Frisquet hydrocomfort boiler 23 kW

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Frisquet hydrocomfort boiler 23 kW

by sicetaitsimple » 11/12/22, 20:35

It was meant to be a little humorous, hence the :D :D :D .
But of course you do as you feel.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 11/12/22, 20:45

sicetaitsimple wrote:It was meant to be a little humorous, hence the :D :D :D .
But of course you do as you feel.

I understood the :D :D :D . That is not the question.

But what to do simple, by super green, because the boiler is not at all.
Then there is recovery and use.

I take my risks, for me, very limited, but not great.

You can stay within the standards, or adapt them, to your person, your expectations, your priorities.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 11/12/22, 20:58

Phil59 by reconnecting your gas (or on a clone boiler, did you notice on the inlet of the pipe on the boiler...
- If there was a sieve mesh to stop the junk coming through the pipe upstream?
- If there was an 8mm pad of "sand" (to soften the flow)?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 11/12/22, 20:59

Leo Maximus wrote:I turned on my Chaffoteaux and Maury Celtic boiler (of poor reputation) last September to test it, result OK. She has 28 years of service.

A month later second test and there the needle rises to 100°C and it starts to boil. Fortunately, the security worked. The circulator does not turn.

Before calling the plumber, I opened the machine and found that the circulator was not blocked due to wear or limestone. It runs perfectly well. So I looked at the side of the capacitor which is in a plastic box. Turns out I have a PEAK Atlas ESR 70 capacitor tester. Measuring the capacitor gave the response "failed".

The faulty capacitor was replaced for €4 and my boiler is now running perfectly, phew! A new circulator and a plumber's intervention (after the winter? : Mrgreen: ) would have cost me how much? Between 500 and 1000€ maybe.

Failures of electric motors in household appliances are often caused by a simple faulty capacitor.

Permanent capacitor.JPG
Polypropylene permanent capacitor 2,5 µF/450 volts (Made in Romania):
https://www.e44.com/composants/composan ... 2.5UF.html

Test at ESR-70.JPG
FYI, I bought the ESR 70 Atlas on an English site, half the price, and delivered in 48 hours :D

A circulator can be changed very easily. And when I had had a boiler "expert" on the phone, all the "safeties" had already been circumvented, to heat. And for me, it was the "ionizer" which no longer worked.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 11/12/22, 21:00

gegyx wrote:Phil59 by reconnecting your gas (or on a clone boiler, did you notice on the inlet of the pipe on the boiler...
- If there was a sieve mesh to stop the junk coming through the pipe upstream?
- If there was an 8mm pad of "sand" (to soften the flow)?

No, not seen that.
1 x

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 11/12/22, 21:13

phil59 wrote:[

Well, I regret my message a little, because basically I am for the "reasonable" extension of the life of equipment (vehicle, boiler, etc.) even if their environmental performance is not at the top.
Then it's a question of risk assessment, if I understood correctly in your case you have more than a backup with your boiler stove. A breakdown will therefore not be dramatic. The question is different if you only have one means of heating, in addition a little obsolete with risks of non-availability of spare parts (and heating engineer...).
In your case, with the addition of a stock of spare parts, it is certainly a good choice.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 11/12/22, 21:28

phil59 wrote: A circulator can be changed very easily. And when I had had a boiler "expert" on the phone, all the "safeties" had already been circumvented, to heat. And for me, it was the "ionizer" which no longer worked.

Sure that the plumber would have offered to change my 28-year-old boiler for a few thousand euros! While the capacitor cost me 4! :D
After 20 years, spare parts are less and less available.
Last edited by Leo Maximus the 11 / 12 / 22, 21: 58, 1 edited once.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 11/12/22, 21:51

Leo Maximus wrote:
phil59 wrote: A circulator can be changed very easily. And when I had had a boiler "expert" on the phone, all the "safeties" had already been circumvented, to heat. And for me, it was the "ionizer" which no longer worked.

Sure that the plumber would have offered to change my 28-year-old boiler for a few thousand euros! While the capacitor cost me 4! :D

Well, totally agree, the circulators are often the condo to change, after having "turned it by hand".

Circulators, in addition to the original ones, I have some in advance, found at 10-20€, on LBC.

For so little, there's no picture.
1 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 11/12/22, 21:59

sicetaitsimple wrote:
phil59 wrote:[

Well, I regret my message a little, because basically I am for the "reasonable" extension of the life of equipment (vehicle, boiler, etc.) even if their environmental performance is not at the top.
Then it's a question of risk assessment, if I understood correctly in your case you have more than a backup with your boiler stove. A breakdown will therefore not be dramatic. The question is different if you only have one means of heating, in addition a little obsolete with risks of non-availability of spare parts (and heating engineer...).
In your case, with the addition of a stock of spare parts, it is certainly a good choice.

Yes, by "looking a little", it's not that complicated. As you say, the parts, I have some, and the labor, too! : Lol:

All it takes is for the heater core to show no signs of leaking, in fact.
But it is also capricious, if you want to replace the circulator with another, well, the electronics, I don't know why, a question may be of impedance, refuses to work.

I had tried deleting parts, and it doesn't work, even if everything is ok next door.
0 x

gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 11/12/22, 22:37

On the Hydromotrix of 1976, there is nothing electronic. : Cheesy: and it's timeless : Lol:
Everything revolves around the 3-way valve, sophisticated mechanics:

-The constant pilot light heats a sensor which pressurizes the air of a fine pipe pushing a valve piston and cutting off the main gas when the pilot light goes out.
-For the temperature probes, idem; the temperature acts on the expansion of the gas in the fine pipe and has an action on the piston of the 3-way valve.

So change, for the obsolete?

The circulator, running directly on 230v, with a 2-speed button and an on-off button. Then the replacement of the circulator would not be difficult.
Once a year at start-up, I turn by hand and put a drop of oil on the axle.
0 x