Hydrogen is an indirect greenhouse gas (radicals) 200 times more powerful than CO2

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hydrogen is an indirect greenhouse gas 200 times more powerful than CO2

by sicetaitsimple » 06/02/22, 19:09

Ahmed wrote:This is not the orientation of this sector of this gas, at least in Europe, and the cost price would be dissuasive for massive uses... Moreover, the latter are not as visible as the propulsion of vehicles in urban areas.

It's debatable...The "additional cost" of "green" hydrogen in the industry is not necessarily prohibitive, you just have to put the "helpers" in the right place. In any case, no industrial project can develop in Europe without some kind of help.
Regarding urban vehicles (buses, garbage cans, etc.), I do think that this is a mistake and that it would be better to develop electric vehicles in urban areas.
the H2 may eventually have a future in heavy transport, with a dedicated distribution network on the major axes.

For private vehicles, I don't believe in it... Electric will prevail.

But I could be wrong!
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/02/22, 19:18

sicetaitsimple wrote:
GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:i.e. with a GWP of 200 a CO2 equivalent of 60kg/MWh.

That is less than nuclear power, photovoltaics, wind power, coal, fuel oil.

That coal or fuel oil, it is almost certain (with the reservations on the "200" and on the "1% leak".
Whether nuclear, PV or wind, you have it all wrong because to produce "low carbon" hydrogen you must first build a nuclear, PV or wind power plant to supply the hydrogen production plant! Knowing that the electricity to hydrogen conversion efficiency will be low in all cases.
Well, you lost a good opportunity not to talk bullshit, it can happen.....

And to produce hydrogen, what do you need? Rain, fair weather and the operation of the Holy Spirit? (I find that when you forget the : Mrgreen: , everything is taken literally. My mistake...)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/02/22, 19:38

Hydrogen can be stored in a solid, but that doesn't eliminate the problem.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/02/22, 19:42

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote: (I find that when you forget the : Mrgreen: , everything is taken literally. My mistake...)

You must have forgotten it too during your very first message on the forum (without "leretour") where you invited us to sign a petition saying that with our droppings and vegetable peelings, we could be energy self-sufficient.......
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/02/22, 20:03

sicetaitsimple wrote:
GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote: (I find that when you forget the : Mrgreen: , everything is taken literally. My mistake...)

You must have forgotten it too during your very first message on the forum (without "leretour") where you invited us to sign a petition saying that with our droppings and vegetable peelings, we could be energy self-sufficient.......

You gonna pull it out whenever it suits you, you vicious moron? : roll:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/02/22, 20:18

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:

You gonna pull it out whenever it suits you, you vicious moron? : roll:

Every time you spout energy bullshit and then try to pirouette out of it, the answer is yes.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/02/22, 20:27

There's no pirouette, fool, you just have to look up what I wrote about this energy before... You're a ball of the worst kind.
1 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."