To be a judge in France....

philosophical debates and companies.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

To be a judge in France....

by phil59 » 23/11/22, 21:16

According to what I "believed or not" even, in France, to be a judge, you don't have to have special knowledge of law, but rather have a good general knowledge, a good open-mindedness, that have a good knowledge of law...

What do you think ?

I think to myself, something stupid...

Many modern vehicles report to you when the white line is exceeded, or mismanagement of your driving zone, and many, electric or not, are connected to a server...

From there, enforcing the "code", "stupidly and meanly", would be possible, and each deviation could be verbalized.

Small example, because, just with a vehicle, we could tax the same driver several times a day. What can be is already done in other proportions, without even necessarily being what is called "a public danger" for others.

Is it essential to enforce the law, at all costs, and put a machine, which gives, guilty or not, without any analysis, or put a human person, with all his faults, his flaws, his prejudices, and moreover, to be a human, to assess a situation?

Shocking, yes, that's for sure.

Do we assume that a straight line is the shortest path, forgetting all the "holes" that there may be, or can we see, a little, to make certain detours, and not fall into all the holes?

I don't know, but at least a mixed could be a solution, or not?
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: To be a judge in France....

by jean.caissepas » 23/11/22, 22:17

My cousin studied law over 30 years ago to become a judge.

Of the places available in the competition, 80% were reserved for the sons of judges....

One more mafia apparently...

They did not succeed and did something else because the profession of lawyer did not interest her.
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 23/11/22, 22:25

Probably much less than that now, but it's easier.

And the preparation for the competition, in Bordeaux, is a little... special, let's say.

But it's also not an enviable place for someone who takes his job to heart.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Christophe

by Christophe » 24/11/22, 09:09

phil59 wrote:According to what I "believed or not" even, in France, to be a judge, you don't have to have special knowledge of law, but rather have a good general knowledge, a good open-mindedness, that have a good knowledge of law...

You thought wrong...

No, you just have to go to the school of the judiciary...dedicated to the best who have done preliminary studies in law (license, master...)...so if you have to have "some knowledge" in law... .
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 24/11/22, 10:27

To pass the competition, absolutely not.

The selection is made on the culture G, and open-mindedness, the law is very little there.

At the magistracy school, it's another story, but you have to pass the competition.

Competition, after, "if you entered a court", you can pass internally, with a fairly high success rate.
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 24/11/22, 11:48

Ah and so you think that at the school of the judiciary we do not study the law according to your first message above? : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

It's true that in engineering schools we don't really study mechanics anymore...
(I am one of the last survivors! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:)

ps: do you have an example of the contest so that we can...JUDGE for ourselves since you seem to have seen one? : Mrgreen:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 24/11/22, 12:47

I have one of my kids, the one who has a master's degree in law, did prep in Bordeaux, I drove her there once or twice, when I took the opportunity to spend several days in the area with my wife ...

I see her on Sunday, I'll ask her if she still has the subjects.

But it's sure, from what she told me, the law, finally her in-depth knowledge, was not the pure theme.

There were, roughly speaking, about fifty G culture works on which she could fall back to support "her words".

Those who were most successful were people who studied at Sciences-Po, for example.
1 x