Environmental tax on WEEE: Welcome or not ?!

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Environmental tax on WEEE: Welcome or not ?!

by saveplanet » 15/11/06, 17:35

Today came into force the law on WEEE on the care of household appliances.
In short, from now on, when you buy one of these products, said white for household appliances or gray for all that is hi-fi etc. you will have to pay a visible contribution ranging from 2 to 15 € so that the seller can (it is not a possibility besides, he is obliged to do so!) to take charge of your device in order to recycle it .

Many find it inadmissible to make consumers pay again .... and you?
0 x
Together we can change the
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/06, 17:56

I think that in "consumer" there is "con" it is not for nothing ...
: Cheesy:

Always more, always less money ...

More seriously the guys who moan deserve nothing more than my disdain ... especially considering the ridiculous height of the tax ...

They would have only one reason to moan: if the tax was used for other purposes than recycling ... but that we will not know for a few months ... (years?)
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 15/11/06, 19:00

Hello to the disdainful!
Tax, surcharge, retax and retetax, with varying percentages, depending on mood ...

A household appliance or household will be "slightly taxed", in addition to now, obviously, for a good cause, recycling? Is that so ! I thought it was already the case ...
So now this is the tax on the surcharge tax? A bit like taxes in recent years, we pay taxes on taxes, money that we have never touched ...
With this tax, there is an obligation for sellers to take back old comparable equipment, only in the case of the purchase of a similar new device.
This is what any good trader did: take back the old machine when he delivered the new one…
I suppose that afterwards, he didn't throw it in the Seine, and that he had to pay to have them recycled, at the recycling center, a tax for professionals…
An individual leaves his used device for picking up bulky items, or takes it to the recycling center, where it is taken care of, in the right recycling channel.

Indeed recycling costs are already taken into account in local taxes.
Or already included in the sale price, for traders.

So the system worked without a new phony surcharge!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/06, 19:30

gegyx wrote:So the system worked without a new phony surcharge!

We must not really have the same notion of "functioning" ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 15/11/06, 19:45

Christophe wrote:
gegyx wrote:So the system worked without a new phony surcharge!

We must not really have the same notion of "functioning" ...

Well, there again you can develop and argue Christophe because I would tend to believe gegyx, especially since he has repeatedly proven that he can find good and precise information on different themes.
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 15/11/06, 20:01

I did not understand if the tax was a function of the difficulty of a product to recycle (something very hard to assess (type of plastics, quantity of electronics, etc.) or simply the category of object.

Because it seems a little complicated to not necessarily bring gd thing, although it seems that it works well in Belgium and it may avoid wild unloading.

In any case it will motivate a little more to repair or buy used, long live reuse
reuse: ecological and social (kyot-home)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/06, 20:51

What do you want me to argue? Do you find that the waste is well recycled in France? If it hurts you to give a low% in favor of recycling I don't really believe that you are econologists ...

Gegyx (does it hurt you so much to pay for the environment? Bravo to the ecolo!) Can always find arguments ... for me it's what's on the ground that counts, that is to say nothing (or almost) for the moment in France on the treatment side of WEEE!

Now to come back to Nono's remark, yes it is a function of the difficulty in recycling: the tax on a fridge is higher than that on a TV even if the 2 cost the same price.

By cons I wonder if it is proportional to the quality (therefore lifespan) of the product! A product, low-end and therefore less expensive, with a shorter lifespan should be taxed more heavily ... (well it is in% if the tax is fixed but it remains very low) ... precisely in order to dissuade the purchase of "disposable" materials ...

ps: should find the exact texts and conditions of this tax
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/06, 21:01

reps: provided that the money from this tax actually goes to this pkoi it was created ...
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 15/11/06, 23:03

I throw as little as possible and I repair as much as possible be that if the repair industry was as efficient as the manufacturing industry it will change the situation but for the moment it is not won ...

especially since most brands do nothing to make their devices easily serviceable
sometimes when I take down devices it is so twisted that I often wonder if the engineers are stupid or if they do it on purpose ...
why make it simple when you can make it complicated : Evil: !!!
weak parts in the place requested ect ...
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 16/11/06, 12:32

The tax depends on two things, after informing me: the size of the object (the more it is embarrassing, the more its cost will be high because it must also be able to store the said device before its real care) and so great variety in its composition.
0 x
Together we can change the

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"