Bicycle lighting with energy recovery during braking

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 09/11/06, 13:40

delnoram wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:90 to 95% of cyclists ride at night without lighting and it will be less and less tolerated in my opinion.

Bof ... the law which obliged this dates from 95 or 96 it seems to me, however as you say an overwhelming majority rolls without light ... Which proves well that the repression is not really existing ... personally I doubt that it changes...
In 10 years I have never been arrested / controlled ... and yet ... I have no lights and I have already crossed controls : Oops:

I remember when I went to school by bicycle, on rainy days the "dynamo" did aquaplaning : Cheesy: so more light : Evil: , back then there were no battery headlights.
Since I caught up, led headlight, rechargeable batteries and even a stop light, when we drive in 2 it allows the second to react faster, and even the cars are sensitive to it :D .
Maximus Leo your system is great, but on my mid race the gap between the brake pads and the rim is less than a millimeter : Cry:

The position of the pads, dynamos and linkage requires - relatively - precise adjustment:
- There must be a space of a few millimeters (2 to 3) at rest between the wheels of the dynamos and the tire.
- When the wheels of the dynamos are in position to touch the tire, there should be a space of 2 to 3 mm between the pads and the rim.
It is necessary to increase the space which exists of origin between the pad and the rim and to bring it to 4, 5 or 6 mm, (there is a rather broad tolerance). The washers on the skate rod should be replaced with thinner washers.
In this way when the brake lever is pressed, the dynamos start to rotate and recharge the batteries, but that only slows the bike down. If the handle is pressed further, the pads then come into contact with the rim and there is normal braking, the dynamos continuing to turn until they stop. Note that below a few km / h the voltage supplied by the dynamos is no longer high enough to recharge the batteries. There is no problem of slippage of the wheels of the dynamos since it is not a spring which presses the wheels on the tire but the pressure of the hand. The brake return springs remain the same. There are certainly other solutions to improve the system.
I have an adapter for my cell phone battery, it's a charging cord to which I soldered a jack plug at the other end. I connect it to the rear light and the laptop displays "Charging", it only served me once but it's useful.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/11/06, 13:42

giul wrote:What are your current projects / marketing,
that would have an obvious success, when a sale : Mrgreen: in the econology shop?

Uh ... tomorrow? 8)
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 09/11/06, 13:47

giul wrote:'Lut
It is very impressive: Bravissimo !!!
What are your current projects / marketing,
that would have an obvious success, when a sale : Mrgreen: in the econology shop?
in any case hat !!
^ @ +

Manufacturing in France seems impossible to me the costs are too high. I was in contact with an SME in the Paris region that did plastic injection and electronics (ideal!) But it filed for bankruptcy a few months ago ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/11/06, 14:18

And to produce in Ch .... must have a lot of sousous ...

So wouldn't you just make a profit by selling specific plans? Apparently your goal is not to live on it ... otherwise you would not have balanced everything on a forum...

Finally I may be wrong ... :?:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 17/04/08, 13:06

The system was the subject of an innovation aid request to OSEO, but it has just been refused by the jury.
0 x