Summary: Driving without oil, vehicles of tomorrow

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/08, 18:07

Good note c moa (hey not that ass, well I don't know how you ride !! Hihihih)

Well we could create a topic to talk about these considerations:

a) payload and comparison to the total mass to be moved
b) filling rate
c) specific power (power / mass)
d) specific useful consumption (mass)
e) average load (motor)
etc., etc...

Because c moa, the 200 hp car is NEVER used at full power: what people want is not really pure power but COUPLE ...

My engine teacher told us that an F1 was charged on average at 35%! (35% of 800 hp already makes a lot !!) Bucheron does not agree with this statement but I think he confused real load and average position of the accelerator which is not exactly the same thing!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/09/08, 22:34

coucou789456 wrote:Hello

why not have built diesel-electric vehicles like the power cars of the same type on the railways. [...]
This is what GM will do with the VOLT, except that it will also be rechargeable on the sector and that the engine may be petrol or diesel.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/09/08, 22:36

Christophe wrote:[...] My motor teacher told us that an F1 was loaded on average at 35%! (35% of 800 hp already makes a lot !!) Bucheron does not agree with this statement but I think he confused real load and average position of the accelerator which is not exactly the same thing!
Well maybe you should explain to me what you mean by that?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 20/09/08, 04:32

Good evening

it is a concept car, a prototype that runs but not for everyone yet. in addition to absolutely maintain such power at the wheels (160hp), the batteries must be very substantial.
why absolutely want to maintain such performance when half would have been more than enough, especially if you decide to use this vehicle only in town with recharging from the mains!
a daf33 with its 17s performance for 0 to 80 km / h, not great it is safe but in our time, performance or consumption, you have to choose, and my skoda felicia fuel oil of 50 hp, not top performance level, but in diesel electric, the perf. would join those of a superior vehicle.
jeff
0 x
stef5555
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by stef5555 » 13/02/12, 09:23

Christophe wrote:

2) I am not even talking about the despotic aspect of such a measure (delete) on the other hand I am obviously entirely for a overtaxation heavy of these vehicles ...style 45% VAT for anti-citizen product : Mrgreen: But considering the purchasing power of 4x4 owners (the last Land Rover is at ... € 100 !!) will that really change things?

: Cheesy: yes invest in research and reduce battery production costs

:| on the other hand I have a bizarre question of course but hey I ask it
will all the means of electricity production suffice for our daily needs and recharge the batteries of our cars, already last week we broke consumption records with risk of cuts and if in addition we have to recharge additional batteries .............
0 x
perpetual motion .........................
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 13/02/12, 09:51

it is not reasonable to compare a car with a train in consumption per 100km. Indeed, this consumption is measured on a launched train which only needs to maintain its speed. In addition, the wheels are metal on metal with minimal friction unlike the tires which seriously slow down the progress of the vehicle (it is only to compare the braking distances between each) and finally no successive accelerations and braking or so you have to make comparisons with the metro on tires.
Finally the electric automobile is only a partial solution for urban centers, but a country is not made up of concentration cities and for the moment the electric vehicle is a push for nuclear crime.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 13/02/12, 10:13

most of the energy for a train is taken up by braking and then by acceleration, almost nothing for running.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 13/02/12, 13:48

stef5555 wrote: :| on the other hand I have a bizarre question of course but hey I ask it
will all the means of electricity production suffice for our daily needs and recharge the batteries of our cars, already last week we broke consumption records with risk of cuts and if in addition we have to recharge additional batteries ...
The development of electric cars is progressive, as is the construction each year of 30.000 homes (which nobody talks about when they impact the grid more than electric cars, a house consuming 9 to 12kW in peak versus 2 to 3kW for a car). In the year, we can compare the electric consumption of a house (not heated with electricity) with the electric consumption of a car traveling 15.000km. The advantage of the car is that you can choose the hours you consume.
I consume, since I run electric (2 electric cars in our home), 10 times more kWh off-peak than kWh full hours.

Finally, the electric car is a formidable vector for the development of renewable energies which are intermittent by definition and which cars will be able to store and even return to the network during consumption peaks, to erase them (the Nissan Leaf is the first EV to integrate this functionality).
As a reminder, my 20m² of photovoltaic panels provide me with 3000kWh / year, the equivalent of 15.000km by car.
As my south facing roof is over 60m², I still have 40m² free ... : Idea:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 13/02/12, 13:53

antoinet111 wrote:most of the energy for a train is taken up by braking and then by acceleration, almost nothing for running.
This is also the case for a car traveling at less than 90 km / h.
On big accelerations or on hills, I can draw 200A on my batteries and settle for 20A to maintain 90kmh on the flat.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 13/02/12, 14:04

Janic wrote:In addition, the wheels are metal on metal with minimal friction unlike the tires which seriously slow down the progress of the vehicle (it is only necessary to compare the braking distances between each)
According to Michelin, "green" type "Energy" tires reduce the rolling forces of the tire to the level of the railway wheels.
:?
Janic wrote:Finally the electric automobile is only a partial solution for urban centers, but a country is not made up of concentration cities and for the moment the electric vehicle is a push for nuclear crime.
- YES, The automobile is NO LONGER a solution for urban travel, simply because of its size.
- It is already much slower than 2 wheels, public transport and sometimes even walking.
- NO, The electric car is not a push for nuclear crime. :?
As I said above, it is a link in the development of renewable energies such as photovoltaics and wind among others.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."