Filling boiler HS France innova 30

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
boomcox
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Filling boiler HS France innova 30

by boomcox » 22/11/22, 21:27

Well, I'll give it a try anyway. I had discussed this subject on the forum : heating-insulation/coupling-boiler-wood-gas-t17080.html reading the advice of experts, it works. I'll see.

So I'm going to connect the gas boiler to the coil, that should do it.

Thank you all for your advice.

Nicolas
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 23/11/22, 14:04

boumbocox wrote:Hello,
The boiler is an HS France Innova 30 with a 1500 liter HS France KSTS-2 tank.
Yes, this tank will also make domestic hot water but without using the coils.

Dede2002, you got it how this balloon works, do you think I can take the hot water (heating) to put it in the gas boiler input?
Will there be enough heat exchange? For me, it should do it but if someone can confirm it?

Thank you for your help
Nicolas

I do not quite understand your question, as I have already written, I do not see the need to separate the radiators and the boilers by an exchanger.
It would be easier to decouple with a v3v.
An exchanger is necessary to separate circuits of different pressure, with a loss of temperature (the power of an exchanger is proportional to the delta t°, if delta t = 0, power = 0).

This system seems suitable for intermittent energies, wood or solar, with an efficient storage system and DHW production.

It does not seem economical to me to heat a 1500 liter balloon with gas. For the winter if the balloon is cold, I would connect the radiators directly to the gas boiler (with the v3v). For the summer, you have to choose how you are going to produce your DHW. (wood, gas or other?)
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 23/11/22, 17:05

As I said at the start, different sources can mix both in the tank, even without valves, and for wood, not going through the coil.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/11/22, 17:29

dede2002 wrote:This system seems suitable for intermittent energies, wood or solar, with an efficient storage system and DHW production.

Exactly, I would even say drink et solar, the solar doing the job during the summer, in particular for the production of DHW and at least part of the "heating" job in mid-season, by exchanging via the bottom coil.
Without solar, it becomes a 1500l tank with production of DHW by wood (for example), which in this case must rather be done by providing heat through the top coil to avoid heating the entire tank, especially in summer. .
There what our friend is looking for is a more or less hybrid wood/gas production, which does not seem obvious to me to implement from the operating point of view except to say "100% wood via the balloon" or "100% gas via gas", which if I understood correctly you would recommend.
And besides, 1500l of hot water may seem like a lot, but if it's for heating use, it's not that much. 50 kWh roughly if the tank is completely full at 60°C and is exhausted up to 30°C. Mid-season OK, but in the middle of winter we are far from the mark for an average home.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 23/11/22, 18:13

You forget that the boiler heats very strongly for a short time, that you have to evacuate the calories very quickly in the balloon.

The balloon will allow the heat from the radiators to be slowly diffused.

I do not have a diagram of my assembly, but roughly speaking, as the arrival of the wood stove is 'far' from the gas boiler and the departure of the radiators, and as copper is quite expensive, the first 2 meters are in copper, and the rest is in PER, in 20, but I have two departures, one which goes to the radiators directly, and the other to the balloon.

From the gas boiler, it also goes directly into the radiators, and consequently, also into the tank.

If the balloon valves are open, of course.

So everything works at the same time, in the winter.

Depending on the outside tp, I heat the balloon to X°, like 45°, and if the 45° are not there, below 43°, for example, the boiler is triggered.

My boiler is an old one, all or nothing, no modulation. The balloon serves as a bit of a regulator.

On the other hand, the stove alone cannot heat the house alone, nor the balloon, with these 7.5 kWh, nor even the balloon, or else it takes several days.

The stove allows me to practically maintain the tp alone when we are there, to feed it.

Currently, the balloon is not yet in use. I just have the "small" 100L.

Currently, it is probably around 12-15 kWh (at 50°) roughly speaking of radiators that are running...
Even before I reassemble the boiler, starting the stove early, with a tp at 10° during the day, it warms up the house fairly quickly, with ceiling heights between 3 and 3.20m.

And on that, when I have a heat pump running, it comes to play with all that....

I didn't think I could heat with 7.5 kWh water from the stove, but as long as the tp's don't drop too much, it does...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/11/22, 18:45

phil59 wrote:I don't have a diagram of my assembly,

Honestly, it would be nice if you made the effort to produce one. Because there, it is quite incomprehensible, even being of good will.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 23/11/22, 19:10

I have rarely made a diagram, when everything is clear in the head, it's good.

When you can't do it in your head, it's because I'm not in a state...

I had to make a draft of it when we moved sites in 2008, for the computer room, the various bays, the telephony, etc., but it was roughly only a light diagram, to have it validated by the " high authorities" of the company's informatics ....

There were sockets numbered up to 600-700, in fact 300-400 sockets, lots of switch(es)?, fibers, etc....

When I passed my BAC, in the section where I was, there was a lot of math, physics, but also "workshop" including automation ... electric or pneumatic.

When there were big edits to do, it was always me who did them, no real method to tell the truth, but it always works, and the more connections there were, the faster it was for me, because the more interesting.
0 x

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/11/22, 19:20

phil59 wrote:I have rarely made a diagram, when everything is clear in the head, it's good.

I understand, but if it's clear in your head it's not necessarily clear in other people's... That's what a diagram is for...to be shared without having to imagine (often at wrong) what the other may have meant.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 23/11/22, 19:27

sicetaitsimple wrote:
phil59 wrote:I have rarely made a diagram, when everything is clear in the head, it's good.

I understand, but if it's clear in your head it's not necessarily clear in other people's... That's what a diagram is for...to be shared without having to imagine (often at wrong) what the other may have meant.

I know .... I don't really know how to do it, everything comes at the same time ....

And when it's too schematic....

I have been criticized for this more than once at work....
0 x