Photovoltaic garage roof project

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Photovoltaic garage roof project

by phil59 » 21/09/22, 19:25

Afterwards, it is not necessarily necessary to have all the possible inclinations.

For something not bad, 3 inclinations in the year are sufficient .... even 2, if you are lazy, even only one, depending on the needs, well above 50°, to recover quite a bit in winter. ..

Nor should it cost an arm for the supports.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/09/22, 22:36

Macro wrote:I'm going to have to dive back into my mechanics lessons... To calculate the force of the cylinders needed to raise the sail...

Ah, this is starting to get serious! : Lol:
More seriously, I don't think that a completely vertical position is necessarily essential, especially for the risk of hail.
A cylinder-assisted system that would allow you to easily and quickly orient between say 30° and 60° would be both a way to optimize production throughout the year and to protect the installation by switching to 60° mode. ° in the event of an alert.
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/09/22, 04:39

I will most likely limit myself to these inclinations. A system controlled by jacks to go from 90 to 30° without a pantograph seems to me difficult to envisage in terms of the jack strokes and the forces to be applied to the pivot points. Moreover, it will allow me to put the clotheslines back in the shelter of the rain under the panels.

The structure will be made of rectangular steel tubes It is just that I see if the company that does hot epoxy paint can give me an 8m long structure... And the transport... Because even on my trailer that's will exceed a bit...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 22/09/22, 09:18

The more it is inclined, the more "the wind" will have a hold on the structure...

To do 8m in one go, I will not do.

2-3 panels at best....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/09/22, 10:04

Namely the structure will be fixed on a wall...
fix wall.pdf
(157.8 KB) Downloaded times 180

char ppv.pdf
(204.59 KB) Downloaded times 173
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/09/22, 11:25

1 every 4 m? What total length? 8m?

So you're no longer on the roof of your garage? (sorry I'm a few late posts here)

A linkage system seems sufficient to me, jacks are really a luxury (but I think you've already got them?)...it's only interesting if you want to vary it over a short period, it's up to say automate tilt with a 1 axis tracker?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/09/22, 11:56

Yes 8m long. In a lean-to on the wall of my house (see the video) 1 line of 8 panels 1m75 high by 1m wide ... I think I could use a lighter frame like a 60x25 tube

There will still be 180kg of panels plus the frame. I can't see myself correcting their inclinations by hand. Cylinders yes I can recover some but they do not have a great stroke (medical beds)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/09/22, 12:43

"Give me a lever big enough and I'll lift the world..."
(he forgot to specify that he needed a fixed point of support too!)

I don't know anything about bed actuators, I assume that there is 1 per bed and that they work like those on office chairs (so simple action?)? Not necessarily suitable...

And for automation? Frankly if you make a nice jack system you have to think about it!

Ok I saw the video, you want to put it close to the ground then?

Watch out for the shade on the balcony, I had the same problem at home, the slightest shadow on one end of your thong will block you or severely limit your production...therefore to put the farthest from the balcony (or ideally higher)...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 22/09/22, 12:47

THE race, it's up to you, but base yourself on around 60° for the winter, and do what you can best for the summer.

At worst, grossomodo you will lose maybe 5% in summer, but at 60° in winter, you will gain 15°... (5% on small numbers, but 15% on big ones, but when you don't don't need it the most).

It's my idea, everyone adapts according to what they are looking for.

Your diagram is a bit like what I had in mind, do you think that the 3 jacks are strong enough to withstand the "tearing" that the wind could cause. I'm not talking about the weight to move, and keep the panels in place, but the wind...
This is something that would worry me, maybe wrongly....
0 x

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 22/09/22, 12:56

phil59 wrote:....do you think that the 3 jacks are strong enough....

There would be 4, right? Two for each of the two half structures?
0 x