New Echo-Motor 2 project, Douai Mines

by lio74 » 06/11/07, 23:00

echo-moteur² wrote:Hello

We are students at the Ecole des Mines de Douai, and we are the team that took over last year's Echo-Motor project.
Following the advice given to us, we decided to test the assembly on a Diesel engine.

AAAA :D :!:

glad to learn it ... next step, there must be a non-refractory teacher there!

Go to work ! : Wink:
All my encouragement!

@+
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan
next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!
MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher

by bob_isat » 07/11/07, 09:17

Christophe wrote:Hi Julien (Bob_Isat),

Nice to see you again on forums :)

When you speak of the "serious blow" it is in relation to S&V or something else? :?:

For the PH I had already told them about it by email and I believe I have put a copy right?

Hi christophe. For the 'coup' I spoke well of S and V.
Having said that now that I passed for a messy old retrograde with so many people, I have nothing more to lose : Mrgreen:

For the pH effect it seems worth it since in the advertisement I sent you, a pH change of one point multiplies by 10 the charge of water vapor.

If the "doping ions" hypothesis is correct, they should see something on the bench by playing on the pH of the water in their bubbler

Julien
0 x
camel1

by camel1 » 07/11/07, 23:53

Hello team!

echo-moteur² wrote:Our current priority is to find a diesel engine in good condition, atmospheric and not too recent (no electronics). We will keep you informed.

For the engine, it is a VERY common one, available at low cost in any good car breakage, manufactured by tens of millions of copies, it is the XUD7, and its big brother the XUD9 from PSA.

It equips, among others, the 205, 305 II, 405, C15, BX.

The proto of my 205, replicated by Alexandre Grégoire on behalf of the Vitry sur Orne town hall, which you can take inspiration from without forcing (see the file here) gives very good results (pollution and consumption).

There are enough details for you to do it all quickly.

No need to dismantle one of our cars for your tests, an XUD is around 150 € by looking a little (see free if you do well!)

By having an engine test bench at your disposal, you will have practically no investment to make, your study should not be very expensive!

Good luck for the rest, and before asking your questions, do not hesitate to use the search engine in the forum (Google is your friend! : Cheesy: )
Many answers are already there! :D

A+

Michel
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 08/11/07, 00:55

echo-moteur² wrote:Thanks for the nickname modification, obviously it works well.
Regarding the idea, it was about testing 2 or even 3 cars.
Our goal is to test the assembly that we will have carried out, and possibly the assemblies that some would lend us.

But we should not be "ignited" either, because the technical part, and the realization of the assembly, represent only a part in reality of our project. The writing of files, just like the search for sponsors, constitute elements which will be "red threads" of this project, and which do not allow us to bring together the 7 people in the technique. It is for this reason, moreover, that we wanted to define each person's roles as quickly as possible.

Regarding the engine chosen, we were thinking rather of simple diesel engines, that is to say slightly older engines, and not overly sophisticated engines, and especially embedding too many electronics, like HDI and TDI which had been mentioned.

The Echo-Motor² team

I am a lover of the Nissan bluebird 2000litres diesel, these are real calves, which smoke at start-up, but puncture-proof, and moreover without electronics.
I ride with one of these beasts, and I have a spare in case of death : Cry: of the first; which has only 270000 km.
If you still make it alive after your work, I agree to lend it to you. It is 150.000 km away, and is a little ... erased, because it is an 87-year-old lady who drove with it. . (she also has 4 new injectors)
The problem is that Cree cry, would like the test to be done on a modern engine .... then, I do not know me ...
I live 50km from the French border (near MONS) in Belgium
Here, the proposal is made, and I can even pay certain costs for the oil transformation.
0 x
echo-moteur²
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by echo-moteur² » 08/11/07, 13:40

Hello,
We were just going to put a post on the forum to ask you which engine model (diesel) you would advise us to work on.

We thought we were sponsored by a breakage or a garage. This might not leave us the choice as to the model.
The other possibility would be to buy an engine.

For "lejustemilieu", your proposal for the Nissan seems interesting to us. We would like to know if it is already equipped with a G system or if it is original.

For Christophe, do you have a phone number or an e-mail address to contact the town hall of Vitry sur Orne.

Thank you for your interest in our project.

See you soon.

The Echo-Engine team.
Last edited by echo-moteur² the 29 / 11 / 07, 20: 58, 1 edited once.
0 x