Summary: Driving without oil, vehicles of tomorrow

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 13/02/12, 14:06

I had read a comparative study which gave the electric car recharged by wind turbine as the most environmentally friendly means of motorized travel.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/02/12, 14:23

antoinet111 wrote:most of the energy for a train is taken up by braking and then by acceleration, almost nothing for running.

true for a metro on rail which accelerates and brakes often and does not travel long at constant speed

false for a TGV which does little stopping and starting and which runs for a long time at constant speed ... and which in addition runs too fast at a speed or the loss of aerodynamic energy and too strong and makes lose the profit of economy of the train

also false for the metro on tire ... nothing but noise we hear that it rubs miserably everywhere ...

at a certain time only the DC power supply allowed energy recovery under braking: only the Alps network was in direct current to exploit the energy downhill ... the rest of France was alternative, because we considered unnecessary brake recovery

now modern electronics allow alternative energy recovery also on all networks, but it will surprise me that braking recovery recovers a lot on a TGV compared to what is consumed at high speed
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/02/12, 14:32

antoinet111 wrote:I had read a comparative study which gave the electric car recharged by wind turbine as the most environmentally friendly means of motorized travel.

I rather think that the advantage would go to the train, with a high occupancy rate, because it is one of the most determining factors.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/02/12, 15:01

sen-no-sen wrote:I rather think that the advantage would go to the train, with a high occupancy rate, because it is one of the most determining factors.

provided that the train wants to go where we want to go

around my house I saw a line completely dismantled ... and stations closed on a line that still remains

the TGV which goes too fast managed to be more ecological than the plane, but not better than a small car which runs at reasonable speed

I have never managed to have a real consumption figure for a TGV ... I think that this lack of communication hides a bad figure

not to mention consumption the price is too expensive too! it is therefore important to put back into service slower trains cheaper and stopping at more station ... otherwise not worth talking about ecological quality of the train
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 13/02/12, 15:10

sen-no-sen wrote:
antoinet111 wrote:I had read a comparative study which gave the electric car recharged by wind turbine as the most environmentally friendly means of motorized travel.

I rather think that the advantage would go to the train, with a high occupancy rate, because it is one of the most determining factors.

I misspoke, it is a comparison concerning the ranges of car. hybrid, lpg and company.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.

Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/02/12, 15:59

antoinet111 wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:

I misspoke, it is a comparison concerning the ranges of car. hybrid, lpg and company.

So much for me, in this case, yes.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 03/01/13, 11:22

Hello,

I found a 2011 French government report on the car of tomorrow: Fuels & Electricity.

Link :
http://www.strategie.gouv.fr/system/files/cas_rapp37_voiture_de_demain_web_0.pdf

Very complete document on the types of batteries, the real autonomy, the problems remaining to be solved, ...

Attention, it seems to be the subject of a paid publication (see last page), the use of this document does not therefore seem free.

Happy reading (more than 100 pages!)
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."