Sudinfo: false heating advice from a pseudo-expert to NOT save energy!

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Re: Sudinfo: false heating advice from a pseudo expert to NOT save energy!

by Christophe » 02/12/22, 18:34

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Christophe wrote:phil re-read my example of the car...3 times if necessary...because obviously it doesn't fit!

I do not wish to create a controversy, because I agree on the substance.
But the example of the 180-->120-->180 car really doesn't seem to speak to me, precisely because there is almost no inertia, in a few seconds (in one direction) or tens of seconds (in the another), we find ourselves in a perfectly stable state with no difference in comfort for the passengers.
Which is obviously false in the case of a home whose temperature settings are changed or whose heating is cut off, totally or partially, for a few days.

There is certainly a better analogy to be found, but we can equate travel comfort via speed (I arrive faster) with thermal comfort (I'm warmer) and especially car consumption, everyone understands! (I believe...I hope...)

There are few people who have fuel oil meters that give them their hourly or daily consumption, huh! Otherwise this urban legend would not exist for a long time...

That's why I chose this example of analogy, but you can find dozens of others!
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 02/12/22, 19:40

In fact, for a WE, when it's cold, it's better that I stop everything. But start warming up a little earlier.

For a short week, start heating the day before, almost.

I understood, a few years ago, with a friend, who complained that his apartment on the northern coast was very cold, and very long to heat up, after a long absence.

Several years ago, I rented an apartment next to his, for New Year's.

And one year, I was the first to arrive on the scene, with his keys too.

And, 1 or 2 degrees out, and the breaker wouldn't trip, all "mini breaker" off.
Main circuit breaker out of order and calls Enedis, therefore. Super cold in the apartment, but luckily I had the friend's key.

Well, 2 hours after putting everything to heat up, 12° in the apartment. Electric heating, no toasters, but not top notch either.

Enedis arrived, around 18 p.m. (yes it happens on December 30), to put the juice back in the rented apartment, and change the circuit breaker.

Around 20 p.m., the friends arrived, and 15° in the apartment, and ours 11° .... Gla-Gla.

I understand better, when he says, to put the heating on the day before his arrival...

The apartments are on the ground floor, rather well insulated, one side in front and behind in the air.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 02/12/22, 19:46

Christophe wrote:...
You see you can to agree with a dangerous "conspirator" !! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Of course, when he's not talking about a conspiracy. However, note that it's rare, I'll let you guess why.
0 x
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by LOGIC12 » 03/12/22, 03:31

hello, We do not manage central heating and electric heating in quite the same way.

It is also necessary to make the difference between a well thermally insulated house and not or little insulated. A well-insulated house, especially on the inside, heats up very quickly, whereas a house with little or no insulation will take a very long time to heat up. There is also the notion of comfort: in an uninsulated house if the heating has been turned off, we will be very cold practically for a day. You also have to look at the duration. If you're away for a week or more, there's no reason to think it's in your interest to cut or leave frost protection; If we are absent for 2 hours or half a day, even a day, personally, I lower the heating a little, but I don't cut it. And also, it's easier to manage a small area than a big house.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/12/22, 10:50

Yes Logic12, it makes sense! We can add that there are people who are more cautious than others...

But isolated or not, that doesn't change the basic principle: heating more rooms permanently will consume more...because that's what we're talking about and not thermal comfort, even if it's linked...

Well I think the case is closed ... right?
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."