Environmental tax on WEEE: Welcome or not ?!

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 19/11/06, 18:34

Woodcutter wrote:
Misterloxo wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:
gegyx wrote:[...] If it is used as fuel, I do not see where is the problem? There co.n.rds goods that burn corn for heat! [...]
Why assholes? :?:
[...] Economically it is interesting for the farmer, but ethically, to burn cereals while millions of poor wretches die of hunger ...
I think there is no connection ...
Combustible wheat should not be seen as a food crop but as an energy crop ... (like forestry, what ...)

We must not think that from here we can solve the problem of world hunger ...
By actions of aid to local populations (aid to crops, aid to technical improvement, etc.) yes, but surely not by cultivating here to give them after ...

In France, the cereals cultivated on 4 Million Ha are exported.

I agree: it is more profitable for the populations of developing countries to help them to be independent.

But, it is not only in "so-called" poor countries where people are starving.
They are everywhere in France and in Europe.

Still a few days ago, I was watching a report on undocumented migrants from Latin America in Spain who flock to the trash cans of a lidl to eat.

So, for sure, these are crops for energy only; otherwise they would not exist and I understand them very well as such.
However, I can't help but always keep in mind that while some people are burning cereal, others are dying from having only a few grams a day.
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 20/11/06, 09:44

zac wrote:
iota wrote:And at macdo we throw the hamburger away when they are no longer hot enough.
Profitability ignores the cries of the stomach.

Exact

but nothing (apart from the cops) prevents you from retrieving them (in front of preferred cameras) and from spinning them at the guys who are killing the slab.

uhhhh ... except the bleach which is balanced on it to prevent someone from getting it.
Finally, I do not know if McDonald's does it, but I remember seeing reports on supermarkets where the employee disemboweled all the yogurts that were out of date (or about to be) to sprinkle them with bleach. When the reporter asked him why he was doing this, the answer was: "because if someone eats in our garbage and gets sick, he could sue us" ....
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Mess...

by saveplanet » 20/11/06, 19:12

I have also seen several reports of this type where all food, about to be expired, was thrown away and then "bagged" so as not to be reused but I had not had the same reason.
The employee said that this necessarily represented, for the supermarket, a loss since people recovered and did not buy, so they preferred to spray them with dishwashing liquid or bleach. all the more, when we see that every year, restaurants in the heart are serving more and more meals and that the soup kitchen served in all the big cities is unfortunately a success and that, every year.
0 x
Together we can change the

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"