Sawdust Paper Log Press Project

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Sawdust Paper Log Press Project

by gegyx » 15/01/22, 14:17

especially since the pedal can be operated with a motor equipped with an eccentric ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 15/01/22, 19:13

To know what pressure you need.

You put your press upside down with the right stuff in it and you put weight on it
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/01/22, 19:40

gegyx wrote:To know what pressure you need.

You put your press upside down with the right stuff in it and you put weight on it

Good method... except that it could be several tons in his case... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/01/22, 20:20

Thank you for your interest.
No, concerning the pressure, if I base myself on the information that I was able to glean, it is not monstrous and for my surface 12X30=360 cm2, it is more than enough; anyway, you must not exceed the resistance of the frame...
Guy, I had not found this type of jack that corresponds enough to what I want, but suddenly it encouraged me to do additional research and here is what I found:
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (253.5 KIO) Accessed 1402 times

2T of thrust, 25 cm of effective deployment for 5 sec with 6 bars and for 108 € including tax... I am appalled (I'm not kidding!): what about creativity when there are suitable solutions, cheap and easy applicable (in the sense of replicable by others)... : Cry:
However, this creativity can still be useful for the implementation of this accessory: either above or below. The current configuration inclines towards the second possibility and gravity should help with the descent phase of the piston (although springs in the other hypothesis would do the job). I think it will be easy to install* and the cycles will be faster**, especially since the amplitude allows both the pressing and the ejection that follows... What do you think?
It is possible (but it is only a vague project in the state, nothing sure) that a CAT is interested in the manufacture of logs of this type, and the security aspect seems to me a significant plus in this frame.

*Due to the low folded height, there will be plenty of room to install the retention tank; in addition to this protection, this type of material is not afraid of humidity...
* *In the case of the "over", it is necessary to plan a rise to allow the ejection, then a new injection of air to carry it out, this with a new support... : roll:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 15/01/22, 20:30

Yes, it exists, but as you recover, we did not want to put you in the expense.
=>3ton, free shipping= https://vevor.fr/products/vevor-cric-de ... NUQAvD_BwE

It is necessary with, the compressor, noisy continuously (not very econological : Lol: )

There is also the electric striker which directly activates an ordinary jack (replacing the crank).

The wiper motor (auto) is too weak.

there is also the lever that lifts cars at the 24 hours of le mans in 1 second... : Cheesy:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/01/22, 20:52

Yes, the initial idea was clearly oriented towards a manual device and the jack proposed by Guy was practically perfect since not only is it operated by a pedal, but its relief valve too*: it remains a good basis for an alternative solution. The two slightly negative points are the low amplitude which only allows pressing and therefore requires an additional ejector device (but that seems to me quite easy to achieve) and a distance from the mold so that it is low enough to "pedal" conveniently ( nothing too penalizing though). Another circumstantial drawback remains the late availability of the machine...
I already have a large recovery compressor, but I no longer have confidence in the solidity of the old tank and had to invest in a smaller one (no need for a monster and above all a silent model : Shock:) for painting (I have just succeeded in bringing back into service a great pistol (Sata, for connoisseurs) which had become unusable over the years.
The two options therefore remain entirely valid and complementary, but, given the finality, I am not stuck on a doctrinal position which would only be a posture... 8)

* unscrewing this needle repeatedly was depressing in advance! Thank you, Guy! : Wink:

Thank you Gegyx for the direct link which avoids the fees of the merchant portal. 8)
1 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 15/01/22, 21:18

service! : Wink:
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 16/01/22, 08:49

It's interesting these pneumatic jacks, I did not know.
I'm going to break the mood a bit with a few things to think about:

What about the durability of the rubber socks which, as everyone knows, will not end up being porous or cracking?
What about wear, cost of the compressor?
What about the nuclear power plant behind?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/01/22, 09:53

I do not exclude any track and in particular relatively technological solutions, insofar as, as I specified, it is necessary to relativize compared to the finality. Contrary to certain sophists bent on intransigent principles when it comes to others, I would see no objection to an activist who is fighting for a reduction in air traffic traveling to do so by plane: this participation is negligible. in proportion to any reduction.
I have a preference for a simple mechanical solution, but you can see that it's not an easy task to build in this direction (but I haven't given up).
For the rest, the durability of the sausage or the compressor, I am quite calm on this side, from experience. The principle of the pneumatic tube means that it does not force, that the pressure is moderate and the speed of use will be much lower than the possibilities since it is necessary to give the water time to evacuate gently. A compressor lasts a very long time and it's often because of accessories that begin to fail that they are abandoned, but it's still repairable... I see it as a lever to make it easier to use, as for example in the part of a CAT, as mentioned...
As for the nuclear power plant, it is already solicited by many uses and this application will not change anything: taking cold showers "will not save the planet"; for the purist or simply the one to whom it suits better*, the mechanical solution or the hydraulic jack remain valid options.
What bothers me with the jack is the time it takes to get it, not its principle which is on the contrary very interesting.

* In particular in the absence of possibility of connection.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/01/22, 22:47

Thinking about it, I think the issues I'm having are just normal debugging issues for a prototype. In addition to the rod which must replace the roller which is in contact with the presser arm, I have to reduce the small side of the lever to reduce the speed of ascent and increase the pressure; I also have to find a place to fix the tray supposed to collect the juices, this in the middle of what is already installed... This will probably lead me to make changes to parts that are nevertheless functional... :frown: I had temporarily skipped this tray, but you have to think about it one day and there it is the beard...

I had also spoken of a plan "B" (for those who followed : Mrgreen: ); it was a simplified version of the current one, in which a pedal was paired with a handle (each at its own level, of course) on a parallelogram. The idea is attractive*, not sure that the use is as much: the hand provides the control/guiding function and the foot that of power: the hand guides the notched end of the small side of the lever and introduces it between two vertical plates (thrust) fitted with sorts of bars which act as successive supports for this lever. In this way there are no more complications of interactions between the various elements, since everything is continuously controlled manually.
The approximate crobar below represents the elements of thrust: the vertical "ladder" (axis of the piston) and the famous parallelogram (the circles represent the points of articulation)...
Image 1.png
Image 1.png (7.25 KiB) Viewed 1246 times

* Conceptually and for connoisseurs, it is the distinction that appears in hydraulics or electricity between control circuit and power circuit...
0 x