Connect a battery to 2 Sungrow inverters

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Christophe

Re: Connecting a battery to 2 Sungrow inverters

by Christophe » 20/01/23, 15:41

Bingo, for once he thought (not you, your installer)! : Mrgreen:

(because the inverters under a hydraulic network...I don't know if Vincotte will appreciate...when do you have an appointment?)
1 x
Camon2312
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Camon2312 » 20/01/23, 15:45

Christophe wrote:Bingo, for once he thought (not you, your installer)! : Mrgreen:

(because the inverters under a hydraulic network...I don't know if Vincotte will appreciate...when do you have an appointment?)

It is a heat pump indoor unit.
I don't know about Vincotte, I guess they do everything at the same time with electricity?
On the other hand below on the left what I have and on the right what I should order. If compatible with mono inverter.
Attachments
2023-01-20 15_43_05-Window.png
2023-01-20 15_43_05-Window.png (93.52 KiB) Accessed 1165 times
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/23, 15:51

Yes the sungrow S300 looks like what you need...no big price difference with the mono ones (which you can therefore resell)

At the installation level, it should be put like this:

a) Counter

b) PV Injection

c) S300 (the inputs of this counter = PV injection)

d) S300 output to user = main switchboard input of the house

So you need a place in your electrical panel just after the meter...if it's already finished it's not easy to change everything.

To do with the notice of the S300 ...

ps: ok it's a new house not yet received? Yes I assume you can do both at the same time (but with additional PV cost)
0 x
Camon2312
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Camon2312 » 20/01/23, 15:55

Christophe wrote:Yes the sungrow S300 looks like what you need...no big price difference with the mono ones (which you can therefore resell)

At the installation level, it should be put like this:

a) Counter

b) PV Injection

c) S300 (the inputs of this counter = PV injection)

d) S300 output to user = main switchboard input of the house

So you need a place in your electrical panel just after the meter...if it's already finished it's not easy to change everything.

To do with the notice of the S300 ...

ps: ok it's a new house not yet received? Yes I assume you can do both at the same time (but with additional PV cost)

Well, tomorrow I open the board and take a look.
A moving point.
And for the battery what should I do according to you?
Don't tell me to ask the other asshole. : Lol:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/01/23, 16:20

Christophe wrote:I wonder if your clamps shouldn't rather be put on the CONSUMPTION side... since the inverter knows internally what it produces, huh.

I don't think so, the energy meter is used to measure the power injected into the network. Just read the manual...
https://fra.sungrowpower.com/upload/fil ... 0Guide.pdf
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/23, 16:36

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Christophe wrote:I wonder if your clamps shouldn't rather be put on the CONSUMPTION side... since the inverter knows internally what it produces, huh.

I don't think so, the energy meter is used to measure the power injected into the network. Just read the manual...
https://fra.sungrowpower.com/upload/fil ... 0Guide.pdf

Is there an internal power meter?

Bizarre ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/23, 16:36

Camon2312 wrote:Well, tomorrow I open the board and take a look.
A moving point.
And for the battery what should I do according to you?
Don't tell me to ask the other asshole. : Lol:

Why make a battery? : Mrgreen:

What exactly will you benefit from a battery?

If you have a double meter you can lower your direct debit bill but don't dream in Belgium you will be very far from autonomy during 4 winter months, even with a 10 kWh battery...the proof: your installation only produced 220 W today when you measured! 220W is 2% of its capacity...

So in the end with the double meter system you will most certainly pay at least between 500 and 1000€ in annual bills... plus the price of the battery... so much so only pay the prosumer tax (900 to 1000 € in your case ) and work with counting backwards...

There are only battery sellers who talk and make people believe in quick returns to Belgium, that's wrong...

My opinion is to do nothing at all for the moment, you have taken hybrid inverters, that's very good, you can always add one a little later, you will have many other things to think about with a new house!
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 20/01/23, 16:37

Camon2312 wrote:Don't tell me to ask the other asshole. : Lol:

I think it's us assholes who are assisting this Mr.
What is perfectly clear is that your installer was not born yesterday.
That if you still don't know what this famous current sensor is for, it's because you're either hard on the paper because he necessarily had to explain the situation to you or you have to piss him off or trick him in any way.
Because all the answers to your questions are structural.

Is it so hard to say that your primary goal is a network injection, with a lot of CSPE tax and that your battery is for "blackout" backup?
Finally when everyone tries to stuff themselves on the backs of others, the only fault of your installer is to have given you the references of the products he intended to install.

Provide only the guarantees, but never give too many details otherwise the competence is not rewarded and you are well pissed off by little bobo which is sold ecolo. In the distance, there is the little Chinese who wonders why he sells his batteries and PV so cheaply, as the scam is widespread at all levels.

Good luck
0 x
Camon2312
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Camon2312 » 20/01/23, 17:00

SebastianL wrote:

That if you still don't know what this famous current sensor is for, it's because you're either hard on the paper because he necessarily had to explain the situation to you or you have to piss him off or trick him in any way.

Is it so hard to say that your primary goal is a network injection, with a lot of CSPE tax and that your battery is for "blackout" backup?
Finally when everyone tries to stuff themselves on the backs of others, the only fault of your installer is to have given you the references of the products he intended to install.

Provide only the guarantees, but never give too many details otherwise the competence is not rewarded and you are well pissed off by little bobo which is sold ecolo. In the distance, there is the little Chinese who wonders why he sells his batteries and PV so cheaply, as the scam is widespread at all levels.

Good luck

For your information, he never explained to us what this sensor was used for and besides he should have placed it to complete the installation. Our mistake was to pay for everything thinking that everything was in order. And now that we want to install a battery, he overcharges this operation by integrating what he should have installed at the base.
If you have the impression of being taken for a fool, I suggest that you no longer "help" others by pretending to be something you are not.
And you can keep your assumptions to yourself, it's so much easier to judge without knowing the ins and outs.
Good luck to you too.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/23, 17:06

SebastianL wrote:

You're hard on him: there are better installers than others...to put it politely, already placing inverters under a hydraulic network is a serious mistake in my opinion...but hey, I have to be a perfectionist eh ! : Lol:

SebastianL wrote:Is it so hard to say that your primary goal is a network injection, with a lot of CSPE tax and that your battery is for "blackout" backup?

He is in Belgium eh...no CSPE...but on the contrary a prosumer tax which penalizes regardless of aid received ALL PV installations...

Bon Seb, calm down, have you seen the latest info I posted on wax (and paper bricks)?
0 x