Connect a battery to 2 Sungrow inverters

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Christophe

Re: Connecting a battery to 2 Sungrow inverters

by Christophe » 20/01/23, 20:06

If we oblige you: disconnecting from the network is prohibited in Belgium...yes!

Otherwise I don't either, I still prefer electric... : Mrgreen:
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 20/01/23, 20:20

Christophe wrote:If we oblige you: disconnecting from the network is prohibited in Belgium...yes!

Alright, we're crazy here
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 20/01/23, 20:46

Once your PVs have been installed, it happens - depending on the case - that you are directly confronted with a problem of profitability or that this arises as your neighbors in turn have PVs installed. This is the "dropout".

To better understand, imagine a beautiful summer day and a neighborhood where there are many photovoltaic installations. In this case, it may happen that between 11 a.m. and 14:30 p.m. (that is to say when solar production is at its maximum), the inverters pick up. This means they go into safe mode and shut down. Consequently, the prosumer can lose up to 30% of production in one day.

But what is the cause of this dropout? The network. Basically, it was not designed to absorb a massive injection of electricity produced by PVs. For Rémi Thirion, administrator of BeProsumer, this problem of an inverter which stalls because of the dilapidation of the network has the potential to create a scandal even worse than the bubble of green certificates of the beginning of the 2010s.

Hence this question that you must now ask yourself: will the infrastructure of my street be able to absorb all of my production? “Unfortunately, today, no competent authority will give you a recommendation,” he explains. "According to our information, installation requests are all authorized by the network and distribution managers (GRD), regardless of the state of dilapidation of the network to which you wish to connect."

"The prosumers who, in my case, have not even checked the conformity of the earth, knowing that a control body reviews the installation at the end of their work, do not check this data. It is then necessary to (ask an electrician to) check the voltage of the network phases between 12 p.m. and 14 p.m. on sunny days, if possible in the month of May-June, because the yield of the panels is maximum in the 'sunny cold'.

"If the voltage exceeds a certain threshold (257 volts) for 10 minutes, the inverter will go into safety several times a day, or even continuously during the hours of maximum performance. In short, the expected profitability is then weighed down."

There is no need to look very far to see the stupidity of unbridled injection!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/01/23, 21:18

Christophe wrote:If we oblige you: disconnecting from the network is prohibited in Belgium...yes!

I believe you, that said, the argument is a bit lame... You can always take the mini subscription (3kW in France) and consume practically nothing. But in my opinion, you will be at certain times, even with PV + batteries, very happy to draw a little on your 3kW!
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/01/23, 21:27

sicetaitsimple wrote:

I believe you, that said, the argument is a bit lame... You can always take the mini subscription (3kW in France) and consume practically nothing. But in my opinion, you will be at certain times, even with PV + batteries, very happy to draw a little on your 3kW!

This is what I intend to do in the more or less long term, but for the winter, without a subscription of at least 3 kVA, it is much too expensive, unless we arrive at 1€ per kWh, or the price batteries decrease by 80%....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/01/23, 21:57

SebastianL wrote:....From the moment it is profitable to do offgrid,....

Well, you'll let us know the day this is the case in countries like ours.
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 20/01/23, 22:03

sicetaitsimple wrote:
SebastianL wrote:....From the moment it is profitable to do offgrid,....

Well, you'll let us know the day this is the case in countries like ours.

A somewhat resourceful electrician is already there.
Commercially, I manage to sell 4kwc of PV + 12kwh LFP for 10000€, the profitability obviously depends on the uses.
As soon as the electricity exceeds 0.2€ per kwh, there is no limit
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/01/23, 22:35

SebastianL wrote:Commercially, I manage to sell 4kwc of PV + 12kwh LFP for 10000€,

It is false, or else it is a kit (therefore excluding installation) and excluding taxes.
Hey, do an engaging quote including installation tax for Phil59 for your 4kWc and your 12kWh battery, I'm sure it's going to interest him. Don't forget to copy us...
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 20/01/23, 22:46

sicetaitsimple wrote:
SebastianL wrote:Commercially, I manage to sell 4kwc of PV + 12kwh LFP for 10000€,

It is false, or else it is a kit (therefore excluding installation) and excluding taxes.
Hey, do an engaging quote including installation tax for Phil59 for your 4kWc and your 12kWh battery, I'm sure it's going to interest him. Don't forget to copy us...

No, it's delivered and installed, the only important detail is that my client agreed to help me install the panels on a large garden shed that he had planned for this purpose. And it is true that the inverter is just a victron 3kva so small, reliable and quickly found the day or it grid.
If you have customers near me, I take!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/01/23, 23:05

SebastianL wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:

No, it's delivered and installed, the only important detail is that my client agreed to help me install the panels on a large garden shed that he had planned for this purpose. And it is true that the inverter is just a victron 3kva so small, reliable and quickly found the day or it grid.
If you have customers near me, I take!

Nice kick in touch, which does not answer the question.
So, this engaging quote for 4kWp and 12kWh of battery? Let's say for simplicity that the difficulties of installation are in the average, moreover as its pseudo indicates it Phil59 is located in the department of the North (for the calculation of the transport).
So, what does it give TTC and installation included?

PS: are you RGE?
0 x