Inter-season water storage "basins" to fight against droughts...

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Remundo

Re: Inter-season water storage "basins" to fight against droughts...

by Remundo » 26/03/23, 23:16

small orders of magnitude... which show the interest of water storage

According to the 2020 edition of Water and Aquatic Environments

It falls in the order of 500 m000 of water in France. That is approximately, on average, 900 mm of water height per m2 of territory. That is to say 900 liters on a square of 1m side!

The storage basins directly take part of this runoff water.

They can also pump water from the groundwater if it "overflows" in winter.

Indeed, a water table is dynamic.

The flow of rivers is fed by both runoff and overflowing groundwater.

So in winter whether the water is pumped into a basin or ends up in a flooded river, where is the problem?

If we want to put forward arguments against bedpans, these are other aspects to highlight.
* the abiotic plasticized character unlike lakes and ponds.
* the use of water for intensive and water-intensive crops, such as corn.
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/03/23, 23:29

Abiotic I'm not sure...

In a few years, even maybe months, life will develop in the basins: algae and even fish...

In addition it would boost the water in nitrates : Cheesy:
1 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 26/03/23, 23:45

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:You corrected it well. It is obviously not brackish water that needs to be pumped!

Effectively

https://cahiers-nantais.fr/index.php?id=1521

For all purposes...
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/03/23, 23:51

c not fo:

2 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/03/23, 01:50

Propaganda : Basins in Deux-Sèvres: "There is no health risk", estimates the ARS
“There is no plan, as far as I know, for farmers to shower or bathe in these reserves. For legionella to multiply in proportions exceeding the authorized thresholds, they must be in stagnant water ranging from 40 to 50 °, on closed circuits. It is within this framework that we carry out our regular readings in establishments at risk. In addition, when we are in the field of agricultural irrigation, the water is not stagnant. I am willing to hear this hypothesis but the existence of these basins, in irrigated fields, is dated. It's not new. And we've never had a health problem."

On the other hand, interesting elements in the comments of the link quoted by Guy http://www.eauxglacees.com/Irrigation-l ... provoquent
Since the 50s, the rate of urbanization has increased sharply, with a growing demand for water and treatment plants connected (for convenience) to rivers, therefore without water recycling! All the water that arrives in the city (rain, drinking water, food) reaches the sea via the rivers.

In the 70s, irrigation was subsidized, which the population assimilated to intensive agriculture.

In the 2000s, we ended up exhausting the groundwater in the summer, the distribution of withdrawals being as follows: 46% agricultural, 34% drinking and 12% industry, it was easy to blame agriculture and cut off its water. But what should have remained a temporary measure has turned into a means of managing the resource: as soon as the water tables drop, irrigation is cut off without ever looking for compensation and therefore without ever solving the real problem: the massive and illegal diversion of fresh water by cities that do not comply with the environmental code! 34% + 12% = 46% so if drinking and industrial water were recycled in the fields, we would halve the withdrawals from groundwater and if we add the water that runs off the concrete of cities, we could irrigate the total useful agricultural area of ​​the region (781 hectares of concrete in New Aquitaine which annually divert 000 billion m5 of fresh water to the sea instead of infiltrating it, this is 3 times the TOTAL consumption of ALL the region, agricultural drinking water and industry)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/03/23, 01:53

Zizi you explain to us how they are going to prevent the growth of algae and bacteria and other aquatic life in open ponds?

By chlorination? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

ps: I'm not saying that it's necessarily a health risk but these bowls will quickly teem with life...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/03/23, 01:57

Christophe wrote:Zizi you explain to us how they are going to prevent the growth of algae and bacteria and other aquatic life in open ponds?

By chlorination? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

ps: I'm not saying that it's necessarily a health risk but these bowls will quickly teem with life...
I'll give you the link that you obviously didn't notice... https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/deu ... r-de-l-ars
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/03/23, 02:11

If so ... on the other hand you did not read my message well because it does not respond to my remark!

Otherwise, weren't the ARS the ones who fired unvaccinated caregivers with a 30% effective vaccine and zealous covidism?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 27/03/23, 02:15

Yes, we are interviewing a guy who has no skills in the field of health (cf: linkedin), who speaks hollowly via the usual beautiful language of wood, and moreover, this article is far from giving pride of place to basins.
2 x