Boiler circulation problem

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Boiler circulation problem

by phil59 » 29/11/22, 16:17

You won't have much domestic hot water, even if the tank is at 80°....

Also, I assume the coil is food grade, and the tub is.

I will also say that the coil is already "contaminated" by the stove, rust, mud, etc ....

This is all just my opinion.

The easiest way for everything would be to put back a hot water buffer tank, without coil, between 100, mini from mini, to 200, maybe, I don't know how to calculate this kind of thing .... To see this what you find on LBC, and how you negotiate, generally, it does not sell well. What big city are you near?

My 500L, just the stove which heats up by rounding up to 2X yours, in power, cannot heat the balloon correctly.

THE reserve of the buffer tank is only used to raise the pressure, and the TP at 95-100° from the stove.

You can always feed your DHW by the stove, but at the same time the buffer tank, and put a valve, automatic or not, which closes the coil when the DHW tp is hotter than the buffer tank...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 29/11/22, 16:59

phil59 wrote:Take the pb upside down....

You're the one taking the problem upside down.
At the moment our friend has a setup that is not working or working poorly because the traffic in the loop is definitely light, erratic, and maybe even zero in some cases. The fault of a thermosiphon that does not prime, or at least not enough.
Adding a ball, or two, or three, will not change anything.
It is therefore necessary to start by adding a circulator, in accordance with the recommendations of the manufacturer of the cooker, and see how it works.
It will be high time to see then if it is necessary to increase the storage capacity to deal with possible incidents, knowing that, contrary to what had been said previously, the power of the boiler would not be 9kW , but between 3,5 and 5,5kW.
0 x
Beran
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Beran » 29/11/22, 17:17

sicetaitsimple wrote:

At the moment our friend has a setup that is not working or working poorly because the traffic in the loop is definitely light, erratic, and maybe even zero in some cases. The fault of a thermosiphon that does not prime, or at least not enough.
It is therefore necessary to start by adding a circulator, in accordance with the recommendations of the manufacturer of the cooker, and see how it works.
It will be high time to see then if it is necessary to increase the storage capacity to deal with possible incidents, knowing that, contrary to what had been said previously, the power of the boiler would not be 9kW , but between 3,5 and 5,5kW.

Go yes I do it in order before getting scared : roll:
You have already informed me well about the problem, that's great.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 29/11/22, 17:46

sicetaitsimple wrote:

The thermosiphon works well a priori, until it heats up too much, and it ends up running out of water in the circuit.

So putting a circulator, in any case, will not hurt, anyway, it can only improve the system, but will not solve the problem of heating.
In the different assemblies that I have seen with stove or wood boiler, there is always a buffer tank, and if hot water production, in addition, a DHW tank ... so the 2 rooms, or only one which has 2 different tanks, but a priori it is rare.

So you, how did you do your "boiler" assembly?
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 29/11/22, 18:33

phil59 wrote:So you, how did you do your "boiler" assembly?

I don't have a "boiler assembly", which doesn't prevent me from having some vague knowledge of heat exchange.
By the way, yours is thermosyphon?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 29/11/22, 18:39

I think that with a stove on the ground floor, and a buffer tank in the cellar, it would be miraculous.

No, I have a circulator....
0 x

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 29/11/22, 18:44

phil59 wrote:I think that with a stove on the ground floor, and a buffer tank in the cellar, it would be miraculous.

Well, you are excused! : Lol:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 29/11/22, 19:04

sicetaitsimple wrote:
phil59 wrote:I think that with a stove on the ground floor, and a buffer tank in the cellar, it would be miraculous.

Like what, you don't really read the posts...
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 29/11/22, 19:09

Christophe doesn't have a boiler stove or one of the kind, for the winter, to produce his hot water?

Him, the surplus is either radiators or the heat exchanger "pool" for the hydro panels ....
0 x

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 29/11/22, 19:30

phil59 wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:

Like what, you don't really read the posts...

I read them, I don't necessarily remember everything, especially in your case because it's sometimes a bit messy...
You should include the circulators on the diagram of your installation, and more generally the direction of the fluids, it might make it easier to read.
1 x