Connect a battery to 2 Sungrow inverters

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Christophe

Re: Connecting a battery to 2 Sungrow inverters

by Christophe » 20/01/23, 14:22

Camon2312 wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:If you only want to measure the solar production in this case, yes you have to connect the 2... normally they do not inject on the same phase.

Complement: even if they inject on the same phase, measuring only once risks being out of sensor level range (I don't know its tolerances) but above all of the software that analyzes the data...

So yes connect the 2.

For the moment I have this as information available.

Interesting: a priori he knows how to distinguish what is injected and self-consumed?

For this you need more than the 2 production sensors at the inverter output... your whole house is connected to these 2 inverters (it seems to me not since you said that they injected on 1 phase out of the 3 used )?
0 x
Camon2312
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Camon2312 » 20/01/23, 14:28

Christophe wrote:
Camon2312 wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Complement: even if they inject on the same phase, measuring only once risks being out of sensor level range (I don't know its tolerances) but above all of the software that analyzes the data...

So yes connect the 2.

For the moment I have this as information available.

Interesting: a priori he knows how to distinguish what is injected and self-consumed?

For this you need more than the 2 production sensors at the inverter output... your whole house is connected to these 2 inverters (it seems to me not since you said that they injected on 1 phase out of the 3 used )?

The missing information is that which comes from the meter. Hence the installation of Energy meters. At least I guess...
What I know is that at the start of the inverters there is, for each one, a cable that goes to the electrical panel. I have to admit that I don't know how he made his connections and I don't know much about electricity.
Attachments
20230119_175124.jpg
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/23, 14:37

These 2 cables are most likely the synchronization and current injection cables...I'm not sure that the inverters can communicate with a meter, even Linky-type electronics, but it's possible...What do you have? as a counter?

Normally these 2 cables must go through an intermediate electrical panel with a circuit breaker specially for the solar installation... but it is possible to put this circuit breaker in the main panel.

Follow them and take a picture of where they come from.

What's the orange wiring that's screwing up (brothel in French)?

Otherwise sorry to tell you that but putting inverters under a hydraulic network and particularly apparently under or not far from a safety group (= possibility of abundant leakage in the event of removal), it is not terrible at all in terms of electrical safety !
0 x
Camon2312
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Camon2312 » 20/01/23, 14:39

Christophe wrote:These 2 cables are most likely the synchronization and current injection cables...I'm not sure that the inverters can communicate with a meter, even Linky-type electronics, but it's possible...What do you have? as a counter?

Normally these 2 cables must go through an intermediate electrical panel with a circuit breaker specially for the solar installation... but it is possible to put this circuit breaker in the main panel.

Follow them and take a picture of where they come from.

What's the orange wiring that's screwing up (brothel in French)?

I have a communicating meter.
I follow them and take a picture tomorrow.
This is the Box for the internet connection, eventually it will be connected differently but we are still in the works. :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/23, 14:46

Ah well then it is possible that the inverters communicate with the communicating meter and recover the information by carrier wave (CPL). It's a good feature!

I wouldn't know it existed, the meter manufacturers gave the security keys to other manufacturers suddenly...or has it been open (bar) from the start? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Camon2312
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Camon2312 » 20/01/23, 14:51

Christophe wrote:Ah well then it is possible that the inverters communicate with the communicating meter and recover the information by carrier wave (CPL). It's a good feature!

I wouldn't know it existed, the meter manufacturers gave the security keys to other manufacturers suddenly...or has it been open from the start? : Mrgreen:

I don't know, on my first printscreen there is no data coming from the electrical network. On the other hand, the counter knows how much is sent on the network during overproduction.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/23, 15:23

I think there is a configuration missing somewhere for the inverters to receive the CPL message from the meter...(if it is possible).

It's quite locked in technology (otherwise it's the door open to cheating) so I'm surprised that it's possible...but it's not impossible!

I wonder if your clamps shouldn't rather be put on the CONSUMPTION side... since the inverter knows internally what it produces, huh.
The problem is that in three-phase it would take 3... there you can only count 2/3 of your network...
0 x
Camon2312
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Camon2312 » 20/01/23, 15:25

Christophe wrote:I think there is a configuration missing somewhere for the inverters to receive the CPL message from the meter...(if it is possible).

Energy Meters?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/23, 15:26

No, PLC is the communicating function of smart meters that use electrical cables to exchange information...with your energy supplier.

Like your consumption and power... no more cheating on the meter and bridging...

Hence the fact that it is locked as a technology and hence the fact that it surprises me that some inverters can use this data, but it is possible!

ps: I edited my last posts a bit...
0 x
Camon2312
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Camon2312 » 20/01/23, 15:35

Christophe wrote:I wonder if your clamps shouldn't rather be put on the CONSUMPTION side... since the inverter knows internally what it produces, huh.
The problem is that in three-phase it would take 3... there you can only count 2/3 of your network...

Maybe that's why he planned a three-phase network management box for a single-phase inverter?
But I don't know where to get it... except at the other one... :)
Little by little I am discovering how this system works...
1 x