Carbonyl (creosote?)

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
caroual
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Carbonyl (creosote?)

by caroual » 22/03/07, 19:22

Bonjour,
Possessing for a long time an old wardrobe whose back funds are attacked by capricorns, I had at that time nothing better for radical solution than to brush them with CARBONYL. Realizing too late the extent of my action against the stench, I decided to apply 2 or 3 layers of black glycerophtallic paint, thinking to trap the smell. All these operations have been carried out for about twenty years, the acquisition of furniture for my bedroom and still found there at the moment.

Although the olfactory discomfort has almost disappeared to this day, could you tell me if I took risks for my health and if this situation continues.

The chemicals used in CARBONYL are as follows:

- xylenes

- phenols and cresols (5%)

-xylénols

- toluidines

- anilines

I thank you in advance .
0 x
Caroual
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 22/03/07, 20:58

Yes, you have taken it and you continue to take it.

Do a search on google who is our friend at all and you
will know what to do with it.

But overall it's not great at all.
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 23/03/07, 01:03

Especially for the room, it's not what we do more top in his life! :? (see the number of hours spent sleeping in a cloistered place at night ...)
This is not the worst either, because we can change the bullshit ... : Wink:

Although I say that, but if we check all the products around us, we can find many more ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/03/07, 23:40

Hurry up and get that wardrobe out of your room to sleep if it's not too late.

It is obvious that all these products are very harmful for health especially in a room.

In the houses, there is currently a large amount of harmful products diffused by the paintings, the furniture, the varnishes .. etc ... it induces surely many modern health problems (cancers, asthma, allergies, etc.) .
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/03/07, 00:15

jean63 wrote:Hurry up and get that wardrobe out of your room to sleep if it's not too late.

I can only agree in this sense ... :frown:
The issue 37 of "The Ecological House" currently on newsstands on page 41 mentions two of the chemical compounds as having "neurological effects".
This is a big public health problem that is not mentioned much!

Today, there is an Observatory of Internal Air Quality (OQAI) that deals with the issue.
The site air-interieur.org also deals with the subject. : Idea:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 24/03/07, 10:51

citro wrote:
jean63 wrote:Hurry up and get that wardrobe out of your room to sleep if it's not too late.

I can only agree in this sense ... :frown:
The issue 37 of "The Ecological House" currently on newsstands on page 41 mentions two of the chemical compounds as having "neurological effects".
This is a big public health problem that is not mentioned much!

Today, there is an Observatory of Internal Air Quality (OQAI) that deals with the issue.
The site air-interieur.org also deals with the subject. : Idea:

There are even some European deputies who have made the traces of dangerous chemicals harmful to health in their blood: they have found a package among them all (this includes breathing air in the cities, food .. etc.).

The best is to breathe the fresh air in the countryside far from any factory smoke or other pollution source (highway) .... although mercury and lead have been found in the milk of Inuit women and breastfeeding in the Far North (Alaska) has become dangerous because of the industrialized countries.

Our planet deserves better than what we make it suffer, but it will VENGE.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 24/03/07, 14:27

To return to carbonyl.
This one will have contained 2 5% creosote.
I suggest you re-read this post https://www.econologie.com/forums/la-creosote-t955.html
to get an idea of ​​the problem.
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 24/03/07, 14:38

caroual wrote:
... glycerophtallic paint black color, thinking to trap the smell.

Is not that, too, source of some polutions ?! Just to read his name, his composition must contain glycerol and phtallates?
0 x

Back to "Air Pollution and solutions against air pollution"