Environmental tax on WEEE: Welcome or not ?!

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 16/11/06, 18:43

I had not seen your post Bucheron, well said!

ps: I could as usual :)
0 x
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 16/11/06, 20:38

What annoys me is that I really feel that it is always the same people who pay!

I agree to pay for this ecoscmurtz, but why don't manufacturers, importers and distributors pay for it?
Knowing that almost all manufacturers make products that should not last too long (if not more growth well yes).
This even has a name I believe: planned obsolescence.

We still pay for all the strata of the organization of our society there.
Part of the housing tax goes to the department, therefore partly to the departmental waste disposal plan (financing of incinerators among other things ... must finally dispose of the final waste).
Also in local taxes, we pay for the establishment of communities of municipalities or other agglo communities which are responsible on a supra-municipal level (one more layer in the organization!) For the collection of household waste and the creation of recycling centers ... organization of recycling.
We still pay a tax for the removal of household waste.

The latter is legitimate, it's true. But is it normal that we all pay the same price when we break our heads to do a maximum of recycling and that we present our trash at most once a month (because otherwise it almost that empty) and that others are abusing this collection and making no effort?
We should do like some municipalities in Germany where, everything is done to encourage as much as possible to sort its waste and recycle and where we pay for our OM (household waste) according to the number of times we put our trash outside and the total weight of OM.

I hope that this tax will go well to what it is intended for and that it is not yet a big force-feeding of I do not know which "organization" responsible for controlling who knows what ...

grr ... I'm a little pissed there ...
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 17/11/06, 00:33

THEenvironmental tax, with suave morality, seems to want to recall the duty of a fees for the beautification ofecology.
I also see there:ax de l 'reckoning : The only policy is that everyone snuffles, and always!
-----------
Of course this eco-tax is a good thing. Allow to fully finance the recycling of the purchased device, by allowing the use of service companies.
But some € 12, for a fridge, that makes me smile ... As if that was enough, for a white operation! Experts got together to quickly and reliably set the price of manufactured items, and had it put on the labels in one day.
The problem is that we already pay, much more in taxes, for theoretically the valuation of these things.
I agree with the principle of this tax (with the downside of planned obsolescence), provided that it is unique. However, it is already multiple, with much higher sums…

Companies pay € 5 to get rid of a CRT screen. Professionals pay by weight, the garbage they bring to the recycling center (rubble, household appliances, tires, etc.), the logo of the recyclable packaging, so that the little birds can be satisfied.
It's beautiful, it's moral, it's noble ecology! It is in tune with the times !

So my little lady has to fight, otherwise you're a nerdy, and you murder your little children!

It was already the only leitmotif of Brice Lalonde ... Only solution: tax.
---
This weekend, the electrical cumulus of a colleague, not a handyman for a penny, fled by resistance. Cut water, panic, call of a plumber in emergency on Saturday, which gives running water, after having isolated the deficient cumulus. Monday he reinstalls a new cumulus 200l, and it's good.
Invoice 800 €… (the installation of a cumulus can cost only 120 €, all included in material).
But the most extraordinary is that he asked 80 € for the recycling of the old cumulus!
"It's the law, we professionals have to pay for recycling!" "
(Pitmix, we recognized you : Cheesy: )

Recycling: OK
State and margoulins scam: No.
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 17/11/06, 10:17

little reminder:
the sticker was for old people.
pentecote too.
today is the ecotax

Other times, other manners.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/11/06, 10:22

I think it would be useful to put this discussion on hold ... For say a year ... in order to have a little perspective on this tax.

Misterloxo, manufacturers (at least European) are already paying "green" taxes ... just on energy and CO2 ...
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 17/11/06, 11:02

Christophe wrote:I think it would be useful to put this discussion on hold ... For say a year ... in order to have a little perspective on this tax.

It seems reasonable to me.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 17/11/06, 11:09

Misterloxo wrote:[...] We should do like some municipalities in Germany where, everything is done to encourage as much as possible to sort its waste and recycle and where we pay its OM (household waste) according to the number of times that the we put our trash outside and at the total weight of OM. [...]
I quite agree with that.
It also seems to me that this does not only exist in Germany and that certain French municipalities are testing this system.
The problem is that in France, a country of "tricksters" compared to the Nordic countries, we will first have to find a way to avoid cheating ... :|
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/11/06, 12:10

Woodcutter wrote:The problem is that in France, a country of "tricksters" compared to the Nordic countries, we will first have to find a way to avoid cheating ... :|

But nah but nah ... If a Belgian manages to do it a Frenchman will also arrive ... moreover there are even French emigrants who arrive there ... That is to say:

https://www.econologie.com/le-tri-select ... -3212.html
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 17/11/06, 14:16

iota wrote:little reminder:
the sticker was for old people.
pentecote too.
today is the ecotax

Other times, other manners.

Hello
this is normal taxes for older or more expensive; old it costs significantly more expensive to recycle a fridge : Evil:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 17/11/06, 14:53

Two infos on the theme of ecotax and recycling:
-I heard on France info that the deputies were preparing to vote an eco-tax on textiles, for recycling. Perhaps we should open a special "ecotaxes" section because I have the impression that it will begin to flourish. For the moment I don't know more, I only know that the old clothes, I give them to the red cross or Emmaüs who resell them or give them away. I also know that companies are already processing old textiles to make rags. So what is the use of the ecotax ??

-the children brought back from the school a prospectus for collecting used mobile phones and ink cartridges, which I find very good. Because I am particularly flabbergasted to see this market of the consumable mobile of the style, that does not please me any more, I throw (a high-tech device often paid 1 € therefore well below its value) which makes that thanks to this commercial policy , the price of subscriptions and communications is prohibitive. In short, I must be retrograde, even decreasing without knowing it.
On this prospectus, they write that the money raised will be used to purchase educational materials or finance school outings. Well, if that were true, it would be an example showing that re-cycling can bring something to taxpayers rather than cost it.
Until an ecotax also comes to apply !! : Mrgreen: : Cheesy: well, this is average humor but hey, I'm probably not far from the truth.
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"