Cumulus gas consumption monitoring

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
PVresistif
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Cumulus gas consumption monitoring

by PVresistif » 15/12/22, 12:07

Hello
I had a 10 L gas water heater with pilot light (Styx) for 150 years; the burner never worked, only the night light was enough to provide hot water (for 2 people); from time to time the outlet pipe would clog due to scale; indeed when with the pilot light on there is no regulation of the temperature and it rose well beyond 60°C when we were absent ..... I never stopped the gas for fear of having a pb to relight the pilot light (thermocouple).
From this experience I learned: remove any gas water heater with pilot light, very high cost, and important maintenance if hard water
It was between 2005 and 2015, today in addition with the price of gas, there is more than to scrap all this type of device....
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Cumulus gas consumption monitoring

by phil59 » 15/12/22, 13:23

Its use is the pb, when there are 2. For a large family, it's great.

But I think, being more or less in your case, I rarely hear it start up, even when I spend several hours in the cellar.

And limestone, yes, there's plenty of it.

And to turn it back on, it's often complicated .... The one I had before this one, I needed almost an hour, because when it fails, you have to wait 3 minutes, before trying again ....

Anyway, as soon as I have time, I put the whole house on the boiler, and more just the shower.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock: