Photovoltaic garage roof project

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Photovoltaic garage roof project

by Macro » 21/09/22, 03:07

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:Image I praise and admire the immeasurable modesty of JR Macro who does not want to show off with the fact that he is familiar with Elon (no name) who was at home incognito this summer for a merguez party in tap shoes, socks and shorts without underpants. 8) : Mrgreen:

Yes that's it dude..
And after having smoked 3 bedos we went to tour the cellars of Touraine by pulling the stuffing he with a model S and me in C zero...

Like that there are some who will have wheat to grind
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 21/09/22, 05:36

Ok, let's get back to more serious things....

I will therefore very probably start manufacturing my tilting frame for a set of 8 to 9 panels of 405Wp ... Where I played very badly is that we did some demolition on my job and that I could have recovered a lot of material that went to recycling for almost quedalle...

Obviously according to my azimuth the inclinations are optimal between 35° in summer and 65° in winter... The total weight of the panels will be around 200kgs... On the other hand, it will hit the 16m² surface. .. It makes a beautiful sail ... As it will be exposed to the elements I wanted to avoid steel (not wanting to repaint every 10 years a structure which will be complicated and with hidden faces) so there remains stainless steel (hard to drill but tig weldable) and aluminum easy to drill but even if I can weld it I'm not very used to doing it and I'm afraid that my welds are more beautiful than solid. ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 21/09/22, 07:09

Considering the surface of the sail...Do you think it is necessary to be able to fold it completely against the wall in the event of strong winds? I do not live on the Mediterranean coast or on the Breton coast but the house is still very exposed to the winds. decades to come panels stored in a vertical position will in my opinion be much less impacted than if they remain at 30 or 60 °
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/09/22, 08:23

Macro and phil, Santa Claus has come to the right place: https://www.leboncoin.fr/vi/2128665868.htm

(oh no the prices of the description are not the one displayed in the title...pfff)
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 21/09/22, 08:49

I'm already on the road, I'm taking advantage of a layover to write! : Lol: : Arrow: ,

Well no.

For the basic version, I'm on a piece of equipment put down and not connected for around €600, around 2000Wp and less than 300 km from my home...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/09/22, 13:28

Macro wrote:Considering the surface of the sail...Do you think it is necessary to be able to fold it completely against the wall in the event of strong winds? I do not live on the Mediterranean coast or on the Breton coast but the house is still very exposed to the winds. decades to come panels stored in a vertical position will in my opinion be much less impacted than if they remain at 30 or 60 °

Alright, I'm starting...even if my answer isn't likely to help you much.
I would say that it all depends on how easily and quickly you can perform the maneuver. You are talking about a "sail", if you have "winches" which allow you to maneuver quickly and to return to the nominal point also quickly, there you will not hesitate in the event of wind or hail announced, hail being rarely .

If it's a bit of a hassle to implement, you risk skipping it by saying to yourself "it's going to pass", at the risk that it won't, I'm thinking especially of hail.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/09/22, 13:35

Macro wrote:there remains stainless steel (hard to drill but tig weldable) and aluminum easy to drill but even if I can weld it I am not very used to doing it and I am afraid that my welds are not more beautiful than solid....

Uh, stainless steel can be welded with the mig without worries but you obviously lose the quality of stainless steel on the weld if you use non-stainless wire, I welded stainless steel tubes in 1 mm with my general public mig and cored wire standard ... the structure has been in the garden in the rain and humidity for 3 years ... only the welds have rusted! : Mrgreen:

You'll just have to repaint the welds every 10 years! 8)

In addition to weather safety, pay attention to urban planning rules if you are building a mobile structure...if you have stupid neighbors or stupid people at the town hall...they can piss you off... :? :? :?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 21/09/22, 18:00

Let's say that with the town hall it's rather tense... My wife resigned from a post at the village school that no one wanted to take back... So now that it costs them almost double, it's grumbling to the city council...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 21/09/22, 18:05

I'm going to have to dive back into my mechanics lessons... To calculate the force of the cylinders needed to raise the sail...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/09/22, 18:20

it depends where you attach them...
0 x