Smoke rising by pellet supply screw

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Davy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Smoke rising by pellet supply screw

by Davy » 09/03/22, 05:19

Hello everybody,

I searched for an answer to my problem on the net for several weeks but without success and the last mishap led me to create this topic.

I have a Pellet okofen boiler on which I have smoke rising from the place where I fill my pellet for about 2 months, I contacted a heating engineer who told me that it was nothing and that I could finish the winter before looking for the breakdown in more detail...

Yesterday the smell of smoke had a weird smell, a smell of rubber, and while examining the boiler I saw that the transparent PVC hose coming out of the auger was simply "melting" under the effect of heat from rising smoke : Shock:

I immediately stopped the boiler but it's my only heating system and we therefore find ourselves without heating with my 1 year old... Not great.

I will contact another heating engineer but if one of you has already encountered such a mishap and can help me that would be great!!

Thank you in advance for your answers !!

Good day to all
1 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Smoke rising by pellet supply screw

by Philippe Schutt » 07/09/22, 19:30

Hello,
Sorry, I missed your post. To me, that's a sign of insufficient draft. tubing too small, poorly insulated, clogged with soot, etc...

In the meantime, have you solved the problem?
0 x
belladonna
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Smoke rising by pellet supply screw

by belladonna » 17/12/22, 15:21

I had the same problem, I put a ventilator at the exit of the smoke pipe outside, since impeccable
0 x