HP2840 crashed which prints blank pages without error message? HP Color LaserJet Printer Troubleshooting

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: HP2840 crashed which prints blank pages without error message? HP Color LaserJet Printer Troubleshooting

by phil59 » 10/03/23, 14:00

On all the colors that I have seen, you have a drum per color, some even are separated from each other, others are the block of 4.

Money pump, maybe more now, we manage to have color photocopiers, with a cost of less than 30€ for 1000 color pages, maintenance included, and like 4-5€ for 1000 NB pages, 10 years ago, it was about double, and 20 years old, overpriced...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: HP2840 crashed which prints blank pages without error message? HP Color LaserJet Printer Troubleshooting

by Obamot » 10/03/23, 14:13

Certainly if it's maintenance included, and HP or Canon is great! Where are you talking about "warranty"?
Do you have specific cases?

Because I don't see the "maintenance included" ad vitam eternam : Wink:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 10/03/23, 14:26

You buy, or rent, with a cost per page, generally, it's a maximum of 8 years, before you are told that they will no longer have what it takes to ensure maintenance.

But apart from the CEO's copier, which we changed after a little 10 years, and less than 50 printed pages, etc., the others have a higher throughput.

Small speeds are often not far from 5 to 10 pages per month.

Machines that reached 2 impressions, I had some too.

The more computing, and in fact, the more paper....

20 years ago, I planned more than one printer per office, and you quickly arrived at 15 printers, 5 multifunctions, 5 A3-A4 copiers .... and I tried to have things, if possible, with the same consumables.

Today, finally for a few years, you have pooled printers per office, and the cost price per page has dropped significantly.

But on the other hand, you find a lot of impressions that we didn't come looking for.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 10/03/23, 14:28

If on professional contracts with rental ... But it's a bit more expensive .. the last invoice I have in front of me is around 150 € including tax
2 NB printers having printed 1500 pages
1 color multifunction having printed 2250 pages

for 1 months
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/03/23, 14:36

Obamot wrote:If you are talking about the mini drums of the cartridges, the answer is "yes" 100%
A cartridge that is too old can also explain the same phenomenon.

I'm talking about the print drum, not the toners that contain the powder... when these are messing around, it's never all 4 at the same time and especially not in ON/OFF...

For example I had a reconditioned toner with the feet in 2015, it printed horizontal lines...I even made a subject of it: electricity-electronics-computer/traces-horizontales-hp2840-after-change-toner-discount-t14225.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/03/23, 14:40

phil59 wrote:On all the colors that I have seen, you have a drum per color, some even are separated from each other, others are the block of 4.

You saw wrong! : Mrgreen: It's not drums it's toners...I know it's disturbing in French!

On the HP2840 which is a "semi pro" model...I have 4 toners (black, cyan, magenta and yellow) and 1 print drum independent of the toners...

Generally the powder capacity of black (5000 to 10000 pages) is twice that of colors (2000 to 4000 pages)...yet it's exactly the same from the outside...the drum is given for 20 to 25 pages...

Yes it's a lucrative business printer refills!
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 10/03/23, 15:06

I haven't had a single color laser hp.

Brothers, xerox, konica minolta, and others, but no hp. (color hp ink on which we have done almost 200 pages, a plotter)

On all the ones I've seen, there was one drum per color, sometimes part with the toner, but never with just one drum.
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 10/03/23, 15:11

Uh I want to believe you...so there were up to 8 consumable parts in the ones you are talking about? : Shock:

I've had a spare Lexmark MC2 for 3224 years and actually there's no drum on this one...but it does have what they call a "15 page waste toner bottle"

https://www.lexmark.com/fr_fr/printer/1 ... -MC3224dwe

Official price of the 4 toners of 1500 pages = 120% of the price of the printer (with the 4 toners...)! They are nice ! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

So I really only use it as a backup! I came across it on sale at €200...(it's worth €370 today)...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 10/03/23, 15:41

Used toner, I saw on all, sometimes just a container, not with a chip, and you can't transfer ...

On a photocopier, the black, empty cartridge serves as the user toner, but there are also consumables for that.

Initially, the person who managed it, systematically put the black toner for recovery, sometimes, even at well over 50% ...
Well, we pay a cost per page, but still!

Sometimes also, there is the oven to change, every X pages.

Virtually now, or at least last year, all impressions were under contract.

A few years ago, I had found a lexmark CX317dn for my parents, at less than 100€, new, with the conso, (not full, with the purchase), but enough to do 3000 pages, they have it always this little multifunction.

I warned that the price of consumables would be higher than the purchase, and by far.

At vehicle rental (almost 100), it's a multifunction, rental at €17 a month, and printing at around €5 for 1000 pages, in black.
So, it's not expensive, compared to the number of pages released per month, but it would still be very expensive for an individual!
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 10/03/23, 16:08

I just opened the lexmark…you're right there is a drum integrated in each toner…the 2 change together so…
0 x

Back to "failure, troubleshooting and repair: repair yourself? "