Help with fine-tuning Easypell settings: setpoint temperature, min and boiler cut-off

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
MartinRev
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Help with tweaking Easypell settings: setpoint temperature, min and boiler cut-off

by MartinRev » 24/01/22, 09:45

No problem.
The help has already been invaluable. I have time in the future to make slightly different settings and find the ideal compromise.
0 x
Ben36
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Help with tweaking Easypell settings: setpoint temperature, min and boiler cut-off

by Ben36 » 27/11/22, 22:58

Hello,
I am a brand new user of an easypell 20kwh with simple regulation, i.e. on/off with an ambient thermostat in the living room which activates the boiler and the circulator.
Right now it's 12 a.m. outside and we're consuming 2-3 bags a day... I find that excessive when the weather is rather mild, isn't it? I think the cycles are too short in the menus I can find 60780m and x3930 which would make cycles of 15.46mn... very short I think not?
Minimum temperature factory setting: 70
Max temperature: 76
Variant B with 220 l water heater
Hysteresis 15k.

I ask for 20 degrees during the day and 18.5 at night.
7am-23pm --> comfort 20
23 p.m.-7 a.m. --> economy 18.5

Example the thermostat starts the boiler, boiler temperature 66... ​​Shouldn't the thermostat just start the circulator???
I'm a bit lost... And I don't feel very supported by the installers...
The 3v valve is manual. Adjust a bit more than halfway.
16695866403127582857991044655874.jpg

House year 20 120m2 double glazing little insulated. 1 floor.
12 cast iron radiators.

Can someone shed some light for me??
16695865874882969404713460501153.jpg

Goods.
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 27/11/22, 23:10

Ben36 wrote:Hello,
I am a brand new user of an easypell 20kwh with simple regulation, i.e. on/off with an ambient thermostat in the living room which activates the boiler and the circulator.
Right now it's 12 a.m. outside and we're consuming 2-3 bags a day... I find that excessive when the weather is rather mild, isn't it? I think the cycles are too short in the menus I can find 60780m and x3930 which would make cycles of 15.46mn... very short I think not?
Minimum temperature factory setting: 70
Max temperature: 76
Variant B with 220 l water heater
Hysteresis 15k.

I ask for 20 degrees during the day and 18.5 at night.
7am-23pm --> comfort 20
23 p.m.-7 a.m. --> economy 18.5

Example the thermostat starts the boiler, boiler temperature 66... ​​Shouldn't the thermostat just start the circulator???
I'm a bit lost... And I don't feel very supported by the installers...
The 3v valve is manual. Adjust a bit more than half way.16695866403127582857991044655874.jpg
House year 20 120m2 double glazing little insulated. 1 floor.
12 cast iron radiators.

Can someone shed some light for me??
16695865874882969404713460501153.jpg

Goods.

Good evening, for me it is a controlled v3v and not manual, especially given the recent circulator which is right next to it.

If your boiler is connected, I would like to take a look at it, otherwise I don't have time to exchange tons of information by interposed messages.
Heating period, everyone needs help and my days are very short at the moment : Oops:
0 x
Ben36
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Ben36 » 27/11/22, 23:22

Thank you for your quick response, it is not controlled for sure because no easytouch regulation, no outside sensor just a room thermostat...
And no easypell not connected... I just have some settings possible directly on the machine. In PJ the room thermostat wired to the easypell.
16695876686843725461644910536379.jpg

Thanks anyway :-)
0 x
Ben36
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Ben36 » 28/11/22, 23:12

I wonder about the operation of my 3-way valve which seems motorized, but is used in manual mode. No easytouch regulation. Couldn't that be the problem? Don't incessant on/offs lead to overconsumption of pellets? Wouldn't a 3-way valve controlled by the regulation be more efficient? Sorry if I seem to be knocking open doors for you :-)
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 29/11/22, 14:50

Ben36 wrote:I wonder about the operation of my 3-way valve which seems motorized, but is used in manual mode. No easytouch regulation. Couldn't that be the problem? Don't incessant on/offs lead to overconsumption of pellets? Wouldn't a 3-way valve controlled by the regulation be more efficient? Sorry if I seem to be knocking open doors for you :-)

On the image,

Does the value 18,5 correspond to the setpoint you want in reduced mode?
Does the value 19,5 correspond to the setpoint you want in comfort mode?

If yes to these two questions, I assume that the value 18,8 is that read by a room thermostat in your home.
So far, are we okay?
1 x
EasyGui
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by EasyGui » 16/02/23, 01:26

Good evening to all and especially to the owners of easypell.

I've had an easypell "v2" since the end of December 2022 and I'm struggling, like you, to get it to properly regulate its combustion.
It is constantly on / off (on average, heating cycle of 15min / then shutdown of 45min), regardless of the outside temperatures.

My findings, it is on the job (10kw of power) until it reaches the maximum set temperature. It tries to slow down at the very end of the cycle, but with all the pellets injected and the inertia, too late!
It triggers the extinguishing ventilation of the brazier and blows a large part of the calories into the duct.... A real mess of pellets!

Here is my setup in more detail:
- Boiler set in 12kw by the installer. I lowered the power to 10 electronically first, then added a plug. (slight impact on its cycle time but its operation remains too cumbersome)
- pelletronic touch which manages v3v with indoor + outdoor sensor
- DHW tank with boiler exchanger + electrical backup

I spent several weeks multiplying the configuration tests in the touch system without any real success.
I also tried to adjust the temperature settings on the boiler control panel.
Nothing to do, it does not regulate!

I leafed through forum, documentation etc. And this morning! Eureka! By going back to the easypell installer doc for the umpteenth time, I see that there is a menu that is not accessible to me.

Page 44 of the doc (configuration of the boiler in version A)
The menu in question is:

! Message from: EasyGui
Setting Outer temperature control.
Here you can set the temperature values ​​for the
maximum and minimum boiler rating.
Adjustment range max. rated power -10°C to +6°C
Adjustment range min. power +7° C to +25° C

There is a regulation setpoint via the outdoor sensor possible on the boiler. A glance at page 31, we learn that the probe is connected to Z21 of the boiler controller.
 ! Message from: EasyGui
Z21 (AF) 41 42 24 Volt Outdoor sensor

I therefore hasten to test this track using a simple adjustable potentiometer, at first.
The menu appears well and I access this "modulation on outside temperature" menu.
I adjust the resistance to obtain 10°C of outside temperature raised by the boiler and it returns to the maximum setpoint -5, minimum 5°C

AND FINALLY, the MODULE boiler!!!

A "little sun" appears at the top of the screen when the ext temp is higher than the modulation setpoint.

I note that it begins to modulate at its set temperature from 70°C (minimum configurable) and I have noticed the time to go down to values ​​that I have never seen so low in boiler temperature before. EP value at 7/84z s.

It manages, in my configuration, to stabilize its temperature around 75°C for several tens of minutes.
I saw a cycle of 1h15 this afternoon, with an outdoor temperature of 12°C and an indoor setpoint of 19°C.
Frankly it's pretty good, given his behavior so far.
She boozes the pellet rather than swallowing it!

In short, the external sensor to be connected to an easypell is anything but optional, especially in combination with the pelletonic touch since there is no communication between the boiler and this box.

If there is no buffer tank, it is clearly necessary to connect this probe to have it regulated.

I hope this will help you to move forward in your regulation problems. me it's been 2 months that it drives me crazy to see a pellet boiler working like my old oil boiler :D

FYI, nothing is specified in the documentation, but the probe to be connected should be a kty 2k (as on the pelletronic touch). I ordered a pair of probes, I would return upon receipt and connection.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/02/23, 01:41

EasyGui wrote:In short, the external sensor to be connected to an easypell is anything but optional, especially in combination with the pelletonic touch since there is no communication between the boiler and this box.
Hello,
Happy for you and I'm surprised that installers skip this probe, which is essential. :?: : Shock:
If there is no buffer tank, it is clearly necessary to connect this probe to have it regulated.
The installer of my heat pump told me that it was not necessary, in my case where I have a fairly large water circuit on 2 floors and the electronic circulators also help to deal with all situations, I think :?:
0 x
EasyGui
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by EasyGui » 16/02/23, 01:48

the problem, in my opinion, is not on the installer side but on "eco engineering"... in the doc it is clearly stated that the outside sensor is optional!! The boiler works without... but its performance must be very far from the data announced!
The touch system in combination with the esypell is in my opinion really badly done, we do have an external sensor for the v3v and the management of the water law. But the boiler works totally blind with only given, its hearth temperature and its internal temperature.
In this configuration, 2 external probes are required!
I would report back to the installer and why not to the manufacturer, with supporting graphics, to get their feedback.
1 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 16/02/23, 08:02

Hello,

Bizarre this story of the 2nd probe outdoor.
The only probe that we could at the limit do without according to some pros (I deliberately crossed out as an irony) it's the interior sensor and absolutely not the exterior.

The Reg by outdoor temperature only indicates to operate at minimum or maximum power in the chosen temperatures.
But if it is configured at the minimum of its power as in your case, the regulation is useless since already at the minimum.

If you have a link for the documentation, I will compare the connections if they are the same.
0 x