Ceiling condensation problem

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Re: Ceiling condensation problem

by Christophe » 04/11/21, 23:35

Ahmed wrote:This concrete slab is probably the cause of a massive thermal bridge at the walls and an insulating floor will not solve this point.

In this case it is necessary to put an insulating ceiling : Mrgreen:
1 x
newstarnord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by newstarnord » 05/11/21, 10:00

Yes, okay, but we already have a lot of rubber, palm, ficus plants ...
And, all these plants, you have to water them, so that does not bring humidity either?

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:The most ecological and the most beautiful moisture absorbent is very simple and it is nature that provides it ... the fern and in particular the Boston fern ...

However, this is not the only one: plants are a good way to beautify your interior and solve the problem.

Why not give it a try?
0 x
newstarnord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by newstarnord » 05/11/21, 10:08

Ahmed wrote:This concrete slab is probably the cause of a massive thermal bridge at the walls and an insulating floor will not solve this point.

Yes, but it's weird, because in previous years I hadn't had this phenomenon. At the same time this fall it is not very cold and it rains a lot; the temperature amplitudes between morning and evening are rather important, is that why?

But hey, I can see that the slab is at the dew temperature of the air located in the living rooms.
As long as we have this situation I believe the problem will arise.

Otherwise, I ventilated for 30 minutes yesterday, and the humidity only dropped by 2%, normal it was 13 ° outside and 19 ° inside and it had rained.
So I conclude that the ventilation is ineffective !!
There, currently the living rooms are at 59% humidity for 19.5 °.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 05/11/21, 10:40

newstarnord wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:The most ecological and the most beautiful moisture absorbent is very simple and it is nature that provides it ... the fern and in particular the Boston fern ...

However, this is not the only one: plants are a good way to beautify your interior and solve the problem.

Why not give it a try?
Yes, okay, but we already have a lot of rubber, palm, ficus plants ...
And, all these plants, you have to water them, so that does not bring humidity either?
Plants, they sweat and emit CO2 at night ... not sure that this is the best advice with poor insulation and ventilation. : Wink:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/11/21, 10:49

... well we wait for the pictures? :P Have a good day!
0 x