Connect a battery to 2 Sungrow inverters

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Connecting a battery to 2 Sungrow inverters

by SebastianL » 21/01/23, 00:06

sicetaitsimple wrote:
SebastianL wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:
It is false, or else it is a kit (therefore excluding installation) and excluding taxes.
Hey, do an engaging quote including installation tax for Phil59 for your 4kWc and your 12kWh battery, I'm sure it's going to interest him. Don't forget to copy us...

No, it's delivered and installed, the only important detail is that my client agreed to help me install the panels on a large garden shed that he had planned for this purpose. And it is true that the inverter is just a victron 3kva so small, reliable and quickly found the day or it grid.
If you have customers near me, I take!

Nice kick in touch, which does not answer the question.
So, this engaging quote for 4kWp and 12kWh of battery? Let's say for simplicity that the difficulties of installation are in the average, moreover as its pseudo indicates it Phil59 is located in the department of the North (for the calculation of the transport).
So, what does it give TTC and installation included?

I don't know, I think my advantage also comes from the fact that my profit is only taxed at 13%.
For transport, the freighter delivers the pallets to me after I arrange with the client.
I'm not interested in a long-distance customer, there's the follow-up and the reputation, without that you're obliged to do everything in detail and in the end we'll do it to you upside down.
I prefer to do the best, that the customer is happy it is he who brings me the other customers who will not ask me any questions

PS: are you RGE?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/01/23, 15:33

To come back to the initial question (the title of the thread), I personally think, after looking through the few notices of the material available on the Net, that the answer is definitely NO.
It is not about the power cables, a good handyman having recovered second-hand batteries must certainly be able to get out of a diagram two inverters and a battery with not necessarily optimal operation.
But in the case of this material which seems rather "top of the range" the software ensuring the "intelligent" communication between the inverter and the battery, the associated connectors, do not provide for it.
There are certainly solutions associating a battery about half the size of each of the inverters, but I will not venture into this area, on the one hand I do not have the skills, and on the other hand the advisers do not are not the payers.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/01/23, 17:23

sicetaitsimple wrote:To come back to the initial question (the title of the thread), I personally think, after looking through the few notices of the material available on the Net, that the answer is definitely NO.
It is not about the power cables, a good handyman having recovered second-hand batteries must certainly be able to get out of a diagram two inverters and a battery with not necessarily optimal operation.

A simple trick to test would be to connect the 2 inverters in series to 1 battery...that is to say that the + battery of the 1st inverter = - of the second...

Each inverter would work including a 1/2 battery at the voltage level...

On a misunderstanding it can work... : Mrgreen:
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 21/01/23, 17:29

Canbus and rs485 are addressable and are provided as standard for star network, so making the Y cable is a possibility even if the functional interest - a battery 2 inverters - is close to zero
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/01/23, 17:34

Christophe wrote:A simple trick to test would be to connect the 2 inverters in series to 1 battery...that is to say that the + battery of the 1st inverter = - of the second...

I leave you the full responsibility for this proposal....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/01/23, 18:48

SebastianL wrote:Canbus and rs485 are addressable and are provided as standard for star network, so making the Y cable is a possibility even if the functional interest - a battery 2 inverters - is close to zero

If the current can pass in both directions via the Y (and there is no reason why it cannot: a battery charges and discharges via the inverter), electrically it is quite possible if the battery does at least 2 times the minimum voltage required...

If the battery is communicating, it probably won't work...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/01/23, 18:55

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Christophe wrote:A simple trick to test would be to connect the 2 inverters in series to 1 battery...that is to say that the + battery of the 1st inverter = - of the second...

I leave you the full responsibility for this proposal....

the-tanned-do-skiing.gif
les-bronzés-font-du-ski.gif (3.76 MiB) Viewed 1735 times
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/01/23, 19:04

Christophe wrote:If the current can flow in both directions via the Y ....

Uh, I think we're talking about a communication bus here...not power cables.
But I may be wrong.....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/01/23, 19:14

Possible my remark remains valid...obviously we cannot put a Y on the communicating buses (except to hack the software...)...

Proprietary battery communicating buses are just for business so that a UPS cannot work with batteries from other brands...or no brand...

The BMS can very well be integrated into the battery and operate in total autonomy: the inverter doesn't care about balancing, what it wants is a battery in good condition and that a BMS can do it in a independent.

But hey, we're used to this kind of method...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 21/01/23, 19:26

Bah, €10, it may be with a "bonus".

But 3 kWp seems fair to me, even with 3 kVA network backup, because of the EV.

Even if in winter, we drive a little less, we stay between 1500-2000 km per month.

Me, it's installed on the ground, in the garden, on the other hand, I will have more than 6 kWp in the long run, fairly large hybrid inverter, with several independent strings, and
and having a 10-12 kWh battery with 3 kWp of panels is too much battery for 3 kWp.

I will increase in power, over time, I think to arrive in the 10-12 kWp, and the 40-100 kWh of batteries.

Charging the EV from battery to battery, no, I don't see the point, currently.

And as usual, before 17 p.m., he is not there.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock: