Why thermal cars bother me....

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Why thermal cars bother me....

by phil59 » 12/08/22, 17:29

Well, I have a charger for the pc....

205 km to bring it back, but this trip was planned for another reason....

return my.JPG
back ma.JPG (16.28 Kio) Viewed 2026 times

205 km on roads, quiet, waze at 3 km/h above the limit, very little 90 km/h, the major part is done in departments where it is limited to 80, and about 40 km of limited expressways at 110 kph...

Now I can read all of this...

Not too much "bobo" at C0?
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Why thermal cars bother me....

by phil59 » 13/08/22, 17:08

So I just read this whole post, by the lake of the der...

To resume a bit, when I went to MANs, on the highway, driving at maximum speed +1-3 km/h, I overtook a lot of thermals, and few overtook me, but 90% of the cars overtaking me, were over 150 km/h .... (fuel price?)

Thing that before, while driving at slightly compromised maximum speeds, you were constantly overtaken.

This is my observation, both on the way out and on the way back, on the way back where I pulled a little more on the rope.

The more than 400 km could be done in one stop, but for comfort, 2 stops were good, and allowed to drive even a little faster, but the kona is very sober, I am surprised myself.

Do a test one day with a combustion engine and an electric one, at the same cv power, and you will immediately see the difference between EV and combustion engine, it's better than debating in a vacuum.*
Every person who has tried a C0 has been amazed at the "recoveries" compared to its 65 hp .... positively amazed.
and the kona, I don't talk about it, but it's 200 hp ....

So the queue at the terminals, yes, there are, but 5-10 minutes, it's not terrible, and if you choose your terminals well, when possible, with now 31 Tesla superchargers, open to all, you have barely 20% of the chargers taken at a time.

And so there, no tail ... above all, that sometimes, at 1 km intervals, you have a second place of charge.

There will always be bad examples...

The other day, while shopping, there was an E-C4 trying to charge at a fast terminal....

And of course complains that it doesn't work....

They had already done more than 500 km, and they had about 300 left (all of it, with a ladle).
No charging card.
No route plan provided.
The electric car, and for 3-5 days, and of course, first long drive ....

Of course, it sucks, the state does nothing to drive an EV...

Well, neither did they .... I didn't get involved, although very often I help people who have a little difficulty ...

I told them that if they couldn't charge fast, there were "slow" terminals right next to them, and free, without any badge to put on....
They had about 100 km of range left, so he wasn't in deep trouble either.

These are people, anyway, who are going to shout everywhere, loud and clear, that you can't drive an EV, when it's so simple, with a minimum of organization, now, and especially with a car like an E-C4, not the top, but more than enough ....

Even 5 years ago, it wasn't as easy as it is today, but it was possible.

Today we can.

And thanks (because) to all the people who say that we can't drive an EV, we have bigger and bigger batteries, and in 5 years, we will be very close to 1000 km on the highway of autonomy , which is strictly useless in general .... And we pollute unnecessarily to make very large batteries ....

I almost forgot .... when I left to go get my PC charger, among other things, a guy who stuck to his ass with a pot that made a hell of a noise, and a good booster ... It was limited to 80, and I was at a little 90 on waze, I was not a super slow vehicle...

Then came a stretch of road limited to 110, where I pushed, in eco mode, up to 134 on waze (I allow myself, from time to time, a little very short madness, but for a point, and if no danger, like there, alone on the road, and I also don't mind driving a lot below the limit, if I find there is danger...)

The guy pushed all his gears, and finally passed me, when I let go of the accelerator, to fall back to 112-113...
I do not know what it was exactly like car, all "badges" fired ....

The thing, as I said, is that the power is delivered immediately, unlike a thermal, even with turbo, where you always have a slight waiting time...

A guy on a "zero" motorcycle, considered a 125cc, it was entered in a race...

He dropped everyone at the start, and from very far away, before being overtaken again .... Immediate power, calculation of friction to have the best possible grip, etc ...
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."