Which fast-growing tree species in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 stere of wood per year?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What fast-growing tree species in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 stere of wood per year?

by Ahmed » 04/06/22, 12:29

The photo titled "Robinier.4 JPEG" does not show a Robinia...
Sometimes, very robust plants are a little tricky to recover, like bamboo, for example, but once it's gone, I'm not telling you! : Shock:
I like the foliage of the poplars of the trichocarpa family: elongated, triangular and dark green on top... yum! : Cheesy:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

Re: What fast-growing tree species in a garden to have the equivalent of 0.5 to 1 stere of wood per year?

by Christophe » 04/06/22, 20:40

What do you have a beaver appetite? : Mrgreen:

If if photo 4 it is indeed a robinia planted in the grove to the "north" behind the house (I agree you it is very difficult to see its small foliage with the background) with very little direct sun...there is 2 have taken over at this location and they broke faster than the others (the thermal inertia of the house??) but at the moment they are growing more slowly compared to those in the sun...

To be continued !

Good and yours? You can see ? 8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/22, 09:25

I published an article on garden furniture and Robinia essence is recommended as an alternative to exotic essences... 8)

https://www.econologie.com/bien-choisir ... n-en-bois/

In a few weeks, when the leaves have fallen, I will give you a little review of the annual growth in 2022...

The locusts are fine, some losses but the rest is not terrible, given the drought, most of the aspen plants are in PLS...recoverable or not next year I don't know, we'll see, I don't touch anything until next spring...

Ditto for most of the willow cuttings that had survived the beavers! There's even a willow that I had transplanted with the roots that didn't survive...

The plançons I am also quite disappointed: the survivor has a rather slow growth, a few dozen leaves, on the other hand one of the "castorized" plançon has recovered well and is beyond me now...

On the other hand, the grove of the 1st photo of the subject has recovered very well, just like a willow on the south side, which I will probably "stun" this winter (it like to make a mask on my PV...)
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/09/22, 10:49

"The essence of Robinia"! : Shock: : Mrgreen:
Bold formulation!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/22, 10:52

What ? : Shock:

Do you prefer oak acorn juice? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/22, 12:49

During the planting project in January, I made a (very) severe cut of my apple tree (wobbly : Lol: eh Remundo : Wink: ) of 15 years old who had never given more than a dozen apples a year in good years, most of the time 2 or 3 "edible"...

During the cut I ravaged the entire right side of the tree and removed all the internal branches...

As a result, this year...it's an orgy of apples!

apple tree.jpg
pommier.jpg (358.14 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

Some branches have produced I think as much as in agricultural orchards (sprinkled with X products...). : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Obviously 0.0 maintenance or treatment except the severe cut of January! There are some stains on the leaves...

apple_branch_2022.jpg
pommier_branche_2022.jpg (308.95 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

apple_branch_2022_zoom.jpg
pommier_branche_2022_zoom.jpg (415.08 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

The apples are not very big but the other years either, it is a variety of small apples but maybe without the drought they would be a little bigger this year...or else it is the drought which on the contrary preserved diseases or other worries which would explain this exceptional productivity (for "me")!

Apparently 2022 is an exceptional season for grapes...for apples I don't know...heard nothing!

apple_branch_2022_apple.jpg
pommier_branche_2022_pomme.jpg (321.45 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

There were 3 apples on the ground, so I think the harvest should be done in the next few days...
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/09/22, 12:55

When you "shock" a fruit tree, the following year, it gives a max.

He wants to be a father to many children so that he can survive through eu...

: Arrow:
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/09/22, 12:56

I can "shock" him every January, no worries! But hey, the next month of January will have less to cut than this year!

Unless...I decide to keep only the productive part? We can clearly see on the general photo that the rest (2/3 of the tree) produced absolutely nothing...

Anyway it's twisted then... twisted for twisted... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 21/09/22, 05:09

My two apple trees were like yours covered with apples on the "youngest" parts of the trees...I don't know if I was able to eat 10 of them...The wasps and hornets came to help themselves to the fruit and everything rotted on the trees... : Cry: : Cry: Like every year... I also have a vine that grew wild on my fence from a 1500m² plot below that hadn't been maintained for 20 years and that I acquired in the spring...J cleared the land roughly, crushed brambles 3m high, uprooted oaks 10 to 15 cm in diameter, wild fruit trees, but I had given the vines a chance... And like every year, not been able to eat a grain of grapes, everything was devoured by blackbirds and starlings in a few days, not to say in a few hours...

The chainsaw and the 4x4 will resume service, I started yesterday but I exploded the differential of my brushcutter : Shock: Well I'm going there a little like a nag ... Yet it seemed pretty solid as a thing ... It is absolutely necessary that I manage to get a tractor into this land to do a good preparation of very trashy soil to make me a beautiful green concrete
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/09/22, 09:19

I have a lot of wasps and hornets, apparently they don't like this variety too much!
It's not good to kill fruit trees, even wild ones!! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Well it (already) froze last night, here is the roof of the trailer at 8:45 am:

20220921_084421.jpg
20220921_084421.jpg (284.72 KB) Viewed times 959

So, do I have to do the fissa harvest or can I still wait a few days?
0 x