Touch screen and ETA 15 Pu boiler pressure gauge

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Cow
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Touch screen and ETA 15 Pu boiler pressure gauge

by Cow » 04/11/22, 21:26

Hello,
My ETA 15 Pu pellet boiler has had an anomaly for some time that intrigues me a lot.
The pressure displayed on the touch screen is different from that indicated on the boiler pressure gauge.
In addition, if the pressure indicated on the gauge remains stable, that displayed on the screen makes the yoyo. And it happens that the latter drops below the lower value of the factory preset pressure and that an alert message then appears on the screen indicating insufficient pressure, then rises above this lower limit at the end of a moment when the boiler heats up, the value of the mano remaining immutable.
My heating engineer does not understand what is happening and cannot explain this strange discrepancy so I turn to the experts on this forum in order to obtain some leads to try to arrive at a resolution of the problem.
With my warmest thanks.
Sincerely.
1 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Touch screen and boiler pressure gauge

by Forhorse » 04/11/22, 22:24

Well, already when you have a doubt about 2 indicators that are supposed to measure the same thing but which give a different value, you have to bring in a third one, which you are sure of its proper functioning.
Without that we can't know if it's the pressure gauge that's blocked, or if it's the electronic pressure sensor that's messing up...
1 x
Cow
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Touch screen and boiler pressure gauge

by Cow » 05/11/22, 16:27

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
Following your suggestion I looked at the mano installed on the clarinet and the value indicated corresponds to that of the mano of the boiler.
Would that therefore tend towards a pressure sensor problem?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Touch screen and ETA 15 Pu boiler pressure gauge

by phil59 » 05/11/22, 18:46

It's probably the boiler sensor, and also probably the most annoying, because it will eventually stop the boiler, and even if the season is still mild, it's not necessarily the right time.

So, don't take too long to do it.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 05/11/22, 18:57

it can be the sensor, or what is upstream or downstream... in any case it is most likely on this measurement chain.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 05/11/22, 19:02

The simplest is the sensor.

On my parents' car, the tp goes up to more than 100° in 2 minutes, and no other symptoms.

The sensor disconnects.

The simplest, often, is the simplest, and it's arguably one of the cheapest, and easiest to easy pieces to make.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 05/11/22, 19:22

The sensor is the simplest and probably the cheapest yes, but it can also be before the sensor...
Considering the application it is not impossible that the pressure tapping pipe is blocked by corrosion, limestone or solidified sludge.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 05/11/22, 19:31

Forhorse wrote:The sensor is the simplest and probably the cheapest yes, but it can also be before the sensor...
Considering the application it is not impossible that the pressure tapping pipe is blocked by corrosion, limestone or solidified sludge.

It's true, and just a cleaning might just help....
0 x

Cow
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Cow » 05/11/22, 22:12

Thanks for these leads. Now there is more than...
0 x