Okofen: Flow temperature higher than setpoint

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Mobile phone number
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Okofen: Flow temperature higher than setpoint

by Mobile phone number » 05/02/23, 19:48

Hello everybody

I have an Okofen boiler which we have been using since 2020. I have tried to fine tune the settings since then by the bied of this forum which I read carefully in order to try to understand how it works. I take this opportunity to thank the wells of knowledge who provide very useful information, and I think that many of us read them without being registered and therefore without being able to thank them (and that must take time).

My settings were well suited to our needs. However, following the review 3 days ago, we have a flow temperature well above the starting temperature. And it is, therefore, much too hot in the house (more than 23°).
The heating engineer who did the overhaul told us that the boiler was very clogged. So I wonder if my settings would not have gradually compensated for a drop in performance?

I will try to provide you with details on the installation and photos in order to be clear.
I have the impression that it would rather come from the regulation since I lowered everything on the boiler and the temperature is still roughly the same.

Installation:
-Okofen PES15 Pellmatic PE boiler
- outdoor sensor
-interface V3.00

The House:
-year 1900
- Ground floor heated by the boiler (about 80m²), the floor is heated by electric radiators
-insulation: from the inside by glass wool: walls, ceiling and attic, pvc double glazing, solid slab.
-region: sologne, Loir and cher 41

Here is the boiler data, and something escapes me:

Do you also think that it could come from the regulation? How do you think I can reduce the starting temperature in order to start again on settings from the boiler?

Thank you very much to the connoisseurs who are not greedy to share, and I am really happy to finally be registered since the time I have been reading you.
Attachments
image00006.jpg
image00006.jpg (347.46 KIO) Viewed 2215 times
image00007.jpg
image00007.jpg (127.06 KIO) Viewed 2215 times
image00008.jpg
image00008.jpg (356.41 KIO) Viewed 2215 times
image00001.jpg
image00001.jpg (344.46 KIO) Viewed 2215 times
image00002.jpg
image00002.jpg (343.29 KIO) Viewed 2215 times
image00003.jpg
image00003.jpg (356.87 KIO) Viewed 2215 times
image00004.jpg
image00004.jpg (347.43 KIO) Viewed 2215 times
image00005.jpg
image00005.jpg (356.94 KIO) Viewed 2215 times
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Okofen: Flow temperature higher than setpoint

by Pilpoill » 07/02/23, 10:18

Hello,

If the person who performed the maintenance has not touched the settings, it's amazing what happens!
Clogging can affect the quality of combustion but not the operation of the regulation.

Does the v3v act as the regulation tells it?
If the flow temperature is higher than the setpoint, it should be in closing order for the time to reach the calculated temperature.
If the temperature is punctually far from the set point to then arrive there, then a pumping of the v3v could simply explain it.

PS:
The outside limit temperatures of reduced and comfort are illogical
Are you still in reduced mode as shown in picture 6?
1 x
Mobile phone number
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Mobile phone number » 07/02/23, 16:37

Pilpoill wrote:Hello,

If the person who performed the maintenance has not touched the settings, it's amazing what happens!
Clogging can affect the quality of combustion but not the operation of the regulation.

If the flow temperature is higher than the setpoint, it should be in closing order for the time to reach the calculated temperature.
If the temperature is punctually far from the set point to then arrive there, then a pumping of the v3v could simply explain it.

PS:

Hello Pilpoill and thank you for your feedback. Your nickname speaks to me and you are just one of the connoisseurs that I thank previously.

Indeed, the comfort temperature was higher than that of the reduced mode. I have since corrected this error made by myself. I think it's recent but I'll wait a few days in doubt where it would come from this inconsistency. (I restored 15 for the reduced mode and 5 for the comfort mode.

Normally the v3v is cut when the setpoint is exceeded. But I admit that I do not master it just like the box above. In the event of a misadjustment, I would therefore not be able to adjust it.
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 07/02/23, 16:59

mob wrote:Hello Pilpoill and thank you for your feedback. Your nickname speaks to me and you are just one of the connoisseurs that I thank previously.

Indeed, the comfort temperature was higher than that of the reduced mode. I have since corrected this error made by myself. I think it's recent but I'll wait a few days in doubt where it would come from this inconsistency. (I restored 15 for the reduced mode and 5 for the comfort mode.

Normally the v3v is cut when the setpoint is exceeded. But I admit that I do not master it just like the box above. In the event of a misadjustment, I would therefore not be able to adjust it.

So I'm going to clarify about your mistake because there are two things that can sometimes be confusing but not knowing your level of control of this regulation I'm going to clarify don't blame me :)

There are reduced and comfort temperatures which correspond to the temperatures you want to obtain in reduced mode and in comfort mode. The comfort mode generally being a time slot during the day.
Your photo number 6 indicates that the reduced mode is forced, your heating is not automatic it is continuously in reduced mode so with the setpoint 15° 24h/24h.

There are also outside heating limit temperatures. It is a priority order above all for regulation; whether the interior temperature is reached or not!
On your photo number 7 (values ​​that I found illogical), when you are in reduced range, heating is authorized until it is 16° outside.
When you are in the comfort range, heating is authorized until it is 15° outside.
Why put 15 in reduced and 5 in comfort? It's rather the opposite that should be done (and it also remains to be adapted to the insulation of your house) : Wink:
That said, I don't see how that would affect what was working so far.

Regarding your 3-Way Valve, it does not shut off, it has a position between fully closed and fully open.
It regulates the withdrawal of heat from the main tank of your boiler so as to supply radiator flow water at the temperature calculated by the regulation.
What "cuts" on the other hand is the operation of your circulator if the temperature is exceeded by X°
0 x
Mobile phone number
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Mobile phone number » 07/02/23, 17:09

Pilpoill wrote:
mob wrote:
So I'm going to clarify about your mistake because there are two things that can sometimes be confusing but not knowing your level of control of this regulation I'm going to clarify don't blame me :)

There are reduced and comfort temperatures which correspond to the temperatures you want to obtain in reduced mode and in comfort mode. The comfort mode generally being a time slot during the day.
Your photo number 6 indicates that the reduced mode is forced, your heating is not automatic it is continuously in reduced mode so with the setpoint 15° 24h/24h.

There are also outside heating limit temperatures. It is a priority order above all for regulation; whether the interior temperature is reached or not!
On your photo number 7 (values ​​that I found illogical), when you are in reduced range, heating is authorized until it is 16° outside.
When you are in the comfort range, heating is authorized until it is 15° outside.
Why put 15 in reduced and 5 in comfort? It's rather the opposite that should be done (and it also remains to be adapted to the insulation of your house) : Wink:
That said, I don't see how that would affect what was working so far.

Regarding your 3-Way Valve, it does not shut off, it has a position between fully closed and fully open.
It regulates the withdrawal of heat from the main tank of your boiler so as to supply radiator flow water at the temperature calculated by the regulation.
What "cuts" on the other hand is the operation of your circulator if the temperature is exceeded by X°

Thank you for this information. Given my newbie level, I will certainly not blame you for your answers.

I don't have access to pv yet. I think it would surely be wise to review my settings with someone who has knowledge in order to start on a good basis. You are, I think, just as right about the reduced and comfortable ranges, I think I may have some biases, everything is not always very clear.

Thank you very much.
0 x
Mobile phone number
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Mobile phone number » 07/02/23, 19:39

Pilpoill wrote:Hello,

PS:

I think part of my confusion relates to the comfort and reduced temperatures between the heating curve menu and the one which would therefore be the temperature requested in the heating menu.

But it does not seem logical to me that there is an interior temperature requested since as soon as we touch the heating curve, this will have an impact on this interior temperature? Image
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 07/02/23, 20:13

mob wrote:I think part of my confusion relates to the comfort and reduced temperatures between the heating curve menu and the one which would therefore be the temperature requested in the heating menu.

But it does not seem logical to me that there is an interior temperature requested since as soon as we touch the heating curve, this will have an impact on this interior temperature? Image

In the heating menu, these are the temperatures you want to obtain during the respective reduced/comfort ranges.
The most important being that of comfort (17°C on your photo) which requires heating while that of reduced possibly allows you to do without heating until the temperature drops to the value of 15°C chosen for your mode reduced.

The flow temperature of the water in your heating circuit is calculated by the regulation with 3 values:
Outside temperature
Indoor temperature
Heating curve/water law

If you modify your heating curve, it only modifies the temperature of the flowing water and absolutely not the setpoint chosen.
0 x
Mobile phone number
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Mobile phone number » 07/02/23, 20:18

Pilpoill thank you but I think I have trouble understanding. If my heating curve requires that the water be sent to 70° for 15 degrees outside (I extrapolate a little voluntarily), the interior temperature will necessarily rise, right? I don't have an indoor sensor, how is the indoor temperature defined?

I understand quickly but it takes a long time to explain myself : Mrgreen:
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 07/02/23, 20:27

mob wrote:Pilpoill thank you but I think I have trouble understanding. If my heating curve requires that the water be sent to 70° for 15 degrees outside (I extrapolate a little voluntarily), the interior temperature will necessarily rise, right? I don't have an indoor sensor, how is the indoor temperature defined?

I understand quickly but it takes a long time to explain myself : Mrgreen:

Without an indoor sensor, how is it still possible not to install one in our time? : Shock:

You're right, but if it worked before he passed, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work like before.
What did he touch? Settings level? Hardware level?
I am of the opinion to contact him in the very first place because it is following his intervention that the malfunction appeared.
0 x
Mobile phone number
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Mobile phone number » 07/02/23, 20:29

Normally he did not touch the settings. But it may be me who touched a bad setting by wanting to make another one, I have the doubt of the shots... : Cry:

It must be said that by reading you, there is already a confusion in my settings due to a misunderstanding on my part!
0 x