Environmental tax on WEEE: Welcome or not ?!

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 18/11/06, 20:06

Woodcutter wrote:
gegyx wrote:[...] If it is used as fuel, I do not see where is the problem? There co.n.rds goods that burn corn for heat! [...]
Why assholes? :?:

it is true that we are in a strange system.

The wheat that farmers put in their boiler, they cannot sell it because they have quotas (PAC ...)

But every time I see reports on it it hurts my stomach.
Economically, it is interesting for the farmer, but ethically, burning cereals while millions of poor wretches are starving ...
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 18/11/06, 20:17

Misterloxo wrote:Economically, it is interesting for the farmer, but ethically, burning cereals while millions of poor wretches are starving ...

Hello

Apart from three farmers who are on econology and some thousands of pure and hard organic. Have you ever seen a farmer who doesn't think about money? The CAP has a good back, nothing prevents them from exchanging these cereals for services to people who are starving : Cry:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 18/11/06, 20:19

And at macdo we throw the hamburger away when they are no longer hot enough.
Profitability ignores the cries of the stomach.
0 x
zac

by zac » 18/11/06, 21:21

iota wrote:And at macdo we throw the hamburger away when they are no longer hot enough.
Profitability ignores the cries of the stomach.

Exact

but nothing (apart from the cops) prevents you from retrieving them (in front of preferred cameras) and from spinning them at the guys who are killing the slab.

I steal their used oil from them and I run all the friends' vehicles with :P

if you believe that the fall in CO² will pass through our polished tchinels (e) you will laugh the finger in the eye; there are too many financial issues.

only one solution: the nuanced application of the laws and the example.

you drive without gas oil; we take you for an idiot with envy.
your neighbor does the same so it causes in the neighborhood.
you are going to take a binge with your neighbor at the local bistro while shouting that there are still idiots who buy gas oil; 3 weeks after everyone turns to hvb + pantone. Except the boss idiot who is afraid of various checks and damaged

@+ : Lol:
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 19/11/06, 08:40

zac wrote:
but nothing (apart from the cops) prevents you from retrieving them (in front of preferred cameras) and from spinning them at the guys who are killing the slab.

Yes that would be nice indeed. And in addition it would be intelligent recycling. : Cheesy:
zac wrote: if you believe that the fall in CO² will pass through our polished tchinels (e) you will laugh the finger in the eye; there are too many financial stakes ..
Of course not. : Mrgreen:
zac wrote:only one solution: the nuanced application of the laws and the example. you drive without gas oil; we take you for an idiot with envy.
your neighbor does the same so it causes in the neighborhood.
you are going to take a binge with your neighbor at the local bistro while shouting that there are still idiots who buy gas oil; 3 weeks after everyone turns to hvb + pantone.Exf the boss idiot who is afraid of various controls and damaged @ + : Lol:

Well, I think it's not that simple.
First of all, not everyone can live in Reunion or in a "hot" country, so 50% maximum HVB or special kit. And then for the supply of used oils, you need a regular supplier, apart from the collection circuits, you have to filter them, so we can suppose to buy them from a guy like you who will filter them but in any case, it does not. may only remain marginal (with used oils).
Well, that said, you shouldn't send me something by MP zac ???
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 19/11/06, 09:01

gegyx wrote:Yes, I also heard that; France Info: an environmental tax on textile ...
It made me raise tension, but Bham to react faster ...
We left towards generalization of new taxes, which will be more or less accept, because they fall under the pretext of ecology; sensitivity of the moment, about motor to impose new taxes. I heard that our company had already imposed an intolerable rate.
: Arrow: So we went to a generalization of green taxes, for various reasons, more or less convoluted, the purpose of which will be an additional tax, while the organizers believe, nor does it address the real causes of waste and waste.

Well, you can imagine that I agree with you. see https://www.econologie.com/forums/lisez-le-p ... 09-60.html and especially :
While it is true that even without surcharge we risk such a recession, sooner or later, I do not see the States advocating the decay that inevitably must generate tax revenue cuts, job losses, companies that lose markets, etc ...... in short, a complete overhaul of our societies, so political instability and therefore an embarrassing situation for our leaders.
It would then be enough for leaders to be ecologically aware for citizens to follow them on energy reduction and environmental protection measures. It is very easy for managers to say to national car manufacturers: develop such an auto model by reducing its consumption and its environmental impact, let's stop making thermal insulators that require large amounts of energy for their manufacture (glass or glass melting rock for example), .... etc.
But our leaders do they want? are they really aware? Do they really want the decay? it comes back to topics relating to Nicolas Hulot.
You will notice as I take the problem unlike Jancovici: what is overtaxing if there is no primary political will to change things because for me the overtaxation is not a positive act, this is an easy solution which tends to say, we see qqchose done to the ecology. But realistically, it does not offer real solutions, it is even not an admission decision.
And today, it is clear that our leaders through the blossoming of environmental taxes of all kinds, are riding this wave economic-ecological knowing full well that it is in the air.
There are undoubtedly environmental taxes necessary to organize good recycling and good management of resources, but there will also surely be unnecessary ones which will only benefit certain privileged people rather than the environment. So for me, we are only making money to maintain growth, to prepare perhaps for the alternation of certain companies by others in more "ecological" sectors, but we are not preparing for decline.
It is not by typing the wallet citizens that profoundly change the situation. For him the citizen, he can not demand to buy a car which consumes almost nothing he can not require to have a roof next to his work, in short, it takes what comes, it has decision-making power in regard to his life, and again.
But it will be seen in several years, when they say, well yes, we did what we could, we have taxed energy and yet it was not enough.
And as long as to do, see also the subject of iota: https: //www.econologie.com/forums/post36905.html#36905
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 19/11/06, 11:44

Hi everybody,

so if i summarize these 5 very interesting pages, i can identify three views of this problem:

View 1:
I am a business. I adhere, by obligation, to the recycling association (at least it's easy, there is only one depending on my activity). This charge, I cannot have it assumed by my shareholders, so I pass it on in my product sale price.
Otherwise, I can always opt for a deposit but this requires a distribution chain that is short enough for my packaging to return in a reusable state (therefore exit large distribution).

View 2:
I am a "consumer-enthusiast", I can choose between a taxed product for recycling or a taxed product with returnable packaging (deposit that will be returned to me when I return the packaging, unless I was on vacation away from home. , ... what matters, of course, is the tax because otherwise it is not manageable for the merchant)

View 3:
I am a politician, I surf the "Eco-Machin" wave and I am tired of hearing about Entressens' petitions near Marseille. I'm creating a tax that will allow me to finance a friend in recycling (who will pay me back) and solve this problem of the largest open dump in Europe.

Three visions not so reductive as that ...

What do you think ??? : Shock:
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/11/06, 15:46

Misterloxo wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:
gegyx wrote:[...] If it is used as fuel, I do not see where is the problem? There co.n.rds goods that burn corn for heat! [...]
[...] Economically it is interesting for the farmer, but ethically, to burn cereals while millions of poor wretches die of hunger ...
I think there is no connection ...
Combustible wheat should not be seen as a food crop but as an energy crop ... (like forestry, what ...)

We must not think that from here we can solve the problem of world hunger ...
By actions of aid to local populations (aid to crops, aid to technical improvement, etc.) yes, but surely not by cultivating here to give them after ...

In France, the cereals cultivated on 4 Million Ha are exported.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 19/11/06, 15:47

Very clearly, there is that ... are added to the builders and so many other elements.
moreover, if that interests you, I still looked a little more at this "problem" (which should not be one) in order to have all the sounds of bell and to be objective as much as possible, suggest to go see this site and tell me what you think:
http://www.gifam.fr/
0 x
Together we can change the
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 19/11/06, 15:51

Woodcutter wrote:
Misterloxo wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:
[...] Economically it is interesting for the farmer, but ethically, to burn cereals while millions of poor wretches die of hunger ...
I think there is no connection ...
Combustible wheat should not be seen as a food crop but as an energy crop ... (like forestry, what ...)

We must not think that from here we can solve the problem of world hunger ...
By actions of aid to local populations (aid to crops, aid to technical improvement, etc.) yes, but surely not by cultivating here to give them after ...

In France, the cereals cultivated on 4 Million Ha are exported.

+1
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)

i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong

ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"