Open source concentrated solar thermal energy (CSP) project

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Habib_
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Open source concentrated solar thermal energy (CSP) project

by Habib_ » 02/11/21, 17:14

thank you Ahmed for participating :)

yes absolutely, that's why I said for example, because nothing is decided

it can be stainless steel sheet

by the way I think that there will be several configurations, at the beginning a prototype which justifies the daily use (kind of POC), and there no problem, whatever the cost, expression currently in vogue : Lol: and then work on other configurations of the prototype but with cheaper materials, less automation, .. so that it will be accessible to more modest households etc. (Following my telephone conversation earlier, I deduced that the cost will go up a bit, because it will be necessary to think about securing the system otherwise it does not obtain the CE license for the sale. at the base is that this prototype once validated by the team which will develop it, it will be subsequently copied freely, opensource, by young people and young people wishing to reproduce it in small series and sell it in their corners, countries , via the net or in a shop or else ..)

so yes absolutely, stainless steel in my opinion is the best, only the price that will justify aluminum models, even for the cheapest self-adhesive aluminum films on a sheet of steel ... and maybe d 'other reflective materials to look for, haven't dug yet

then there are also the tubes, heating zone, double partition (metal tube in glass tube), there too it will be necessary to work on configurations from the most expensive to the least expensive by playing on the materials etc.

by the way, I reason en masse, I tell myself to generalize the use, it must be accessible and therefore think of different models at the least expensive (and therefore a little fragile, and its performance not great but if used in a very sunny place, southern country, it will bring a more certain) to the more expensive (and therefore armored, sophisticated automatically orientable etc and top performance, even if this is not always true in the north of France for example given the less sunshine mixed with cold etc.)

Finally, there you have it, hence the need for a working group that will look into these different questions and provide answers.

good to you
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/11/21, 14:39

Would hacking on the basis of existing materials cost less?

Draft for example, here a 'standard' stainless steel gutter as standard, with a sensor drawn in its center:

275BAFDC-0BCC-4F69-8D59-974A744F5E28.jpeg
275BAFDC-0BCC-4F69-8D59-974A744F5E28.jpeg (40.46 Kio) Consulté 3191 fois

Product source (exists in 3 models): https://www.asturienne.fr/p/evacuation- ... p-A1956611

Because honestly, a plastic film will never last very long on metal (if we want to make it “durable”), I encourage to do duration tests before, I think it could peel off with heat ( glued on one or on a painted sheet, maybe better, like on vehicles, it can hold in a pinch ... must see the duration)
1 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 03/11/21, 15:25

Indeed, an adhesive reflective film on metal will not last long at all. On a plastic gutter yes, a lot more. Otherwise, there is the reflective mylar ...
http://www.jardicom.fr/p/plantes-reflechissant
1 x
Habib_
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Habib_ » 03/11/21, 15:53

yes, thank you for your research and this beautiful diagram, absolutely, when the hacking and possible we will not be shy : Wink:

otherwise, the film (not plastic) but I mean aluminum foil like the rolls we know for cooking, cooking etc.

that said, I talked about this film / aluminum sheet glued on sheet metal, just if we want to offer a lowcost model (very modest families, developing countries, etc.), but otherwise the prototype that I want to make (well if I will have an interested team, etc.) is the one with stainless steel sheet and as I said in the previous message, to pay the price to already see a "beautiful" operational prototype which will serve to convince the reluctant thereafter, to adopt it more etc. it will indeed be necessary to buy the most efficient and high-performance components possible: a reflector, the glass tubes with partition (to be ordered can be from a subcontractor), the turbine, the pressure gauges, etc. the reflector to follow the sun throughout the day, ..

Here, I also continue to make this project known to the right and to the left, I put comments on several facebook pages that navigate around renewable energy (solarfirefrance, EnergiePartagee, coopawatt, ..) on twitter also I saw that ADEME encourages citizens' projects around thermal heat, .. I have just visited the fablab of the city of science, the manager told me that the fablab is at your disposal for work such as laser cutting, printing 3D, etc. on the other hand, they do not have an open-air place to be able to work on the prototype at home, since the proto needs the sun ..)

if not, I go back a little, the bottom of the wish of this project? is that eventually, equip each house with a micro-power plant! on the roof or in the garden, which provides part (or all) of its electricity consumption, thanks to concentrated solar power.
a block diagram of the central micro in question:

http://www.cspultralitesolar.com/techno ... lar-power/

but there we are still very far : Lol:

see you later
1 x
Habib_
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Habib_ » 03/11/21, 16:08

thank you Guy for the advice and the idea of ​​the mylar, I saw your message after posting my previous message.

no for the moment the film solution is not the one that will be tested (maybe afterwards to make lowcost models), at least for the first prototype (if it will see the light of day, because I am still looking for the team and especially a minimum interest with people, because I do not do it for me : Wink: ..) its reflector will be made of stainless steel, finally as it is a team effort, it is the team that will decide all this ..
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/11/21, 16:15

Without wanting to take me too far (or knowing completely how you would set up a “domestic” CSP : Shock: ) the most reasonable / feasible and most financially accessible project for:

- “a micro-power plant on the roof or in the garden of a house”

Already exists, it's called “solar panels, batteries and energy efficiency".

And this unless you find a system supplied turnkey by a manufacturer, but I do not see where to find that. The reason is simple, for just one house, we immediately go to a complex technical installation, expensive and requiring a minimum of maintenance with a whole circuitry of pipes for the heat transfer fluid, + boiler and alternator, and qualified personnel and expensive to mount it, and make it work with sensors in different places and a whole electronic bazaar to manage the whole without damaging it (so bye-bye the low-cost), and moreover it is necessary to be able to store the heat, whereas it is much easier to collect with panels and store in batteries. Yes we can also store in batteries with a CSP, but that would not make much sense, that's not really why we do a CSP, in this case there is a lot of loss (that's good why we prefer to store heat).

But if you have the technical, simple, economical and easy to implement solution for a CSP in single-family home application, then you will become multibillionaire and / or we will seek to buy back your concept from you. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Habib_
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Habib_ » 03/11/21, 17:01

for this reason I ended my message by "we are very far from the central microphone in question" : Lol:

I understand all the questioning and complication that you mentioned, the prototype will be a basic demo and therefore it will be done in the simplicity, even if the essential components must be present (at least the reflector, piping, turbine), even if it means being sophisticated afterwards.

what I forgot to mention, that this idea came to me following the last increases in fossil fuel prices and that obviously it will only increase or at least not decrease.

Moreover, if this CSP techno turns out to be more expensive than photovoltaic, we agree that it will be necessary to make photovoltaic, or nothing (for modest households who cannot access it)

in any case nothing is done yet, precisely because it will first be necessary to justify the usefulness, hence my "advertisement" on the right and on the left to have positive and negative feedback, and if that interests as long as I imagine people.

otherwise, I do not intend to become a billionaire or any of that : Lol: as I said at the beginning I am launching the idea of ​​an opensource DIY project as part of a collective work .. in other words if I do not find a motivated team I do not advance more than that ..
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/11/21, 17:53

How many house / s are there in this project?

"Geen Community ”/“ Hub ” what does it mean? Looks like it's for a subdivision?

44989D85-79A9-4155-8F08-D323F3682334.jpeg
44989D85-79A9-4155-8F08-D323F3682334.jpeg (32.56 Kio) Consulté 3137 fois
1 x
Habib_
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Habib_ » 03/11/21, 18:36

sorry Obamot, involuntarily I misled you!

by the way by sending the link above I just thought that you were looking at the block diagram which appears at the top of the page of the site in question (which I have not even looked in detail at the other diagrams of this same site. . and therefore the diagram you just displayed ..)

So I wanted to send just this image (which moreover can be found on other sites, it schematizes a csp central)
that is here :
https://www.ecomena.org/wp-content/uplo ... hs-CSP.jpg

you can therefore ignore the link that I sent earlier because in fact I am only targeting the first diagram which is in it and not the rest .. and I even regret to speak of central micro csp etc.

sorry again and thank you for your involvement
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 04/11/21, 12:08

No problem !
1 x