I ride positive by Citroën

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/07, 11:57

indy49 wrote:Here, it's decided, I'm going to write to Citroën.

Without dec? Will you keep us up to date? 8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/07, 12:47

Here I found an "old" doc which evokes point 3) very disputed:

https://www.econologie.com/guide-eco-dri ... -3505.html

See page 4!

I also found the famous more or less controversial discussion on the engine brake or not: https://www.econologie.com/forums/conseils-r ... t2320.html
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 12/10/07, 14:40

Christophe wrote:
indy49 wrote:Here, it's decided, I'm going to write to Citroën.

Without dec? Will you keep us up to date? 8)

Yes, I will try to find time (I have to polish the thing ...)

Christophe wrote:Here I found an "old" doc which evokes point 3) very disputed:

Not sure I understood correctly.
Basically they say that in 5th you depress the pedal more than in 3rd, is that it, and that it consumes less?

Already it depends a lot on the engine (torque / power distribution depending on rpm).
In addition, in my opinion, this is only true with computers that prevent excess fuel from reaching the engine.
On a carburetor engine, you will give full gasoline which will generate lots of unburned ... Indeed, it does not increase the CO2 emission, but hey ...

Worse, it really wears out the engine: the pressure is stronger on the piston => it breaks more quickly ...
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 12/10/07, 14:48

Advice is good, but coming from Citroën which (normally) sells a C3 "STOP and START" it's curious =>
http://www.citroen.com/CWW/fr-FR/RANGE/ ... SETGNV.htm

They would do better to generalize this model which automatically cuts the engine when you stop (red light for example) and restarts automatically when you accelerate. This avoids at least in town to send exhaust gas to the stop in town and this multiplied by many vehicles, it could be good in traffic jams.

By the way a small ad for the C3 GNV:
Natural gas is a fuel for the future, Citroën is convinced of this and believes in the development potential of vehicles running on natural gas. In fact, natural gas reduces CO20 emissions by around 2% compared to petrol and emits neither sulfur oxides nor lead
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/07, 15:16

About the C3, we can start testing, see:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/citroen-c3 ... t2240.html

(last message)
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 12/10/07, 17:09

Christophe wrote:
I also found the famous more or less controversial discussion on the engine brake or not: https://www.econologie.com/forums/conseils-r ... t2320.html

It's good ! but it should all the same be noted that Lumberjack who it seems to me was the engine of this "nuanced controversy" has since been joined the camp of users of inertia. :D
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/07, 17:27

Yes well seen :)

But his remark is valid with an "old" diesel ... the controversy was, at least in part, on hdi et cie ...
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 12/10/07, 17:28

In Switzerland we cut the engine at red lights ...? Sometimes (level crossings) but it's really not systematic.
On the other hand, what they say on the prospectus is already in the Citroen manual, and for other brands too I believe, or failing that in the highway code.
As for shifting, by running in oil, you can even switch to 1500rpm, no problem :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/07, 17:33

abyssin3 wrote:In Switzerland we cut the engine at red lights ...?

Well to Basel yes ... well at the time when I went with my parents to ski ... now that would have changed?
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: I drive positive by Citroën

by Leo Maximus » 12/10/07, 19:27

Christophe wrote:Extract from a Citroën folder (.be) received in the letter box (the real one) this morning, literal transcription:

Citroën flyer wrote:As a driver, you have a significant influence on the CO² emissions of your car. To help you adopt a driving style that is both ecological and economical, Febiac has put together a list of 10 simple tips.

1) Avoid high regimes: remember to change gears in time

2) Monitor your tachometer: you can easily change speed from 2500 rpm with a petrol or lpg engine and even 2000 rpm with a diesel

3) Give gas: You can accelerate by depressing the pedal almost to the floor. You do not save fuel by accelerating gradually!

4) Anticipate: Maintain a sufficient distance from the vehicle in front, so that you do not have to brake and accelerate constantly.

5) Release the pedal: when you have to slow down or stop, you can also release the accelerator pedal in time (engine brake) and let the car go without disengaging

6) Silence your engine: cut it for short stops (level crossing, boarding of crossings ...)

7) Use the help functions: trust your lap account to change gears in time. Cruise control promotes smooth driving. Plan your route in advance, especially in the case of multiple trips, to avoid unnecessary miles.

8) Pamper your mount: only a well-maintained car guarantees safe and economical driving

9) Put the pressure: regularly check the pressure of your tires

10) Lose weight (WITHOUT S ... ???): remove the roof box, the bicycle rack and the luggage rack as soon as you no longer need them.

Some advice is very questionable: 3), 5) and 6) ...

Funny below these tips, the slogan ...

Citroën flyer wrote:CITROËN prefers TOTAL

I am also of the opinion that tip 3 is not only questionable but should not be followed. I once had a Mercedes petrol engine with a 2,3 l engine. On the dashboard I had an "Economy" dial, the more I accelerated, the more the needle went into the red zone and the more I consumed. Gradual acceleration, while avoiding raising the needle in the red zone, saved me 1 to 2 l / 100 km. Too bad for Total.
Last edited by Leo Maximus the 12 / 10 / 07, 21: 35, 1 edited once.
0 x