PV: centralized inverter or micro-inverter?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
reinoso
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: PV: centralized inverter or micro-inverter?

by reinoso » 28/07/22, 11:38

Christophe wrote:
LouGarou wrote:I have a Linky meter.

I don't know if you need a dedicated one...
!

no the linky meter counts production and consumption
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 28/07/22, 11:43

Christophe wrote:It was not an obligation it was a obligation to take advantage of the boosted feed-in tariff

Maybe well, I don't know anymore.... It was not an obligation for residential premises (excluding sheds, barns,... where the ISB was authorized)?
Well, not really important today.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/07/22, 11:56

reinoso wrote:
Christophe wrote:
LouGarou wrote:I have a Linky meter.

I don't know if you need a dedicated one...
!

no the linky meter counts production and consumption

I know that but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't put another dedicated one... there was a subject on the possible PV EDF connections on the forum but I can't find it! : Cry:

Legislators are not there to save money but GDP...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/07/22, 11:58

0 x
reinoso
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by reinoso » 28/07/22, 12:11

Christophe wrote:
I know that but that doesn't mean you shouldn't put another dedicated one...]

even the installer approved by edf did not know he put me 2 meters

then at the annual edf statement the question was asked "why are there 2 meters...

then edf (without telling me anything) put everything on a single meter...

which caused a big stir during the annual survey

I can prove it with a screenshot of my production / consumption!
1 x
Lou Garou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Lou Garou » 28/07/22, 18:28

Attached is a small table summarizing what you told me about the 2 types of inverter.
Do not hesitate to complete it.
Thank you
Attachments
COMPARISON OF CENTRALIZED INVERTER and MICRO-INVERTER.docx
(18.41 KB) Downloaded times 187
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 28/07/22, 19:54

If you have a linky meter, watch your consumption between 9 a.m. and 19 p.m., for example, during solar production.... Anyone can do that, as I published on this post...

There you will see what you really consume, because for me, it is not the redemption that will make you recover a little money.

On the other hand, above all 2 solutions, just install what you need, with air conditioning support, to see how much it consumes, but maybe only 500Wh, at the max, or batteries. Real or virtual batteries. Virtual, if very big production, or just small battery, a bit for the night.

That it costs a little money is normal, but it must not cost "the skin of the ass"...

That's why I told you that for €10, solar panels, plus air conditioning for the whole house, you can easily have it. Air conditioning = comfort, panels, just to compensate for part of the consumption.

In my opinion, your pb is not an inverter, or micro inverter, but what power to take, to compensate for your consumption.

With a real battery version, just with this one practically, you can have juice in the event of a power cut.
With the others in the event of a cut, you have no production, you are like everyone else, without juice....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 29/07/22, 15:49

A hybrid inverter in vogue:

https://www.oscaro-power.com/onduleur-h ... ance_kw-46

For 2000€, you have up to 4 kW, and if you can take bigger, it can be better, and you don't have to have batteries right away, it can be added later, or you can start with a mini. .
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 29/07/22, 16:41

table production.JPG
tableau production.JPG (169.91 KiB) Viewed 1612 times

Small table that I had made myself, I did not fill in all the values, orientation to the south, taking into account a rather very low-end gear.
But it gives an idea according to the inclination, and the months .....
0 x

Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 29/07/22, 20:01

Just 2 remarks about micro-inverters:
- If you have one, or two, that break down, you're not necessarily going to see it right away. At first you will watch your production twice a day, then every day, then every two days... then every 2 months. A single central inverter produces or it does not produce, with a simple glance, see a little home automation, you can quickly realize the problem and avoid losing months of production.
- To change a micro-inverter, it is an intervention on the roof (the inverters are under the panels) so it is necessarily a "specialized" speaker, it can be more or less long, more or less complicated, so cost €€€ and therefore weigh down the profitability of the thing (it's silly the repair intervention at 1000€ to change a 250 bullet micro-inverter which will produce 3000kWh [300€] of electricity in its entire life)
Changing a central inverter takes between 15 minutes and 1 hour, with 1 person, without scaffolding and other devices for working at height.

In short, unless absolutely necessary (significant shadows) for me micro-inverters are not a good idea (at least not for more than 3 or 4 panels in DIY mode) And for the same reason do not fall into the scam of expensive (sic) "optimizers" at certain brands...
1 x