Direct parallel connection of 2 EAST and WEST PV solar strings with (very) different panels and voltages?

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Christophe

Re: Direct parallel connection of 2 EAST and WEST PV solar strings with (very) different panels and voltages

by Christophe » 24/11/21, 19:14

You confuse me with Macro !! : Mrgreen:
1 x
Remundo

Re: Direct parallel connection of 2 EAST and WEST PV solar strings with (very) different panels and voltages

by Remundo » 24/11/21, 20:35

Christophe wrote:So I still don't have my answer ...

Remundo can be ?? You who have PV for 10 years?

it is necessary to trace the UI characteristic of the 2 strings with their 2 different lighting

paralleling the 2 strings forces them to the same voltage (which will not be an optimal power point for either one)

the 2 currents are added.

And the inverter will look for an MPP with this bastringue.

But be careful if the 2 strings have really too much difference, indeed one can behave as a generator and force the other in reverse current ...... normally the blocking diodes hold up in this case ... but Well...

overall, I would say that with 2 strings that are too different, it is better to choose a double MPPT inverter, or even 2 small inverters.

in my installations, I have some differences in inclinations, but each inverter receives a SINGLE inclination.
0 x