Renault Espace 2.2i

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
laurent73
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Renault Espace 2.2i

by laurent73 » 20/06/06, 00:11

Hello,
: Lol:
Beginner on the site, and very interested in all your discoveries. Long to read, difficult to understand sometimes but motivated to apply.
I plan to buy 1 car + large (family requires): space type 2, 2.2i petrol (small budget = old model).
Big downside: consumption + pollution.
What do you advise me to reduce this?
:?:
a+
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 20/06/06, 14:56

If your engine is not too long, you can consider switching your space to LPG.
As the LPG installers guarantee against any engine failure for a year, they generally refuse to mount this type of equipment on engines that have passed 100Km.

If you come back in this case there, you will increase the consumption a little but you will largely decrease your bill and a little pollution (if the LPG is well regulated).

Now the disadvantages:
: Arrow: The price of the installation (from 1500 € to 3000 € depending on the type of fuel, the size of the tank, ...). Especially since the state, which previously reimbursed part of the investment, has reviewed its copy and, if I'm not mistaken, only reimburses the LPG new and only if we scrap a car over 8 years old.
: Arrow: we lose space in the trunk.

For the other solutions, I refer you to the "Pantone gurus" : Wink: from this site
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 20/06/06, 15:08

Hello

buy a 21 névada diesel and mount a water doping !!!
You will have the same volume for - dear and a lot - of shit in the long term : Mrgreen:
@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 20/06/06, 15:44

Hello
A friend had bought a new Renault original LPG Space. Result it never worked properly with LPG, the consumption of LPG was too high and it was more economical with gasoline. Dealer response (who no longer knew what to do)
"anyway if it had run well on LPG as some of the exhaust valves would not have held and the engine would have broken"!? (nice after-sales service!)
Renault has stopped the LPG space as standard. Well, they have surely improved the quality of the valves since that time (more than 10 years).
I also think like ZAC much less problems to dope with a Diesel station wagon for example ...
Michel
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 20/06/06, 15:50

I had 3 LPG cars including 2 Renault and a Mazda but in the 3 cases, the LPG installations were not original. According to my LPG installer at the time (extremely honest and competent), the original Renault LPGs were fitted despite common sense, impossible to adjust properly and of questionable reliability ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 20/06/06, 17:22

A friend had bought a new Renault original LPG Space. Result it never worked properly with LPG, the consumption of LPG was too high and it was more economical with gasoline. Dealer response (who no longer knew what to do)
"anyway if it had run well on LPG as some of the exhaust valves would not have held and the engine would have broken"!? (nice after-sales service!)
Renault has stopped the LPG space as standard. Well, they have surely improved the quality of the valves since that time (more than 10 years).

It's not true, dummies! When I bought my R25 from 1989 GPLise, it had 160000 km (LPG mounted to 130000) for 28000 F (including 13000f of LPG installation) in 1998; at Renault they told me the same thing "the valves will burn out "etc..etc..it is a stupidity ..etc..etc. Result: we are in 2006, the cari has 295000 the engine turns TB (there were some adjustments of clearance of valves but that holds good). The only bp that I had: the auto gearbox broke (this is well known, on the other hand, it's Renault from Renault + bypass on the cooling circuit for LPG probably made the gearbox a little warm ??! !); found a manual gearbox at 300 euros on an accident vehicle and off we went. It never worked as well as it did right now.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
laurent73
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by laurent73 » 21/06/06, 20:16

Hi everybody,
Thank you for your answers : Lol:
I think I will follow jean63's advice (on another subject):
whatever the model purchased, I plan to install (after reading your forums):
- simple trade economizer (I have a colleague who installed it on an escape and a 4x4 scenix, I will try to give you figures)
- steam injection
- turbulence generator
- Pantone?
a+
PS: I will also look at the fuel side (but not the LPG I have too many opinions against at home).
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 25/06/06, 13:58

I have 2 rudders 2.2 if with LPG (the same engine)
The exhaust valves tended to crumble, approximately every 15000 km, on the first, purchased was equipped at 160000 and cardboard at 210000 km (a 94 model with the BVA "renault from renault" of which Jean 63 speaks. : Evil:

The adjustment of the valves is very easy (adjustment by screw and lock nut 1H max)
to do when she limps.

My current LPG safran is a mechanical box of 96 it seems to require less adjustment I checked it before the installation of the LPG at 110000km it today 140000km and runs correctly, I will check it soon, to see ...

I also have a volvo 850 BVA with LPG (330000km) but the mechanics are indestructible and the valves have a hydraulic backlash. 8)

The LPG suits me well.
0 x
laurent73
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by laurent73 » 25/06/06, 15:46

Hi citro, :D
thank you for your info, unfortunately I can't convince the family to switch to LPG ... : Cry: especially since the space engine had been changed and has only 23000km, so we could have benefited.
on the other hand I start the acetone test today on my old 19. in three phases 11cl, 22cl, 33cl for 50litres.
a+ :D
0 x
Other

by Other » 25/06/06, 16:50

Hello Laurent 73

For acetone at 33cl for 50 liters you will just flavor the absence
(330cl) correction 330mll the you start to speak ..

Start with an almost empty tank put in a good dose, roll a little and go to fill up and notice the difference on the pipe .. before full and after full, for the economy you will adjust afterwards, that's wrong what believe that if you put too much it will consume more.

Andre
Last edited by Other the 26 / 06 / 06, 02: 08, 1 edited once.
0 x