C-Cactus: economic Hdi hybrid Citroen

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 20/11/08, 10:45

C moa wrote:... maybe we should do a test between the prius and the smart ... : roll:

Comparative tests between Smart and Prius there are plenty, that's not a problem, for example there is that of http://www.howfarfor100.com/ :

For $ 100 of fuel, the Prius, like the Civic IMA, is far ahead of the Smart. 8)
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 24/11/08, 18:39

Remundo wrote:[...] You are a fan of the electric hybrid, well we agree. I never implied that you were against elsewhere : Cheesy:
Fan? : Shock: What is the definition of "fan"?
I believe in this hybrid technology, yes.

Remundo wrote:[...] And the returns are not added as you say and like I never wrote, but they multiply ...
What would be fun, now, is that you find me where I said that ... 8)
Remundo wrote:[...] with 6 power crossings from one toothed wheel to another, the efficiency is no more than 0.92 ^ 6 = 56%

A pure electric transmission easily makes more than 90%, almost 2 times more ...
I calculated with 0.9, I fall back on the same order of magnitude (read my post again, please!), And it is obviously with this one that I do not agree!

First a question: if nearly 50% of the power is "lost" (in heat ...) between the crankshaft and the wheel shafts (we agree?), How is it that this gearbox is not equipped with an oil cooler of substantial dimensions on all cars, while the calories to be dissipated must be roughly of the same order of magnitude as those produced by the engine (1/3 of the energy losses on the initial fuel energy)?
I look forward to the explanation ... 8)

Then a remark: the UTAC (where we must find NO mechanical engineer) uses, for its calculations of homologation of motorcycles in France (law of 100 ch ...) a yield of 96% for the whole box!
So of course, you are going to tell me that a motorcycle and automobile gearbox is not quite the same thing ... But still!

Finally, I do not know where you find 6 levels of gears in an automobile transmission, I would tend to see 3 ... (but I am not a mechanical engineer ... : Mrgreen: )

Remundo wrote:[...]
Concerning point 4, I suppose that you should not have followed the last evolutions of the turbocharged engines with direct injection whose torque curves are flat (clipped by the regulation) between 1600-1800 rpm and 5000 rpm. ..

Do you think I don't know about this?
If you are current, in this case, why write that a heat engine must go up in speed to deliver its maximum torque? It tends to no longer be the rule at all, but the exception now ...

Remundo wrote:[...] The hybrid poses neither major technical difficulty nor sales difficulty (quite the contrary ...); except perhaps in Zimbabwe or Greenland. In all the OECD countries, they would make a commercial box like a long time one did not see it and would give many jobs.

On this point, don't bother cutting your hair in 4 :D
Ah, in addition to being a multiprof - inventor - mechanical engineer, you are also a strategist - an economic advisor to a car manufacturer to be as sure of yourself (and never question yourself)?

Bravo, what an impressive CV! : Wink:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 24/11/08, 18:46

Leo Maximus wrote:[...] Toyota sold 450000 hybrids in 2007 progressing 37% on 2006. There is a Dutch site, run by a Prius fan, which is regularly updated: http://www.john2211.nl/Hybride_verkoop.htm[...]
Ah well, that's interesting!
There, it really begins to take off with 280 Prius sold in 000 ... I stayed in the 2007 or so of the beginnings of the PriusII

Well, it's not yet huge compared to their overall production, but it's more significant!
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 24/11/08, 20:59

Leo Maximus wrote:
C moa wrote:... maybe we should do a test between the prius and the smart ... : roll:

Comparative tests between Smart and Prius there are plenty, that's not a problem, for example there is that of http://www.howfarfor100.com/ :

For $ 100 of fuel, the Prius, like the Civic IMA, is far ahead of the Smart. 8)
It's still surprising when you know that the average consumption of a prius is around 5l / 100 and that of a smart it's 3,3 l / 100km .....

But hey it is that if for the test they took the Brabus 98cv version : roll:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 24/11/08, 21:56

C moa wrote:[...] It is all the same surprising when we know that the average consumption of a prius is around 5l / 100 and that of a smart it's 3,3 l / 100km .....

4.7 l / 100 in the combined cycle for the Smart, 4.6 for the Civic and 4.3 for the Prius on the European cycles. A priori the order is respected ...

Do not confuse with Smart CDI or Mhd ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 24/11/08, 22:03

Remundo wrote:[...] : Cheesy: With that, will break into the market, it is formidable ambition : Cheesy:

How sad... :| It's Toyota who has toast ... Soon the 3rd generation of Prius (which is a light hybrid, but still hybrid) and more than 20 years of marketing and industrial experience ... : Idea:

Funny, Toyota is releasing "Stop & Start" models: http://www.autojournal.fr/actualite-aut ... 23947.html

To please PSA, surely ... : Lol:
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 24/11/08, 22:17

Woodcutter wrote:
C moa wrote:[...] It is all the same surprising when we know that the average consumption of a prius is around 5l / 100 and that of a smart it's 3,3 l / 100km .....

4.7 l / 100 in the combined cycle for the Smart, 4.6 for the Civic and 4.3 for the Prius on the European cycles. A priori the order is respected ...

Do not confuse with Smart CDI or Mhd ...
Certainly but what is funny is that less than 9% difference in consumption gives 37% more autonomy for the prius and it is worse with the honda since 3% difference allows an autonomy of 25% Moreover....

But hey, the fact remains that we are generally in agreement on the substance, our cars must consume less and the sooner the better !!!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 24/11/08, 23:03

C moa wrote:[...] Of course but what is funny is that less than 9% of consumption difference gives 37% more autonomy for the prius and it is worse with the honda since 3% of difference allows an autonomy of 25% more .... [...]
Beware of one thing: we are talking about autonomy with $ 100 of fuel, not strictly consumption ...
The Smart is powered at "Premium", the others at "Regular". (do not know the price differences ...)
Otherwise, you have to compare the standardized Rican consumption, that is to say the "mpg".
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 24/11/08, 23:18

To get a good idea of ​​"real" consumption (but sometimes some people are looking for records ..), a visit to the site www.spritmonitor.de is interesting.

For Prius, the average consumption is 5.22 l / 100 (573 data) whereas for Smart Fortwo petrol, we get 5.83 l / 100(1059 data).
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."