Heat waves and heat plumes in France: 50°C expected in 2026?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

Re: Heat waves and heat plumes in France: 50°C expected in 2026?

by Christophe » 12/08/22, 10:18

Macro wrote:Before catastrophizing on a photo....Even if it is true that the Loire is low....So analyze the photo a bit, When was it taken...and especially where...A little research google on the name of the town "Les Roziers sur loire" You would have learned that this town has 2 bridges that span the Loire with an island in the middle of the two bridges......

In summer it is not uncommon for one of the two arms to be almost dry.... the "streetview" dates from 07/2020

https://www.bing.com/maps?q=Les%20Rosie ... e91feb4506

Wait there you're explaining to us that https://www.radiofrance.fr/franceinter/ ... au-5040594 done in the fake news? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/08/22, 11:11

Without doing fake news... I say that this single image taken out of its complete real context can possibly lead to confusion...

Besides... They write it well in the article..."It could reach its all-time low".... Which means what? That she has already been lower....

What's more, over the last 30 years the Loire has been restored to its wild state, my old man worked in his bed between Saumur and Blois for 15 years with his bulldozer destroying old dykes, uprooting trees and raking the sandbanks that had accumulated following human works so that it resumes its natural course ... so nothing really surprising that it dries up, the ancients had made arrangements to be able to navigate there. ..The amenities disappeared...Well she becomes unnavigable again...

The Cher has small dams and locks... Almost every 5 km in my sector... It therefore remains at an (almost) constant level, but its flow has also had to decrease drastically...

I spoke about it to a colleague who has been swimming and fishing in it for 45 years... it doesn't shock him more than that...
Last edited by Macro the 12 / 08 / 22, 11: 18, 1 edited once.
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/08/22, 11:17

Yes finally good, the Gard pulls the face too and I do not believe that the Pont du Gard is on an island!

So without them all being dried up, all the rivers (except the Cher suddenly) are currently rather very low, here are the levels for the Rhine:

https://www.e-ris.eu/e-ris/niveauEauParPk

If I understood correctly (not sure) the "water level" column is the one under that of a standardized keel??

And so the overall level will be: water level + anchorage?

The Belgians pump to raise the water level of the Meuse in Genk (generally it is rather the opposite): https://www.7sur7.be/belgique/des-pompe ... k~a7f57fad

Pumps activated to raise the level of the Meuse in Genk

Inland navigation is threatened by the extremely low level of the Meuse, which prevents the lock connecting it to the Albert Canal from operating. Mobile pumps have been activated in Genk to deal with this situation, the office of Flemish Minister for Mobility Lydia Peeters said on Friday, confirming information from HLN and VTM.

Where do they pump water from? From the network or from the sea? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/08/22, 11:31

I remember going under the Pont du Gard as a kid .... there flowed what I called a river I did not understand why it was so long ...

For the Loire.... upstream of the photo.... We still have 4 factories that pump in it to make clouds : Cheesy:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/08/22, 11:43

Normal: when you have slaves you can oversize the safety coefficients at a lower cost! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/08/22, 11:49

I could even measure the depth of the water table at my taff it will give me an idea As it is analyzed 4 times a year .. I have to look in the reports if they note the depth ... I'll go see that. ..See you soon...
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/08/22, 11:52

Be careful not to mess with the measurement report, not that of the hydrocarbons huh... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/08/22, 13:17

Christophe wrote:Be careful not to mess with the measurement report, not that of the hydrocarbons huh... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Well, they are looking... But they can't find...

Precisely I did not measure, I did not want to plunge a soiled tool in there and pollute a piezometer the slightest drop or trace and that would have been the tragedy...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 12/08/22, 13:54

Macro wrote:I remember going under the Pont du Gard as a kid .... there flowed what I called a river I did not understand why it was so long ...
Because ...
it is not a bridge: it is the ruins of the aqueduct which transported water from the source of Eure in Uzès to Nîmes for five centuries. These 35.000 m3 of water transported daily by the aqueduct supplied drinking water to the inhabitants of the city, but also to its thermal baths, fountains and gardens.

50 meters high and built on three levels, it is today the highest ancient aqueduct bridge in the world! It is a true symbol of Roman scientific genius: 52 kilometers long, its total height difference is only 17 meters.
https://www.uzes-pontdugard.com/la-dest ... %C3%A8cles.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/08/22, 15:06

Update on the fires that have resumed in France: https://www.liberation.fr/environnement ... DAIDY6I3V4

0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."