Combustion problem never fixed Okofen

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Re: Combustion issue never fixed Okofen

by Christophe » 13/03/23, 12:19

izentrop wrote:
Pilpoill wrote:
Christophe wrote:I know how to increase cycle length easily!

Wet your pellets!Image
There is also a lack of water here! : Cheesy:
it is above all counterproductive, the energy to transform water into steam is wasted energy, except for a condensing boiler...

Nope ???? Is it true????
0 x
Benyb
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Benyb » 12/08/23, 01:39

good evening everyone, thank you for these very interesting discussions on our pellet boilers.... The price of pellets having been a little crazy last winter, I would like to optimize the settings of my Condens boiler which is one year old. From what I understand the cycle time is essential to have a slow and therefore progressive combustion by spacing out the ignitions and cuts of the boiler as much as possible. But how do you change this setting? I can't find the info for the moment and I'm at 18min which seems very short when I read you ....
merci!
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 04/10/23, 19:30

Pilpoill wrote:I do not have the necessary skills to know if the output is suitable, it would absolutely be necessary to see that with the manufacturer since there are technical documents which commit it.
It looks like this kind of document: http://www.cstb.fr/pdf/atec/GS14-O/AO2131908_V3.pdf

By disconnecting the air intake at the boiler, there should be no soot in the air inlet pipe. Otherwise, the distance between the air intake and the smoke outlet must be increased.
Pilpoill wrote:"Impulse burner" operation (and its associated parameters) means that regardless of demand, the boiler must start at 64°C and shut down at 80°C.

So to lengthen the cycle, can we program a maximum working power? And I think we should consider adding a buffer tank.
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 05/10/23, 17:01

Philippe Schutt wrote:So to lengthen the cycle, can we program a maximum working power? And I think we should consider adding a buffer tank.

Yes, depending on the model, you must act either only in software, or in hardware and software.
0 x