Frisquet hydrocomfort boiler 23 kW

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Frisquet hydrocomfort boiler 23 kW

by Exnihiloest » 12/12/22, 16:46

phil59 wrote:Here is the boiler, (I believe that is its name), which replaced the Riello 52 kW boiler, which I had, and which gave up the ghost in 2020-2021.

I first replaced it with a model bought for 20-30€ 10 km from my house, it lasted almost the winter, and there, for some time, I put one back on, the same one, because I'm starting to know, there a lot of 2 bought 200 €.

Watch out for the Frisquets. I had one of the kind that I had to change. It must have been around 20 years old and rusted from the inside, sending a kind of magnetic filings into the PEX piping which ended up clogging everything. I had to learn about sludge removal after my plumber threw in the towel. It was tedious but I ended up recovering the installation. I suspected the radiators for a while, so I replaced everything with aluminum radiators.
So distrust with the wrecks recovered here or there. Whoever got mine would have had some setbacks...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 12/12/22, 16:55

Aluminum radiator, not good at all for boilers.

*I don't have too much sludge, the system is drained, and in the summer, I don't hesitate to put down a radiator here and there, to rinse it well, and toss the mud in it, which accumulates over time. time.

The first one I had recovered, it had remained like that for more than a year, but there was still water in it, so less corrosion in the air.

But she soon fled...

This one is all "clean", and before putting on my circuit, I rinse well.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 12/12/22, 17:42

phil59 wrote:Aluminum radiator, not good at all for boilers.

*I don't have too much sludge, the system is drained, and in the summer, I don't hesitate to put down a radiator here and there, to rinse it well, and toss the mud in it, which accumulates over time. time.

In any case, at the last annual overhaul, where I asked them to inject a corrosion inhibitor product that I had purchased, they told me "no need", and as proof, the clarity of the water in the circuit after 4 years. Before, the water was brown, and every year we had to start over.

An aluminum radiator does not oxidize, or superficially. There's no logical reason why they shouldn't be good for heating. In addition, better conductors of heat, they heat up faster when needed. I certainly don't regret it, even if the sludge from before came more certainly from the boiler than from the old radiators.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/12/22, 17:47

an aluminum radiator inserted into the heating circuit at my house (cast iron on the ground floor and steel upstairs) it had been a hell of a pain ... It caused the creation of I don't know what gas in the circuit ... J I had to purge constantly... Once removed... No more worries...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
reinoso
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by reinoso » 12/12/22, 17:56

Macro wrote:an aluminum radiator inserted into the heating circuit at my house (cast iron on the ground floor and steel upstairs) it had been a hell of a pain ... It caused the creation of I don't know what gas in the circuit ... J I had to purge constantly... Once removed... No more worries...

he may have put an aluminum boiler and plastic pipes!
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 12/12/22, 18:42

Macro wrote:an aluminum radiator inserted into the heating circuit at my house (cast iron on the ground floor and steel upstairs) it had been a hell of a pain ... It caused the creation of I don't know what gas in the circuit ... J I had to purge constantly... Once removed... No more worries...

Possible that there is some electrolysis effect if the pipes are made of copper, copper / aluminum making a good oxidation-reduction couple. With PER, not this problem.
0 x